Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2001 5:33:15 PM EDT
Just wanted to let everyone know how well I was treated by this guy...

I placed my 1st order with him tonight, online...
I wanted to get some of the Q3131A he was selling...
I spent most of my afternoon (3 hours) trying to figure out how the hell to get a picture of my drivers license on to my WebTV, and E-mail it to his office...
After sending a half-assed copy of a picture to my brother in NC, he was able to put it into a readable ".jpg" format in about 2 minutes, with a real computer.(my webtv can't do that)
I finally managed to send the pic of my D/L to ammoman, only after sending it twice to the wrong address...
I E-mailed Eric, asking if he needed any other info to get an account set up, and he replied by saying "NO, but hurry up, we're almost sold out... Order it online, it will go through no problem"

So I panicked and grabbed the first credit card I could find...

I ordered $378 worth of ammo, and charged it to a card that I cancelled months ago...

Now I'm thinking  O-SHIT !!!

I immediately E-mailed Eric with the question: "WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW ???"
He Replied in a few short minutes, and said to call him...
Well, this wasn't going to work 'cause I don't have long distance service on my phone...

So in the meantime, I placed a second order, this time using a good credit card, and also ordering 500 rounds of 9mm, to help make up for being such a pain in his ass...

I sent him another E-mail, telling him what I did, and he said " No problem, we already got everything straightened out.."
and he even said: "THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR BUSINESS"

This guy has DEFINATELY earned my business...
This was my first order with him, and I certainly didn't deserve such good treatment...

I will recommend this guy to everyone I can...

I can't say enough about how prompt and courteous this guy was...My hats off to him !!!

This guy deserves the business, lets send some his way...      

DragRacerArt...  
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never heard a bad thing about Eric, and he always seems to be a class act.  My next 1000rds of .223 will probably come from him.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered another case from him, free shipping and ships quickly!! A great guy!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably everyone here at AR15.com knows about Ammoman and how great he is.  I've only once ordered from him and had super service.  I kind of feel bad because of all my ammo, I've only ordered a small amount from him.  He definately has the best service and attitude around and dragracerart post confirms it.  

He is not the cheapest around and since I try to maximize my budget, I often buy from other places.   He is in this business to make a living so I can understand that his prices can't compete with huge outlets...

Hmm, what is my point of this post? lol.  Guess I'm just saying that yes, AMMOMAN IS THE BEST and I wish I purchased more of my ammo from him.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]
He's the man!  I try to do as much business with him as I can.  Really excellent service.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I never ordered from him, but EVERYBODY says he's excellent.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
His prices are cheaper than all of the retail outlets around here.  The only time I see cheaper prices is when I buy ammo at gun shows by the case.  However, great service goes a long way, even if he doesn't have the cheapest prices.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Like 7 said, he's not the cheapest around, only the best...
I was buying elsewhere for awhile, and got tired of getting cheap, junk ammo...

I will GLADLY pay a little extra, and will continue to buy from this guy in the future, simply based on the brief experience I had tonight with him...
The excellent service is more than worth the small added cost...

After all he's in business to make money...
If he treats all his customers this well, he will make LOTS of it...

DragRacerArt...
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Eric is awesome.
My last Q3131A came from him.
I should have 30 more cases in a week if anybody missed out but he can definitely beat my prices.Mine is $12 more.Get it from Eric while you can.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I have ordered quite a bit from Eric in the past.  His descriptions of the Odd lots are right on.  In fact, sometimes he's too critical of himself and most stuff arrives better than advertised.

I just discovered he now carries guns as well.  I just ordered some new toys and can't wait for them to arrive at my FFL.  I have complete faith that they will be perfect in every way.

Out of about 1/2 doz orders of misc stuff and lotsa ammo... VERY PLEASED.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
All this and no link??
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Eric is awesome.
My last Q3131A came from him.
I should have 30 more cases in a week if anybody missed out but he can definitely beat my prices.Mine is $12 more.Get it from Eric while you can.
View Quote

better hurry, he is almost out of the q3131a.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#16]
[url]http://www.ammoman.com/[/url]
Here he is
cpermd

Ed because I forgot how to make it hot
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#17]
FL boy
I will have it to sell on Wed
I will take it to the Tulsa show if not sold out by email then.
Get it from Eric if you can cause mine costs more.
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Just checked out the free printable targets on his page.  Very cool, and the price is right, I don't care what you guys say.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Ordered 500 rounds of 45 from him earlier today. Planning on 2K rounds of 5.56 later this week. The guy just rocks. Did anyone mention that he does Paypal too?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not allowed to order from Eric.  Which sucks, because I hate paying rip-off local prices for ammo to put back in storage. [:(]

Oh well.  Couple more months...
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Agreed.  I've always been pleased with him.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Eric is a damn fine guy. His prices are hard to beat, and when you consider his level of service and the fact that he includes shipping, it is easy to see why he is my first and only choice for bulk ammo purchases. There are other good people and good retailers out there, but from my experience, Eric is the best.

[url]www.ammoman.com[/url] for your ammo needs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Placed an order on his web site Sunday night and immediately got a email confirmation of the order. The next day a UPS tracking number is sitting in my email box letting me know that the ammo will be delivered on Tuesday afternoon.
[b]It couldn't possibly get any better than this.[/b]

Now I hope UPS doesn't screw it up!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#25]
I have dealt with the man, I have talked on the phone with the man, we went through bad time together (shipping mistake by UPS), Eric is a class act all the way. Numero Uno on my list.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#26]
As I have said before, I [b]NEVER[/b] pass on an opertunity to say something good about Eric "THE MAN" Ammoman!!  HE ROCKS!!!

P.S. Has anyone checked out the .223 on his site lately?  There must be a run on them!  This is the first time I have seen him sold out.

Nuckles.   [smash]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#27]
What? Someone else sells ammo?!?! [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone know anything about this?:
"Stay away from the 1999 lots of Winchester Q3131 (USA produced). I’ve found there was poor quality control and different lots have had problems (including popping primers). Some of the lots were known, but others have just been discovered (2 years after production). As a rule its just best to avoid the 1999 lots for maximum dependability."

Found at:
[url]http://www.alphacgsn.com/gunz/ar15sforserious.htm[/url]

Eric, are you out there?

Nuckles.   [smash]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Kind of old Nuckles.
Guess it doesn't hurt to post for the new folks.
btt
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#30]
my only gripe about ammo man is i cant take advantage of his deals

damn it i wish i was 21! oh well 1 more year
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I've ordered 2000 rounds of Wolf 7.62 and a bunch of 6.5x55 from Eric.  It usually takes UPS about a week to get the order to me in Utah but it's very predictable.  Order on Monday morning -- delivery on the next Monday afternoon.

1) His prices are good (plus free shipping)

2) His service is excellent

3) The email notifications (for shipping) are great.

Support the ammoman -- he ROCKS!

- CD
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#32]
3) The email notifications (for shipping) are great.
View Quote

I've ordered three times from him and received an order once.  I didn't receive an email shipping notification any of the three times.  I e-mailed Eric several times, and he told me to call Terry at the warehouse.  The warehouse is only open 28 hours per week and doesn't have a toll-free number (so I can't call from work, grrr).  Also, his prices are usually higher than other places.  Of course, I do like "the price you see is the price you pay" and no surcharge for credit cards.  It would be even better if he put the price per round beside the price to make it easier to compare.  Most of the ammo is sold only in larger lots.  It would be nice to see if something will work in your rifle before ordering 500 rounds.  I don't understand, at all, why a few people post such glowing things about ammoman.com.  Is there something I'm missing?  I'm not posting this as a flame or an attack on ammoman.com, because I'll probably order from them again.  I'm posting this, because I'm confused as to why you guys are so very excited about them.z
Top Top