Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2001 4:31:51 PM EDT
Help! For some reason my mouse on my computer isn't working. Sometimes it will work properly for a while and then it will freeze up and not do anything. I then re-booted the computer and it would work for a while. Now I get a mouse not installed message when I boot up. After using the tab key I finally get to the setting menu and go to the control panel. I then open up the mouse icon, tab to the last folder, and get some crazy looking message where the current mouse should be indicated. The message is usually 4-5 charactors long and doesn't make any damn sense (4@#3/4) or something like that. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on? Do I have a hardware problem or a software problem? I don't have an extra mouse to check it out with and I can't even get it to go to the change button on the last folder. If you can help please e-mail me 'cause I'm having difficulty in reading the forum.

Thanks in advance,
Karl
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Reinstall your mouse driver software.  If you have none, dl drivers for your mouse from the net.  If that doesn't work, it's time for a new mouse.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
What OS are you running?  Your best bet would be to get into the device manager in the control panel and delete the current mouse device.  Then reboot and see what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top