Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 10:10:07 AM EDT
I just got off the phone with the NRA.  The current official statement of the NRA is:

"Mr. Jackson is a board member elected by the membership and he is entitled to his opinion.  The NRA does not agree with or support his opinion.  As far as removing him from office, that is up to the board or the members who may vote him out when his current term expires in 2010."

It's obvious the NRA doesn't plan to do a damn thing about this.  

I called the secretary's office (Ed Lands) again to see if this was the official response after I got this statement from a receptionist.  Mr. Lands office said it was.  I told them I can respect Mr. Jackson's opinion but not when it flies in the face of what I am paying the NRA to support my rights.  Especially from a sitting board member.  The NRA may as well put Sara Brady on the Board of Directors because she obviously has similar opinions as Mr. Jackson.  I want Mr. Jackson removed from office now!  Members can't do it today but the board can.  The board needs to clean house and get rid of those that are counter productive.  If the board won't get rid of Mr. Jackson then the NRA members need to get rid of the board in 2010.  To bad this is an election year.  If the NRA won't take a stand against one of it's own, they won't stand for anything but political winds of change.  

Guess what NRA.  I can vote with my money and not renew my membership, and quit making contributions to NRA/ILA rather than wait 3 years to do something.

Don't know what the hell I'm talking about?  Jackson's Comments Scroll to bottom video

NRA Board Member Says Guns should not hold more than 5 rounds
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Please keep this in the ongoing thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top