Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2001 3:07:45 AM EDT
Ok this NOT your every day VS. topic,I just need a lil. info so I can make up my own mind.

AR type rifles: do they do any good as .308?

Parts: are all the parts(less the .308 stuff) the same,lower parts,FS,stocks,sights,ect

Mags:are the mags tough to find,and are there any 30 round mags?

Heavy or not?

Goodies: will all my AR-15 goodies work on it?
(Red dot,Ergo grip)

Thank you for any helpful info,but I will read the other stuff to[:)]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:06:03 AM EDT
[#1]
There are some parts that are interchangeable between the 15 and 10 but not a lot.  Some trigger parts, some smaller springs, front and rear sight parts and yes, the stock, hand gards and pistol grip.  The lower is larger to accomodate the longer .308 cartridge. and the upper is different for the same reason, ejecting the .308 brass.  Bolt, bolt carrier and parts and every thing else is different.

The 10 is a little heavier and has a little more recoil.

It's not fair to compare the 15 with the 10.  It would be better to compare the 10 to other .308 semi-autos.

In that regard I like my 10 better than my M1A but only because it seems more accurate (10 has a Douglas match bull barrel and the M1A has standard chrome lined barrel) and has a little less recoil, so I'm realy still not comparing apples to apples.

The 10 has the same ergonomics as the 15, which I like magazine functions better.

Magazines are modified M1A/M14 mags, they are expensive but not hard to find.  You can send in the Chinese ones to ArmaLite and have them converted and have about $45.00 into a magazine.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:20:00 AM EDT
[#3]
And no forward assist
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Actualy my AR10 has been flawless in operation.

I have heard some that may have experienced feed and ejection problems and were related to extracter sping strength issues and or crappy ammo.  The former has been addressed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top