Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:25:15 PM EDT
Ok, I sold 16 m1 carbine mags that I had that I did not feel like fooling with. They all had dents and dings and stuff, and they needed repair. I started the bids at .99 cents I believe, and when people bid up to $25, I made sure to warn all the bidders again that none of them could be used as-is.

The buyer did leave me positive feedback, but he just said "mags were all bent". It just agrovates me because I made sure that everyone knew that to begin with. He is the one who placed the bid, not me.

Here's the links to the auction. Does everyone agree that with 9 pics of the mags, and two warnings as of the condition of the mags, that I gave fair a fair description?

Auction Listing here
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump. Sorry guys, I had to fix the link. I will go put on my dunce cap now
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
the chair is against the wall

you have a longass username

ebay sucks
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

ebay sucks

Yeah, sorry about posting a dead link the 1st time.

Yes, Ebay is aggrovating, but it is the only place to find some of the stuff I collect, other than waiting ten years to stumble across it by blind luck.

As for my username, I have no idea what that has to do with anything
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ebay sucks

Yeah, sorry about posting a dead link the 1st time.

Yes, Ebay is aggrovating, but it is the only place to find some of the stuff I collect, other than waiting ten years to stumble across it by blind luck.

As for my username, I have no idea what that has to do with anything

username comment= me being a smartass

I quit doing anything with ebay after a series of incidents many years ago

It involved feedback and an asshole and me almost having a stroke and deciding there were better ways for me to spend my time and money
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I am staying in a hotel this week a few blocks from eBay headquarters. Do you want me to drive by the building and shout at them that they suck?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am staying in a hotel this week a few blocks from eBay headquarters. Do you want me to drive by the building and shout at them that they suck?

Find a big pile of old worn out triggers, and go sit them in front of thier main door. They will be afraid those old triggers will hop up and shoot them all by themselves.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
IIRC you can post a followup to the feedback explaining that it was clearly described in the auction.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a moot point now that eBay has banned the sale of firearms parts..

The rest of us second amendment EBay sellers are moving to Gunbroker and Auction Arms..

I suggest you do the same..

Selling on EBay is now the same as sleeping with the enemy..

Here's the July 30 announcement..

www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200707.shtml#2007-07-30094109

Hello everyone…In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.
As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team – along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. – have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
Vice President, Trust & Safety

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#9]

EBAY is still selling gun parts .  I just typed GARAND in the search box and it listed over 760 items .  Triggers , op rods , bolts , you name it .
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 EBAY is still selling gun parts .  I just typed GARAND in the search box and it listed over 760 items .  Triggers , op rods , bolts , you name it .

That won't last long.. I'll bet they are all gone by the 18th...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top