Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/7/2007 6:55:00 AM EDT
I've lingered in and out of the chat room for years now.  I'm out of there now.  The people they have selected to be moderaters do nothing but chastise new people and ridicule people for asking questions. I've watched them run off several people, and I dont' think this helps our hobby or this site.

--my two cents
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:57:15 AM EDT
[#2]
you can find people talking in there?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Apparently, they sit idle waiting for someone to lurk in and ask a question so they can  act like complete jerks. LOL
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Do people talk about what cologne they are wearing in there?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]
WEll they post a lot of links to nudy pictures.  In a gun chat room, well whatever works for ya, lol.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Chat is real time GD on crack.  Kind of fun if the mood strikes, or a crack addict...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WEll they post a lot of links to nudy pictures.  In a gun chat room, well whatever works for ya, lol.

Hmmmm, are they all girls? Do I need to get a membership? Actually been thinking about it for a while. Might have to take the plunge. (The temptation of the dark side has always been a problem for me. )
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#8]
where is said chatroom?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Arnt chat rooms for fat folks who cant get dates?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#10]
We have a chat??? I think we need an ARFCOM personals section, the ratio would be 1000 to 1 in the sexes, probably bad idea
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#12]
<gramps voice>WAAAAAAAYYYYYY back in the day; about half the people you ran into on IRC were normal functioning adults. It was an OK way to meet people and exchange ideas.

Hell, I met my lovely wife on IRC. We've been married for about 10 years now.

The last several times I've fired up the `ole shell account have reminded me why I quit IRCing sometime around 1998.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hmm.

"WORTHLESS"?  Is that you?

If so, I saw that exchange after it happened.  The moderator (channel op, actually) in question didn't chastise you, nor did he ridicule you.  I can copy/paste it here if you'd like.

Yes I would like to see the transcript.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]
tag, this is gonna be good
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmm.

If so, I saw that exchange after it happened.  The moderator (channel op, actually) in question didn't chastise you, nor did he ridicule you.  I can copy/paste it here if you'd like.

+1

To better determine who is the asshole.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
where is said chatroom?

Scroll up above to the top of the page, you will see "Chat" above the "AR15.com Home of the Black Rifle" logo.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hmm.

yaeh, post it up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#19]

In before the Gloftoe ownage.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmm.

I agree.  The OP's point can't be fairly evaluated without the facts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#21]
used to hang out there and than it lost it's Luster,No Great Loss
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#22]
LOL
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I've lingered in and out of the chat room for years now.  I'm out of there now.  The people they have selected to be moderaters do nothing but chastise new people and ridicule people for asking questions. I've watched them run off several people, and I dont' think this helps our hobby or this site.

--my two cents

The Chat is somewhat of a close-knit group, kind of like the water cooler is at work.  Noobs riding in on their ponies, in their shiney new rhinestone cowboy outfits, shooting their cap guns wildly into the air, don't fly there.  One needs to ease into things, like I did a couple of years back.    

You wouldn't walk up to a group of strangers at a party and just budge in, would you?  I've seen you in there before and people have been cordial to you, so I don't know what your beef is?

As for 'running people off'...sure, there are trolls in a chat too, sockpuppets as well and I guess the tolerance there, unlike here, is pretty low for the infantiles.  If I had a dollar for every new face popping in and asking...'any of you in here own a gun, or an AR?' I'd be able to buy a new 'AR.'  Or the other one...'what's the best AR our there?', gets tired after the millionth time, but we're not running those people off unless they start acting like dicks to 'us.'

Chat is give and take and if one is demanding or trying to hog the stage, they might get the cold shoulder from the regulars.  If you aren't contributing to the conversation, you're only hogging bandwidth, so hit the road.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Respect is earned.

ETA: I just skimmed over the transcript. I have NO sympathy for you ARCOLLECTOR.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Gloftoe=1
ARCOLLECTOR=ZERO.

Chat ownage owns page 2
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
<snip>
[09:36] WORTHLESS: is that stuff like the hornady tap considered an armor piercing round?
[09:36] WORTHLESS: i feel like if the shtf then most people will be wearing body armor
[09:37] WORTHLESS: i know i would be
[09:37] WORTHLESS: and if they are, what do we get that will penitrate that stuff?

[09:48] BaghdadBob: I love this pic
[09:48] BaghdadBob: image removed
[09:48] Texas_Rick: I'd lick the pink off that
[09:48] BaghdadBob: as would I
[09:49] Texas_Rick: ya think she's got body armor?
[09:49] BaghdadBob: no
[09:49] BaghdadBob: lol
[09:49] Texas_Rick: I could penetrate that easily
[

Hehehehehe....

Wow.  Hard to imagine that such a producive exchange like that could go south.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Gloftoe wins the interweb for the time being.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Uhh no, that transcript is not me, I have and always will sign on as ARCollector. ALthough The glof's have banned me before from there stupid little chat room.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Uhh no, that transcript is not me, I have and always will sign on as ARCollector. ALthough The glof's have banned me before from theretheir stupid little chat room.

Fixed.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll go call the whaaambulance. Let me grab a Kleenex first though .

Chat isn't arfcom day care - don't expect to be burped like a baby and given candy when you come in.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
<gramps voice>WAAAAAAAYYYYYY back in the day; about half the people you ran into on IRC were normal functioning adults. It was an OK way to meet people and exchange ideas.

Hell, I met my lovely wife on IRC. We've been married for about 10 years now.

The last several times I've fired up the `ole shell account have reminded me why I quit IRCing sometime around 1998.

Heck yeah... old school EFNET FTW.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Your right J_Smith, be sure to be rude to everyone that comes in there as I have seen you do year after yeat. That way you and the Glof's and everyone else in there can be in there by yourselfs, just as you have been for a  long time.  

I wont' be posting to this anymore, because It's just fixing to turn into a version of what goes on in the chat room.  The point of my post was to try and make the mods or chat room ops or whatever title you want to hang on them, see that by behaving this way, your run people off and that's not good for our hobby or this site.  

Quoted:

Chat isn't arfcom day care - don't expect to be burped like a baby and given candy when you come in.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh, and one more thing, GLOFS---Before you go banging away transcripts be sure you got the right guy, not that I care at this point.  Worthless was a little irritated but then there goes baghdad, being a smart butt to kick things off right, LOL. I can't believe you Glofs are from Austin. Geez I thought all texans were cool. LOL
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Mall Ninja chats
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Where is this chat room you speak of?

ETA: Never mind. I found it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I went in last week and saw some of the rudeness, didnt' say a word and left.  This is a thought I've had for a long time and just now posted after seeing it last night. Nothing personal towards me, this time. Just more of the same know it all but dont' know nothing behavior that good people with real questions dont' really want to heat. If this hacks you off becasue your conected to chat I'm sorry,l change it, or don't, not my web site, not my chat room. But is my hobby and what a wonderful place that room could be for nice people to come in and ask real questions without all the the put downs and smart butt remarks.

Quoted:
Well I'll tell you what.  If that wasn't you, why don't you tell us A) which chat op chastised you (or whoever) and what they said, or B) provide a transcript that we can all check out.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#39]
*YAWN*

AKA: Texas_Rick in the chat room

I was there........
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I went in last week and saw some of the rudeness, didnt' say a word and left.  This is a thought I've had for a long time and just now posted after seeing it last night. Nothing personal towards me, this time. Just more of the same know it all but dont' know nothing behavior that good people with real questions dont' really want to heat. If this hacks you off becasue your conected to chat I'm sorry,l change it, or don't, not my web site, not my chat room. But is my hobby and what a wonderful place that room could be for nice people to come in and ask real questions without all the the put downs and smart butt remarks.

Quoted:
Well I'll tell you what.  If that wasn't you, why don't you tell us A) which chat op chastised you (or whoever) and what they said, or B) provide a transcript that we can all check out.  

Waaaaah!  People are being rude!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Your right J_Smith, be sure to be rude to everyone that comes in there as I have seen you do year after yeat. That way you and the Glof's and everyone else in there can be in there by yourselfs, just as you have been for a  long time.  

I wont' be posting to this anymore, because It's just fixing to turn into a version of what goes on in the chat room.  The point of my post was to try and make the mods or chat room ops or whatever title you want to hang on them, see that by behaving this way, your run people off and that's not good for our hobby or this site.  

Quoted:

If it bugs you that much, post P2P with only those people you wish to speak to. For the record, I haven't been perpetually active in chat - I've gone through phases of activity since around 1998/1999.

In the past, I admit to be excessively rude and an outright jerk in chat. If mere sarcasm makes you wince - I'd suggest a nicer playground. Many newbies in chat are trolls who show up simply to annoy or ask really dumb questions. If you're too bugged - just unplug your computer - Internet isn't LIFE.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Uhh no, that transcript is not me, I have and always will sign on as ARCollector. ALthough The glof's have banned me before from there stupid little chat room.
if you feel it's stupid-don't go there.  Period.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I have a grand idea: Don't sling insults and personal attacks and you won't get booted out of the chat room.

Problem solved.

Come on in so I can insult you too
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#48]
The world is rude.  Get over it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I'm one of the chat Ops, but I always seem to miss out on all the fun.

[ETA] And I'm from Austin too.

Sounds like a conspiracy to take over the chat room!  Damn sneaky Austin folks!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top