Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2001 9:02:33 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting a FFL, to buy items cheap and then resell them.  Most of the wholesale dealers only give good deals to FFL dealers correct?  I'm really only interested in using the FFL to buy accesories such as scopes.  I talked to a guy today that said with his FFL he was able to get new Springfield Armory 3rd gen  scopes for $400.  I didn't ask where, but that seems about right dosen't it?  Their must be one HUGE markup on this stuff.  Seems like you could make a great deal from this stuff!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't really need an FFL to deal in accessories and most parts - just commerce in finished firearms and receivers.  Anything you can get shipped right to your door otherwise will not require an FFL.

Most wholesalers WILL require that you hold a business license of some sort, and likely a reseller's permit (to collect sales tax,) but shoul dnot be a problem otherwise.  Besides, the business license and the reseller's permits are far easier to get (most places) than an actual FFL, and you don't raise as many eyebrows that way.  Besides, you will need the other two tickets to do what you're talking about anyhow...

FFZ
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't believe you figured it out. What was it the Mercedes we all drive or the quarter million dollar homes we live in.

Man now that the secret is out no one will pay the 400% markup we charge.

Just ask SteryAug how much money he is taking to the back.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Living that crazy "IMBRO" lifestyle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to bear bad news, but a FFL won't let you save major bucks on accessories, as there isn't as huge a markup on this stuff as you might think.  Dealer pricing is only rougly 10% less than retail in most cases.  The key to getting really good pricing, as always, is to buy in bulk.  Like thousands at a time.

However...

You *can* save some money by getting a C&R FFL.  The C&R is much easier to get for an individual who doesn't have a storefront, and many retailers will give you dealer pricing -- Brownell's and Midway come to mind.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
wish i could have an FFL.  That way if joe blow has an HK 91 or Benelli in the exchange forum i could just buy it from him.  I kinda feel like its no one elses business other than the seller, of what i am buying.  Plus, i could get firearms a little cheaper than at the local gun store....
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree.. the local FFL's here in central and north florida now charge $50 for a class one transfer! That is a lot of money.. But I don;t have access to a storefront now.. so oh well
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I know a good ffl in N. Florida who charges 20 bucks, plus 4 for the call. If you want to know who he is, email me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Orion, That's exacly what I'm sayin. Nobodys bizz
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Orion, That's exacly what I'm sayin. Nobodys bizz
View Quote

I agree.......[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top