Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2001 11:19:50 AM EDT
Who is a dealer for McMillan stocks? Who has the best prices. I know that you can order them from McMillan themselves but I was wondering if there was a cheaper source.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Bob you don't just buy a McMillian stock and drop your rifle in it. You send your rifle to McMillian so that it can be bedded properly.

Contact # is 623-582-9635
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
SA,my friend,can i call you my friend?..what about the Ruger 10/22 3pos McMillian intimidator?..I want to set up one of my 1022s up with 1 of those if I can find one?..[?]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
SA, are you sure they have to bed the rifle at the factory?  I know you must order the stocks factory direct.  If I'm not mistaken, the stocks work just as well unbedded.  At least, this is what I have read on sites such as Snipercountry.com, snipercentral.com, and snipersparadise.com.  I believe you can just order the stock from them, stick it on your rifle, and begin shooting.  They do sell the bedding kit but according to a pro shooter who talked to Mr. McMillan himself, they do not have to be bedded to function flawlessly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot, try these guys.  Depending on what model you want, they may have it cheaper...
[url]www.tacticalstocks.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, there is a difference. For a 10-22 you can drop it right in. I was speaking of say, setting up a 700 for sniper applications. Had McMillian do a A4 on one of mine.

bolt, you can call me your friend.

Cypher, if your talking sniper applications, little things count. I'd send it to them, unless your are an expert at setting tifles up for sniper applications.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I was just relaying what I saw in a review on snipercountry.com  [url]http://www.snipercountry.com/McMillanA4.htm[/url]  

When I order my A4 I'm just gonna order it straight from them with no bedding.  According to that article, bedding the stock is just a waste of money.  I would like to see a comparison of the same rifle with an unbedded stock first, then a bedded and see if there is any difference.  Got any pictures of that rifle, SA, I'd love to see it.  Not tryin to prove you wrong, just making it known that bedding is not required.  I know what you mean, snipers require a different setup than just your average Joe Blow paper assasin like me [:)]  
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was just relaying what I saw in a review on snipercountry.com  [url]http://www.snipercountry.com/McMillanA4.htm[/url]  

When I order my A4 I'm just gonna order it straight from them with no bedding.  According to that article, bedding the stock is just a waste of money.  I would like to see a comparison of the same rifle with an unbedded stock first, then a bedded and see if there is any difference.  Got any pictures of that rifle, SA, I'd love to see it.  Not tryin to prove you wrong, just making it known that bedding is not required.  I know what you mean, snipers require a different setup than just your average Joe Blow paper assasin like me [:)]  
View Quote

Back of the safe but I'll dig it out and get a pick up. Snipercountry aside, I shot mine against the same rifle unbedded at 100 yards with no appreciable difference.

However, the differences beyond 300 yards were measured in inches.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmm, inches huh?  How much extra does bedding cost?[:)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmm, inches huh?  How much does extra does bedding cost?[:)]
View Quote

I find it better to not add it up. Just get it done right and pay for it. Contact McMillian for terms and procedures.

There are things you save money one, these are things that won't get you killed.

And there are things you don't save money on, these are things that keep you alive.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Just to add, the vast majority of REAL snipers are LE. Military snipers are far outnumbered by their LE counterparts.

The huge difference is most LE snipers, including the FBI HRT guys rarely engage beyond 100 yards and often much closer. Single snipers often engage multiple targets in rapid succession. In addition they often provide continues support and cover after LE teams are in the field of view.

Military snipers are much different. They are rarely used in infantry support situations. They usually engage single targets. And they do so at unreal ranges. The range of the military sniper is primarily limited to the ballistics of the .308 round.

So keep this huge difference in mind when talking to snipers about their equipment.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought my A3 from [url]www.tacticalstocks.com[/url]

It is a drop-in type, so all I needed to do was put the action in, and torque the screws.
I have noticed zero changes in group size or consistency with the "non-bedded" stock.

Just FYI,

havoc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top