Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 2:48:30 PM EDT
I've used their electronic scales for over 10 years, and was very satisfied with the product.  In fact, I purchased their automatic powder dispenser because of my satisfaction with their scales.

The combination worked quite well for over a year, then the high speed motor on the dispenser failed.  No worries, they have a lifetime warranty.  I call them up, go through their troubleshooting steps, box up the unit as directed, include a check for $10, and send it in.

The box was mailed 9/20, and delivered 9/22 @ 1050 CDT.  I just called them to see if they will be able to have it back to me any time soon since they have had it for 18 days.  They claim they didn't receive the box until 10/3 (9 days after it was delivered and signed for), and they expect to have it back to me in about 3 weeks.

These things are not that damn complicated.  I imagine they can make a new one in about 15 minutes, why the hell does it take 4 WEEKS to do a simple repair???  

Damn it!!! I've got a BUNCH of reloading I want to get done before 10/25, and these crank yankers are messing up MY plans... <kicks the dirt, spits, and presents a middle finger salute towards Grand Prairie, TX.>

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe they have a backlog of other things to fix?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You're not alone.  I'm dealing with an issue with a business in Colorado that took a painfully long time to ship my purchase, and ended up shipping me items very different than advertised.  They have ignored my very polite emails to customer service so far.

I should have noted they had no phone number for their website, just email to contact.

I'm going to hold off on mentioning their name to give them a few more days to clear this up, but I doubt they will.

I feel your pain, in a similiar customer service fashion.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Milquetoast, by chance, do you happen to have Mr. Colman's email address?

No, I do not.  Not on the website?  If not, call and ask for him.  He is good people.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#4]
My BBK2 quit last year. (Wouldn't calibrate)

I sent it in with a check for $10. and had a new one in about 3-4 weeks.

I could have driven over there and exchanged it in about an 1/2 hour.

I do like their product and warranty, but I found their customer service a little lacking.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

These things are not that damn complicated.  I imagine they can make a new one in about 15 minutes, why the hell does it take 4 WEEKS to do a simple repair???  

At least you have warranty coverage.  Be thankful or that.  Usually such a delay is because there is a backlog of warranty work - first in -first out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
You know...  It all goes back to the gospel of "2 is 1, and 1 is none".   I should have seen it coming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top