Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2001 7:09:50 PM EDT
Cool show. Tonight was pretty interesting to at the ending, when the special forces group took care of business.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I watch it.  The ending with the special forces group was the only part I didn't like.  They're wearing brown guillie suits in the middle of green vegetation and they have sniper scopes mounted on M4's when the targets are 10 ft from them.  I'm probably just being to picky, but it was a good show.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw it for the first time last night.  Had the faggy looking guy from some lawyer show and the black lady from ER.  I recall one exchange between the faggy guy and his trainee:

She:  "Who are we protecting, RDL [mining company]?" (delivered in a real condescending tone of voice)..

He:  "No, the people" (delivered defensively, like protecting business was evil).

When I got to that part, I turned it off.  The whole exchange came across as typical anti-business liberal trash.

I won't bother with it again.

Merlin

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I watched the first two episodes, but I'm afraid they haven't grabbed me.

ER is better...
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it's a TV show. By that fact they have to play it up for the regular public. The part that I find interesting about it is that each week they have some critical situation that they go to work on from the perspective of "whatever it takes". And they still don't even scratch the surface of what the real agency is like.

My favorite Agency-type actor was John Malkovich in the CE movie In the Line of Fire. Now he was psycho.

I guess they had to put brown suits on them so that we could see them better (in the minds of the network execs and directors) since they figure that most people watching are going to be little old men and ladies with bad vision [:D]

Bellows isn't quite so bad (faggy acting). Just watch Will and Grace a few times. That'll put you into proper perspective [:D]

But I definitely would have picked a better guy for that lead roll. Michael Biehn would have been better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top