Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:46:24 AM EDT
so heres the low down.  This summer i am living with my girlfriend at her apartment near her school.  its a triplex?(dont know if thats right) Nobody is living above us right now but when we moved in it was these shady wiggers who were doing drug deals (not speculation) at all hours of the night.  they are now gone and the people who are moving in are aquaintences of my gf which is a relief.  The only problem now is the lady downstairs.  She is a african american woman in her 20's-30's who has a kid but doesnt have custudy.  my GF has had to call the police (they never f-ing came btw)because of the woman doing drugs in a car in our common parking area.  She always plays rap very loud and there is a wierd long-haired dude that is always around.  she and the people who did live upstairs are from the old landlord.  our new landlord is a great guy who is only like 8 or 9 years older than me (im 21).  My GF has complained about the woman to the landlord and he has said he is planning on upping the rent and maybe she will leave but he is not kicking her out.  I start school in two weeks and dont like leaving my GF all by herself around such questionable people.  what should we do?
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Move out of the ghetto.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Only one thing a man can do in this situation.......
DRAW DOWN®
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Move out of the ghetto.

i know i get in arguments with my significant other all the time about this but the fact is that its only for a year while we finish school so its really not worth it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Move out of the ghetto.
+87

I like this bit: "I'm living with my girlfriend in her apartment..." followed by "when we moved in..." followed by a description of all the horseshit that was already going on. Get your own damn place, and have Ms. Thang move in with you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Move out of the ghetto.

i know i get in arguments with my significant other all the time about this but the fact is that its only for a year while we finish school so its really not worth it.
Then eat crackhead shit for another year. You're not going to rehab every druggie on the block in a year.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Scared of a black woman in her mid 20's?  Wow.

Calling police because she's doing "drugs" in her car?  Is her drug use in her personal vehicle affecting you and your health or something?
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Move.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Move out of the ghetto.

A lot of things can happen in a year, from your description of the place, most of them won't be good.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Move out of the ghetto.

FTW!
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Move out of the ghetto.

Well then, walk around the apt and look for security issues (windows and doors mostly) and lock it down as best you can. Living in bad neighborhoods (with bad neighbors) you are at risk for break-ins. Make sure your GF has acess to a gun and knows how to use it.

Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Scared of a black woman in her mid 20's?  Wow.

Calling police because she's doing "drugs" in her car?  Is her drug use in her personal vehicle affecting you and your health or something?

Ok pro-druggie guy.  Her using drugs on property that we both live on is my concern. I dont want my girlfriend to have to be around that kind of thing.   To anyone else that is confused i am moving out in two weeks that is why i am concerned. My girlfrend has to live there because thats where her college is.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#12]
what is a "neibors"
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Whacked out neibors? Do they have poor spelling habits along with their drug habits?

Just deal with it. Our first apartment manager dealt drugs to make ends meet. No big problem.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#14]
One of the following is true. Which one?

1) The crackheads have been there since the girlfriend moved in, and she has been able to deal with it, apparently, up until now.

2) The crackheads showed up the same time you did.

The fact is that your girlfriend moved into a shithole. There's nothing you can do to make it a non-shithole. Solution: extricate girlfriend from shithole. If moving out of said shithole is too much of a hassle for the girlfriend, she must remain in the shithole.

OK?

Now, you gonna post pics of the girlfriend, or what?
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Hate to say it but... give up.

Move out, take the GF with you, and leave the place to the low-lifes.

The situation is NEVER getting better.

All your efforts will come to naught.

At best, all you'll end up doing is catching the attention of your low-life neighbor... and her low-life friends.

They will make your life miserable.

The police will do nothing.

In the end, you'll wish you had just moved out, right off the bat.

Sucks?

Yeah.

That's life...
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#17]
If you live amongst ghetto trash, then you should expect this.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ok pro-druggie guy.  Her using drugs on property that we both live on is my concern. I dont want my girlfriend to have to be around that kind of thing.

So what did this woman do?

Take a hit off a joint in the parking lot?

Is your girlfriend 10,  or just not mentally stable enough to "be around that kind of thing"?
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#19]
You need a speak and spell for starters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top