Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2001 3:05:46 PM EDT
Hello, my father has told me that a few guys at work both got e-mails stating that the 2nd amendment has come to a final interpatation.

These emails said that last night a resolution to the interpretation has come to a final ruling or decision of some sort. Thus allowing everyone to obtain a concealed carry permit (meaning law abiding citizens, which would be subject to a background check).

Has anyone received this e-mail? From what Ive been told Federal law and a federal background check would supersede any local LEO, and permits would be issued via Fed, and not local LEO.

I know that old Jesse Ventura is gonna try to get CC in MN (again), but this is something different. Thanks

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds too good

i dont believe it

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
IM talking to my father now, and he was told that there was a 3 different reports of this, via eamil to this ruling...........I dont know if these guys are part of a Legal forums discussion board or what, but more than 1 person got these (3 emails).

I dont personally know of these guys who got the email, but my fathers co-workers are active shooters, and typically wouldnt BS people, however the internet is full of rumors, thus the reason for asking the members on this board to verify any of this info.

This is the link to the Emerson Case, and I dont think this is what they were talking about.
[url]http://www.saf.org/pub/rkba/news/8thCircuitDecisions.htm [/url]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Have him ask one of them to forward one or more of the emails to you as you are very interested in them, and you know a lot of people that are also interested in them.... then post them here, and we can discuss it further, otherwise we're simply speculating...
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Give me some hardcore proof and I'll gladly celebrate.  

But deep down I know that nothing can break the Iron Curtain of Maryland.....[i]nothing[/i].
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is the link to the Emerson Case, and I dont think this is what they were talking about.
View Quote

The Emerson case is the only ruling that has been made recently.  That other stuff sounds bogus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top