Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 2:31:26 PM EDT
Will we react to mall bombings and resturant bombings with martial law?

Theres a story on TheDrudgeReport right now.

What will Americans want if bombings become an almost everyday occurance?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Theres a story on TheDrudgeReport right now.

What will Americans want if bombings become an almost everyday accurance?

most of america will call for a complete repeal of the U.S. Constitution, complete with cameras in everyone's home.

eta:  probably a ban on restaraunts and mall's to boot.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Bomb sniffing dogs roaming the streets.

Afterwards I would want to do the same thing the Israelis do:  identify the bomber and then take a bulldozer to his families house and run it over
That's for starters...
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The libtards will try to negotiate for peace.  Say that America needs to consider the bombers' needs and feelings.  Basically, a pussified response.  The days of good ole American ass-kicking is in the past.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an interesting question. I would speculate that people in 1950 would never have believed that the citizens of the U.S.A. would accept gang warfare in the streets of our cities, carjackings, home invasions, the amount of rapes that occur annually, outright invasion via our southern border, etc. Yet somehow, it has become so commonplace that it's just part of the fabric of society.

I find it impossible to speculate how the nation will react. The Southern Poverty Law Center and the ACLU will applaud and say we deserve it. Trent Lott will blame talk radio. Nancy Pelosi will blame global warming. Ted Kennedy will be too drunk to notice. George George Bush will go hold hands with some more Saudis and call everyone xenophobes. A few more border patrol agents will be locked up just for general purposes.

Besides the above? Who knows?

Interesting times we live in.

*EDIT for grammar.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The libtards will try to negotiate for peace.  Say that America needs to consider the bombers' needs and feelings.  Basically, a pussified response.  The days of good ole American ass-kicking is in the past.

I disagree with this post...

Though it will be tuff to hunt these bastages down now...

The will of the American people will change and things will change quickly...
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#6]
they will want safety over freedom hands down, the majority that believe our great republic is a democracy will want to feel safe at any price. anyone that tries to stand up and stop the people associated with a terrorist bombing will be called a racist/bigot. president coyote will hold a press confrence and say that people  trying to protect their loved ones and neighborhoods don't want what is best for the country, because the government needs to protect its citizens like after katrina we will be assured walmart is open and that paris hilton is ok, and life goes on just some random thoughts, oh yeah the left will blame America.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I was just thinking about this

You can bet that the same group that the tsa targets will be targeted by our LEOs

White males........they we are responsible for most of the misery in the world today
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can bet that the same group that the tsa targets will be targeted by our LEOs

White Christian males........they we are responsible for most of the misery in the world today

Fixed it for you.

I'm sure if I wear a pentagram and some buddhist beads I'll have no problem getting thru the checkpoint at Walmart.

On another note: If the enemy starts blowing up children I am sure there are elements within this country that will deal with the problem the way it ought to be delt with.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
There's no way this can happen.  We've been told by posters on this board that it won't happen...and I for one won't waiver in my trust of these board experts.  

I won't know what to think if it does happen, though....my faith will be shattered.

From ABCNews.com:

HH
=======================

Exclusive: Suicide Bomb Teams Sent to U.S., Europe

June 18, 2007 4:45 PM

Brian Ross Reports:

Large teams of newly trained suicide bombers are being sent to the United States and Europe, according to evidence contained on a new videotape obtained by the Blotter on ABCNews.com.

Teams assigned to carry out attacks in the United States, Canada, Great Britain and Germany were introduced at an al Qaeda/Taliban training camp graduation ceremony held June 9.  

A Pakistani journalist was invited to attend and take pictures as some 300 recruits, including boys as young as 12, were supposedly sent off on their suicide missions.
Photos: Inside an al Qaeda/Taliban 'Graduation'

The tape shows Taliban military commander Mansoor Dadullah, whose brother was killed by the U.S. last month, introducing and congratulating each team as they stood.
"These Americans, Canadians, British and Germans come here to Afghanistan from faraway places," Dadullah says on the tape. "Why shouldn't we go after them?"
The leader of the team assigned to attack Great Britain spoke in English.

"So let me say something about why we are going, along with my team, for a suicide attack in Britain," he said. "Whether my colleagues, companions and Muslim brothers die today or tonight, every drop of our blood will invigorate the Muslim (unintelligible)."
Video: Watch the Taliban's 'Graduation' Ceremony
U.S. intelligence officials described the event as another example of "an aggressive and sophisticated propaganda campaign."

Others take it very seriously.

"It doesn't take too many who are willing to actually do it and be able to slip through the net and get into the United States or England and cause a lot of damage," said ABC News consultant Richard Clarke, the former White House counterterrorism official.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

White males........they we are responsible for most of the misery in the world today

Don't forget about the 80 year-old blue hairs, either.  

HH
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There's no way this can happen.  We've been told by posters on this board that it won't happen...and I for one won't waiver in my trust of these board experts.  

Dream on, the "experts" we have here talking about how
great illegals are and how ineffective a fence will be are
either delusional, retarded or just too stupid to understand
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget about the 80 year-old blue hairs, either.  

HH

I hear that they are REALLY worried about the women with big boobs
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a good thing our borders are secure, to prevent anymore from entering.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Muzzies killed one dude in Holland and a mob went nuts and burned down a Mosque (or was it just a Muslim school?)

I imagine there's enough good ol' boys to put a world of hurt into the Muslim population here once things hit close to home.

I would never, ever advocate attacking "innocent" Muzzies, but if the goddamn DUTCH went apeshit over one guy, imagine what some 'mericans would do if their local mall was hit.

- BG
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Muzzies killed one dude in Holland and a mob went nuts and burned down a Mosque (or was it just a Muslim school?)

I imagine there's enough good ol' boys to put a world of hurt into the Muslim population here once things hit close to home.

I would never, ever advocate attacking "innocent" Muzzies, but if the goddamn DUTCH went apeshit over one guy, imagine what some 'mericans would do if their local mall was hit.

- BG

Probably go beat on some poor sikh or hindu, just like after 9/11.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure we caught most of the terrorists that entered our
southern border some were even prosecuted, one of them was even
a prior resident of Guantanamo, good thing we have secure borders
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not understand how the president that created the Department of Homeland Security can be so cavalier in regards to border security.
It would seem that controlling immigration tightly - both legal and illegal would be the surest way to secure the homeland.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Nuking regions of Pakistan would be a good start.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not understand how the president that created the Department of Homeland Security can be so cavalier in regards to border security.
It would seem that controlling immigration tightly - both legal and illegal would be the surest way to secure the homeland.

You and 100 million other people in the U.S.  His greatest failure and he's about to enhance the failure.

HH
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't care as much about stopping the terrorists
as they do about insuring the crossing of illegal drugs
(terrorists have been caught crossing our southern border)
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You and 100 million other people in the U.S.  His greatest failure and he's about to enhance the failure.

HH

It is the ONLY problem I have with him
UNFORTUNATELY it is a HUGE problem
(as in "future of our country" huge)
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#23]
it's all smoke and mirrors for something bigger coming our way, the north american union
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#24]
If it was an every day occurence and it lasted a while then there probably would be martial law. However, sustained every day terrorist bombings hasn't happened anywhere in the world so it probably won't happen here either.

If terrorist bombings happen occasionally Americans would eventually become desensitized to it. We would just tighten up security.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
However, sustained every day terrorist bombings hasn't happened anywhere in the world so it probably won't happen here either.

Wrong.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Great, just what we need.  That's a tough one to prepare for short of never leaving home  Increased vigilince I guess.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#27]
If they are announcing it now the infiltration happened a while ago.

I am tired of the white noise from these people.

Set the stage President Bush... "try it, and if we trace the country of origin, it is instant sunshine."
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#28]
if that happens here you can kiss your black powder and reloading powders goodbye.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top