Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2001 6:04:31 AM EDT
Anyone see him since the 11th?  Alls I hear of him is that he is being shuttled to "Safe Places", I am starting to think that the only safe place heis in is the mourge.

Ideas?  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
"He has been moved to a secure location"

Mas, Quien sabe?
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought the same thing after the 11th.  Not to be mean spirited but I thought those paddles in his chest were probably going off like a strobe light.  Then I saw him the following Sunday morning on Meet the Press.  He was clearly alive and not stroked out.  His message and method of delivery made two things very clear to me.  First, he was in charge of the country in the hours following the attack (example-he stated that he told the SS he was not leaving the area below the White House beacuse it was the only center for center for secure communications).  second, he did not want to appear to be running the country, and wanted everyone to rally around W, not him.

I believe there is a distinct division of labor right now.  Cheney is running things and doing what needs to be done "hands on" while W is dealing with the press, politicians, pulic, foriegn leaders, etc..
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
GLOCKShooter,

I think that's a pretty good assessment of what is going on.

Ronald Reagan said that the secret of a being a great leader was to surround yourself with good people, delegate, then stand back and let them work. GW has been reading right out of The Gipper's playbook, and it seems to be working.

I am beyond impressed at the performance of those "old re-treads" resurrected from previous Administrations. There is a lot of experience and wisdom underneath all that grey hair.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw him on tv a few days ago again.  They mentioned that this was rare to see him in public these days.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top