Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Fully justified in the use of force but his technique was poor.  If you wait around for an obviously non-compliant subject to cooperate you will usually end up having to escalate when they turn on you.  Case in point - it looked like he got bit.  Does she have Hep, AIDS or God-knows-what?

The Officer placed himself in greater risk by treating the subject with kid gloves.  

Pin the subject, control an arm with a hold, (he did this much) remove your cuffs with your strong arm, and then cuff her flailing arm and ratchet it back to hook up with the one you have under control (hinged cuffs are great for this).  It's sometimes easier said then done, but with the right technique it should be a non-issue against a light weight female.

I think these days the public and the media have the police scared to use any force and that can only get people hurt...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The right hook to her cranium is a whole different kettle of fish.....
Why?

She was doing her absolute best to harm the officer.  His goal is simple:  take away any desire she has to resist and harm him.    He had to remove one hand from her to deploy his OC spray.  The punch stunned her enough to where he was able to do so.

How would OC spray be perfectly acceptable when a punch is not?

Should he simply allow her to do as she pleases with complete impunity?

To this end why didnt he just draw his sidearm and shoot her? If we are placing the premium on taking her desire away to resist and potentially harm him why not usurp the entire continuum of deadly force protocol? Would a double tap to the abdomen or her pelvis not stun her enough for him to gain compliance?

Sound ridiculos? It should.

Just what point are you trying to make?  You'll have to clarify, because that went way over my head.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dupe. The answer is absolutely, and probably should have been used sooner. If anything, the cop was too hesitant.

Exactly what I was thinking...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Cop should've sprayed sooner.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
looks good to me

I agree he should have forced her harder at the beginning  and not allowed her the opportunity to try and bite him which caused the level of force to ramp up
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Ask ya once, tell ya twice, then ya meet the ground.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Iron wrist lock takedown.  Takes all the fight out of em.

Completely justified.  I bet he won't be hesitant to use force on a non compliant subject in the future now.  IMHO he waited way too long.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Definitely justified. Looked like he was afraid of breaking her spindly little arms...hell, I thought they were going to snap like twigs even before she bit him.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top