Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2001 7:47:24 AM EDT
Heard on Fox news that the unmanned, remotely piloted Predator spy planes now have missiles fitted on them and will be used to strike targets.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#1]
iF YOU READ THE NAVAL INSTITUTE`S "PROCEEDINGS", you`ll see that this is the first step in developing UCAVs (Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles).
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Heard they put 'Hellfires' on 'em!

Eric The(NowThat'sNice!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Heard they put 'Hellfires' on 'em!
View Quote

Someone should come up with another missile, preferably antipersonnel, named the "Brimstone."
[;)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, but it doesn't make any difference if someone somewhere lacks the sack to take that shot.

We had Mullah Omar the head of the Taliban identified and confirmed at a meeting, and someone in Washinton DC asked a [b]DAMNED JAG LAWYER[/B] if we could fire him up.

"No, we'd better not."

Hand-wringing little fairies. This just goes to show how high up the feminization of the military has gone.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Rik, funny you should say that!  There actually is a missile named "Brimstone" in development - and yes, it is an offshoot of the "Hellfire."  I think it might be some kind of vehicle based type, but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#6]
A Maverick missile would work fine.  Pop the top on any tank located.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#7]
You can just duct tape a claymore to one
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#8]
OPSEC-
You can't post this stuff!  Now the Talibanis (who don't even have running F'ing water but are of course logged onto AR-15.com 24/7 and using cute Vegophillia nic-names) will know what we have coming after them.

Unless, oh, I get it, this is DISINFORMATION!  They aren't really armed, but we want them to think they are so they'll run away instead of standing there and shooting them down!

I give up.  

(no offense, just a rant).
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Mavericks are too heavy for the Predator UAV.  The Brimstone version is a milimeter-wave fire & forget AT missile where the Hellfire is laser-designated which the Predator has as part of it's sensor suite. It's better for non-armored vehicle targets.  The MMW targeting head wouldn't be able to lock onto certain targets.
Top Top