Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2007 7:58:29 PM EDT
I accidently deleted some pics from my computer and from my recycling bin. Is there anyway to get them back?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but I'm not sure if there is any free software that can do it....I'm sure some others here can point you in the right direction.

But for now.......try and keep any file I/O operations you do with your hard drive to an absolute minimum. You could risk overwriting those files.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
is it possible to do a system restore to a few days before you deleted the pics?
not sure if that will work
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I accidently deleted some pics from my computer and from my recycling bin. Is there anyway to get them back?

You need some type of undelete tool, there are many out there.  The one I use isn't available for free, but maybe searching download.com or someplace like that you could find a free or a trial one
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
is it possible to do a system restore to a few days before you deleted the pics?
not sure if that will work

Probably not, system restore doesn't do files in the user folder (my docs, my pics, my music, etc) from my understanding.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had success with Restoration...it will run from a thumb drive even.

This link should be it.

You do not want to write to the c: drive until you recover the files.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top