Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 3:40:36 PM EDT
The crime rate
Identity theft
Terrorism
High housing prices (40 million people have to live somewhere)
High auto insurance rates
High gas prices
High medical insurance rates
High workers comp rates
Rising welfare costs
Crowded freeways
Crowded schools
Crowded hospitals
Crowded jails
Crowded prisons

with illegal immigration contributing to all those problems why is Tancredo the only candidate beating the anti-illegal immigration drum?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh. It's a mixed bag.  They don't contribute to "terrorism" much at all.  They definitely "contribute greatly" to higher crime rates.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Contribute GREATLY
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:45:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Bioterror.  They don't like to flush toilet paper and will scatter USED PAPER over the floor in the bathroom.

Fucking disgusting.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:17:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Duncan Hunter is a real conservative and for some reason gets no standing from the Press or the pundits.

Look at his positions, look at his record and he is the best of the bunch in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:25:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Tancredo's been beating the drum for years now

The only three that I'd trust to actually fix it are Tancredo,Thompson and Hunter

Romney says he'll fix it but I don't know

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Tancredo's been beating the drum for years now

The only three that I'd trust to actually fix it are Tancredo,Thompson and Hunter

Romney says he'll fix it but I don't know

Thompson is not going to fix it.  Thompson is a CFR member.  CFR wants to erase the border, not protect it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#7]
one of my stupid buddies knocked up an illegal chick from mexico who was working as a stripper.. well she got in a car wreck and used her sisters insurance to pay over 140,000 in medical bills. when she woke up they figure out that she wasnt her sister and they are now making them pay back the charged up medical bills and charged her with insurance fraud. so yes, I say they contribute a LOT considering I dont know of any legal americans who have done that in my 30 years in this life
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't really see any there that you can't make a case for illegals being a great contributor.

As for terrorism, how many of the 9/11 hijackers were here on expired visas (making them illegally in the country aka illegal immigrants)?  How many of the AQ/Hezbollah/etc sleeper cells are made up of people who either came here or reside here illegally?

-K
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Meh. It's a mixed bag.  They don't contribute to "terrorism" much at all.

The 9/11 terrorists were illegal immigrants the moment they overstayed their visas and lied on their visa applications. I doubt they listed "To wage jihad by crashing jets into the world trade center" on their visa applications.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No answer I can go with.

IMHO illegals make a proportionate contribution to criminal activity.

5sub

Of course it should be noted that, by definition, ALL illegals are criminals.

That is the thing that pisses me off the most when I argue about illegal immigration. That should be the first and only point someone should have to make. Instead, cities that fight against illegal immigration (Riverside NJ) get branded as racist and intolerant, instead of hard on crime. No one would call someone who hates burglars racist.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Meh. It's a mixed bag.  They don't contribute to "terrorism" much at all.

The 9/11 terrorists were illegal immigrants the moment they overstayed their visas and lied on their visa applications. I doubt they listed "To wage jihad by crashing jets into the world trade center" on their visa applications.

Unfortunately, in today's world "illegal immigrant" means hispanic/latino to 99.9% of the population.  I think the 'totality of the circumstances' is yes, illegal immigrants contribute to all the ills in your list but it is a broad brush to be painting with.

Seriously, when was the last time you heard/saw an illegal Irish immigrant holed up in a church to avoid deportation?

Brian
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Bioterror.  They don't like to flush toilet paper and will scatter USED PAPER over the floor in the bathroom.

Fucking disgusting.

I've seen this.  I don't get it.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Unfortunately, in today's world "illegal immigrant" means hispanic/latino to 99.9% of the population.

That's because illegals make up such a large percentage of their population.

They refuse to learn english, and most of them are on some form of gubmint cheeze program.

And then they have the audacity to get offended over it.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking disgusting.

I've seen this.  I don't get it.

Poor quality of mexican sewers. So they throw used asswipe in the trash can instead.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The crime rate Yes
Identity theft Yes
Terrorism Not really
High housing prices (40 million people have to live somewhere)  Not really
High auto insurance rates  Yes
High gas prices Possibly
High medical insurance rates ABSOLUTELY
High workers comp rates  Don't Know
Rising welfare costs  Probably
Crowded freeways  Not so much
Crowded schools  Absolutely!
Crowded hospitals  ABSOLUTELY!!!
Crowded jails ABSOLUTELY!!!
Crowded prisons ABSOLUTELY!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, in today's world "illegal immigrant" means hispanic/latino to 99.9% of the population.

That's because illegals make up such a large percentage of their population.

They refuse to learn english, and most of them are on some form of gubmint cheeze program.

And then they have the audacity to get offended over it.

I was commenting on ar15fan's point about the 9/11 terrorists being 'illegal aliens' and the contributing to terrorism issues.  How many hispanic illegals have been caught trying to commit true terrorist acts - read not norteno/sureno/MS-13 gang activity?

Brian
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The crime rate
Identity theft
Terrorism
High housing prices (40 million people have to live somewhere)
High auto insurance rates
High gas prices
High medical insurance rates
High workers comp rates
Rising welfare costs
Crowded freeways
Crowded schools
Crowded hospitals
Crowded jails
Crowded prisons

with illegal immigration contributing to all those problems why is Tancredo the only candidate beating the anti-illegal immigration drum?

All of the above and more.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top