Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Originally Posted By JPN:
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
Originally Posted By LittlePony:
ALREADY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCfS1g_-NJ4
I just watched the promo video.
She [sexually assaults] a nerd-boy.
Why the outrage? Is it a jealousy thing because those worthless NEETs will never get jumped by an aggressive girl?

They are probably just looking for things to be outraged about.

Imagine getting paid to do that.

Probably good work (hours, pay compared to effort put in, possibly work from home), if you can find it (and have no ethical restraints on doing something like that).
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Wcostream. Com

Lots and lots of titles. Binge watched Tanya the Evil and Birdy the Mighty yesterday. Finished DearS and was surprised that it didn't turn into a hentai like I thought. Now I'm starting No-Rin and Assassination Classroom.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:11:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#5]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:14:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RX-78-2] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
Surprise, surprise. The last Eva movie is delayed.
View Quote

My understanding is more about not being able to show it in theatres as Japan is in full lockdown now, than having production problems - movie is already finished.

But yeah, I wasn't going to believe THIS was finally the time
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:15:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#7]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By xviperx420:
Wcostream. Com

Lots and lots of titles. Binge watched Tanya the Evil and Birdy the Mighty yesterday. Finished DearS and was surprised that it didn't turn into a hentai like I thought. Now I'm starting No-Rin and Assassination Classroom.
View Quote

Thank you, was looking for more streaming sources as I'm ready to ditch Crunchyroll/Sony woke agenda once and for all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#9]
The eel restaurant is across the street from Hamanako-Sakume station.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64025/eelshop_jpg-1792519.JPG

ETA: Grandma's house is actually a vacant lot.  I found it by locating the house next door, with the balcony and dormers on the roof (first time I've been able to nail down the location of a private home, in this anime).

Inexpensive campground: 34.697553, 137.607531

Train station and eel restaurant: 34.789431, 137.599501

House: 34.785166, 137.588864
View Quote

I wonder if there's a list of every location from the anime? Or it was posted and I missed it
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:24:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#10]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Demon Slayer is up on Netflix.

HIGHLY recommended.
View Quote

Yep. Best series of that year for sure. Ufotable aka Unlimited Budget Works never disappoints.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:30:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RX-78-2] [#12]

The web novel was removed due to it being licensed for print.

As to the claim that the author is an ultranationalist, well I'm not entirely convinced. EVERYONE in Japan who voices any opinion that could even be considered "right wing" is called that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RCaerbannog240:

Well, that's a bummer. Earlier on I read the author was prior mil, didn't know about him being "Uyoku Dantai". I figured the anime was a recruiting tool for the Japanese Army as their armed forces have been having a hard time getting volunteers.

Given how lefty Japan is, I kinda wonder if the author was "mislabeled" over expressing views that went against the norm and he got canceled. Much like his original GATE novel that has been scrubbed from the internet.

As to the claim that the author is an ultranationalist, well I'm not entirely convinced. EVERYONE in Japan who voices any opinion that could even be considered "right wing" is called that.

I think overall the Japanese people aren't very much into politics to begin with, so anything a tad too right and you're probably going to be called an extremist.

ETA: Are you back stateside? Noticed your new location.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#13]
No-Rin. Holy shit. “ITS FUNBAGS MCGEE!!! "
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Demon Slayer is up on Netflix.

HIGHLY recommended.
View Quote

I watched as it aired .... might be time for a re-watch

Has anyone found the movie online anywhere??
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:49:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#15]
Originally Posted By RX-78-2:

I wonder if there's a list of every location from the anime? Or it was posted and I missed it
View All Quotes
The eel restaurant is across the street from Hamanako-Sakume station.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64025/eelshop_jpg-1792519.JPG

ETA: Grandma's house is actually a vacant lot.  I found it by locating the house next door, with the balcony and dormers on the roof (first time I've been able to nail down the location of a private home, in this anime).

Inexpensive campground: 34.697553, 137.607531

Train station and eel restaurant: 34.789431, 137.599501

House: 34.785166, 137.588864

Some locations have been talked about, during past discussions of season one, but I don't recall seeing a complete list.

The train stations are pretty easy to find with google maps.  I haven't gone through checking them, but the shrines should also be easy to find.

The campgrounds vary in difficulty, with some being fairly easy to find, others a little more difficult due to the name being modified and the route to it being a bit vague in the manga and anime, and a few leaving the impression that the goal was to do everything possible to keep from giving you clues about the name and location, while still using a real place (the Christmas campground from season one falls into this category - it's actually owned by the YMCA and isn't exactly 'open to the public').

Restaurants, onsens, and various stores, seems to be where things get tricky.  I think a few were mentioned in past discussions in this thread, but names (if they are given in the manga or anime) tend to be changed, and the possibility of them having gone out of business since the source material was written, makes it difficult to determine whether or not they ever existed, if one cannot be located.

As I said earlier, Grandma's house is the first private home that I have been able to pin down a location on, and it turned out to be a vacant lot on google maps street view.  Only reason I found it, was the anime laid out enough bread crumbs to follow from the train station (follow the road west from the station, take the first left, then follow the lake shore until the landmarks match).  Before that, the best breadcrumb trail that has been laid out to a home, was Nadeshiko's, but it just leads you (if you follow it in reverse) from the train station to the bridge she crossed on her bicycle, to the town she lives in.  I had doubted that the homes were based on real life structures, due to the problem of a homeowner someday discovering that their house had become something of an otaku tourist spot, so it was a little surprising to see that the location of Grandma's house could be pinpointed, even if it's actually a vacant lot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:22:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RCaerbannog240] [#16]
Wcostream. Com

View Quote

Thanks, that really helps in finding some of the older anime titles.

View Quote

Is there any word if that original web novel will be ever be released for print in English? Been trying to find an English copy of the web or published novels, though I'm not having any luck. Honestly, at this point I just want to find out what happens at the end. Love anime and manga, but I feel like unless a series has been out for a while the audience is held in perpetual blue balls regarding story resolution.

As for the author being labeled as an ultranationalist, I kinda figured it might have something to do with post war Japanese culture and the doves hold on political power. Something akin to being an omnivore in a country of vegetarians.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Love anime and manga, but I feel like unless a series has been out for a while the audience is held in perpetual blue balls regarding story resolution.
View Quote

Are you familiar with Mysterious Girlfriend X (Nazo no Kanojo X)?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Seiran:

Arifureta is cool, but gotta say the pacing is odd and his "fuck everyone" schtick is annoying as Hell.
View All Quotes

Arifureta is cool, but gotta say the pacing is odd and his "fuck everyone" schtick is annoying as Hell.

I'm just going to copy and paste one of my previous post:

I see The Rising of the Shield Hero S2 will start later this year.

It wasn't that S1 was bad.  It's that it was just too frustrating for me to enjoy.  In large part due to the MC acting like a total pussy in the most inopportune times.

Click To View Spoiler
In a way it kinda reminds me of Game of Thrones S8.  Obviously they took a TOTALLY different road to get there, but the end result is the same.  A totally unsatisfying payoff that leaves me with ZERO desire to rewatch any of it.

And then in response to someone else's post:

It's unsatisfying, irritating shit like that which makes MC's like Hajime from Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest such a nice change of pace from the typical pussy MCs.  If you just tried to kill them or someone they care about there is no "well, I guess I'll let you off with just a warning this time, but you have to pinky promise you won't do it again."  Just a bullet to the brain whether they are armed or not.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:21:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#20]
Oh no I love the "I'll kill you if you fuck with me" aspect. I'm totally onboard with that. But the "fuck off" attitude towards everyone else is annoying.

Also Yue best girl. Toi a pretty kinky second.
View Quote

It didn't bother me at all.  Mostly because it made total sense.

Click To View Spoiler

Then again I'm always ecstatic when the MC for a major anime (especially harem) doesn't check at least one of the following boxes:

- Frequently allows others (almost always females) to abuse him for stuff that is often not even his fault.

- Cries and/or whines a lot.

- Is a pussy, in a serious anime, that lacks the conviction to kill his enemies who literally just tried to kill him or someone else even though anyone with even a trace amount of commonsense can see they won't change and will only try again.

As far as the girls go, I'll not make a "best girl' claim, but Shea definitely made me laugh the most.

Attachment Attached File

Edit: in order to appease the CoC I guess I better censor the funbags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#21]

The haters are probably a mix of people who have never read the manga, and people who read the first chapter or two and decided it was trash.

I think I posted a comment, last year after the anime was announced for this year, that I wondered if the anime was going to tone down just how evil she was in the beginning.  I had gone back to read the first 10 chapters or so, because it had been so long and I couldn't remember a lot of the details, and it shocked me a bit at how evil she was (I had forgotten it was that bad).  

If I had started reading it when there were only a couple chapters out, I might have ended up dropping it like the haters, but I didn't know it existed until I saw something about "people either love or hate this sadistic high school girl", and I think there were already at least ten chapters translated by whichever group was translating them.  As the story progresses, her character evolves quite a bit, though I don't know how far they will get in a single season of the anime.
View Quote

Just read the first volume (8 chapters + 2 bonuses) amd yeah obviously enough she’s not just purely evil or anything like that but I can see someone not liking it but I sure enjoyed it and am going to order more

I really wanna see how she progresses and treats him as the story goes on
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I get the attitude towards his classmates, but not anyone else who had nothing to do with it. And yeah, Shea is hilarious.
View All Quotes
Oh no I love the "I'll kill you if you fuck with me" aspect. I'm totally onboard with that. But the "fuck off" attitude towards everyone else is annoying.

Also Yue best girl. Toi a pretty kinky second.

It didn't bother me at all.  Mostly because it made total sense.

Click To View Spoiler

Then again I'm always ecstatic when the MC for a major anime (especially harem) doesn't check at least one of the following boxes:

- Frequently allows others (almost always females) to abuse him for stuff that is often not even his fault.

- Cries and/or whines a lot.

- Is a pussy, in a serious anime, that lacks the conviction to kill his enemies who literally just tried to kill him or someone else even though anyone with even a trace amount of commonsense can see they won't change and will only try again.

As far as the girls go, I'll not make a "best girl' claim, but Shea definitely made me laugh the most.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ca06d6afc410ba352dddc56bf2500fd0/tumblr_px0qehCefn1s307p6o2_400.gifv

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/7ECF75B5-E44F-4C0E-99BC-1581446D5EF6_jpe-1793192.JPG

Edit: in order to appease the CoC I guess I better censor the funbags.
I get the attitude towards his classmates, but not anyone else who had nothing to do with it. And yeah, Shea is hilarious.

Who was he an asshole to besides his classmates?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#24]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I just wish they could finish High-school of the Dead

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:21:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#26]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:22:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#27]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By oscardeuce:

View Quote

authors dead 0 chance.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:24:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#29]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I am not. Though based on the wiki article, I'm guessing the reader never really gets to the end of story.

Maybe this is why I've been digging "The Promised Neverland". There is a lot to explore in that world, but the author still manages to wrap everything up and give the reader an ending.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#31]

I am not. Though based on the wiki article, I'm guessing the reader never really gets to the end of story.

Maybe this is why I've been digging "The Promised Neverland". There is a lot to explore in that world, but the author still manages to wrap everything up and give the reader an ending.
View Quote

I guess it’s good to hear us Girlfriend X anime watches didn’t miss anything lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:01:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RCaerbannog240] [#32]

View Quote

I've heard good things about it, but it not having an ending is kinda off putting. I feel your pain though.

The official position of the original publisher was "no release outside of Japan".

A fan translation group has been slowly translating the published web novels online in English, but copies of the last few novels are extremely difficult to find in Japan (trust me, I tried). Their efforts have halted in the middle of the civil war arc.
They can be found in .pdf form with some searching. Skythewood.

The manga is mixing elements from both the web & light novels.

I have posted spoilers to what happens during the end in this thread before.
View Quote

Well darn. Thank you for the info. It's been killing me to figure out how everything ended. I'll do a search in this thread for the ending. Thanks!

Couple years earlier I saw a small excerpt of the original web novel here and that's what piqued my interest. Shame the publisher decided against distributing out of Japan.

Worst manga ending ever.
View Quote

Ah shit.

@JPN I'm guessing the ending was a pretty bad letdown?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Wcostream. Com

View Quote

I never skipped the ED from Birdy the Mighty.

Nirgilis Kiseki
Birdy Decode Opening 2-Kiseki by Nirgilis
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#34]
FYI HBOmax has a decent array of anime titles.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:
I guess it’s good to hear us Girlfriend X anime watches didn’t miss anything lol
View Quote

Never seen the anime either, but 8+ years of waiting for a manga story to reach an unsatisfying end would be no fun.

I guess anime having to wrap up story lines might be a saving grace.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Never seen the anime either, but 8+ years of waiting for a manga story to reach an unsatisfying end would be no fun.

I guess anime having to wrap up story lines might be a saving grace.
View Quote

Yeah it’s been a while but IIRC the anime sort of just ends without a conclusion lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah it’s been a while but IIRC the anime sort of just ends without a conclusion lol
View Quote

That would suck. My sympathies to anyone who has or is experiencing a case of story line blue balls.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:

authors dead 0 chance.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:

authors dead 0 chance.

I wouldn't go that far.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#39]

That would suck. My sympathies to anyone who has or is experiencing a case of story line blue balls.
View All Quotes

In some cases it can be a blessing though.  Sometimes an ending is so horrible you'd rather the show had just ended a season or two early.

Game of Thrones is the most notable example.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Ah shit.

View All Quotes

Worst manga ending ever.

Ah shit.

The anime ran for 12 episodes, and didn't wander far from the manga storyline, if my memory isn't off.  Then there was an OVA episode that didn't have anything to do with the manga storyline, but had elements from another series the author wrote (sort of a crossover).

The manga continued on with the story for something like 12 volumes, then the author chose to end the storyline by essentially saying 'and life goes on' (didn't wrap up one damn thing).
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

@RX-78-2

Locations (with Google Maps coordinates) from season 2

Episode 1

Koan campground and lodge: 35.473598, 138.573590

Episode 2

Omaezaki Lighthouse: 34.595912, 138.225854

Mitsuke Tenjin Shrine: 34.729603, 137.864117

Ryuyukaiyo Koen campground: 34.652328, 137.807070

Kaketsuka Lighthouse: 34.647864, 137.802809

Utsubuna station: 35.281536, 138.464773

Fukude beach: 34.662558, 137.879648

Mt Minobu: 35.396540, 138.417378

Episode 3

Nagisaen campground: 34.697553, 137.607531

Beach by Hamana bridge: 34.677085, 137.600354

Bentenjima seaside park (sunset Tori view): 34.688664, 137.602894

Hamanako-Sakume station and eel restaurant: 34.789431, 137.599501

Grandma's 'house': 34.785166, 137.588864

I have already located a few places that haven't shown up yet, based on the information from the manga.  I'll list those after they show up in the anime.  I might go back and do a season 1 list, if I have some time to kill.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:13:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#42]
Locations (with Google Maps coordinates) from season 1

Episode 1

Koan campground and lodge: 35.473598, 138.573590

Utsubuna station: 35.281536, 138.464773

School: 35.448218, 138.481748

Episode 2

Fumotoppara campground: 35.400596, 138.561418

Episode 3

Selva market and the liquor store: 35.432935, 138.441511

Episode 4

Yamanashi station: 35.685240, 138.683010

Fuefukigama fruit park: 35.702269, 138.664773

Kurobokkuru Hutte (mountain cafe): 36.104015, 138.187826

Hottarakashi onsen: 35.706603, 138.651918

Episode 5

Takabotchiyama Plateu: 36.131716, 138.034819

Pine Wood campground: 35.711311, 138.659511

Episode 6

Shibire Lake campground: 35.529472, 138.515255

I'll add some more, later.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:23:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#45]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks @JPN for those locations, I’m gonna check them all out
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Worst manga ending ever.
View All Quotes

Worst manga ending ever.

How bad?  Like Game of Thrones bad?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Worst manga ending ever.

I don't think anything in entertainment can be that bad. I remember the guys here back then talking about it. The manga kind of just ended. Not even a Sopranos black screen. Like a normal end of volume end.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#49]
I hate it when you get recommend or see people talking about an anime you're interested in, you look forward to watching it, and then you discover it's a brand new show with like 2 or 3 episodes out and you'd have to wait a week for each new episode.

Binge watching really has spoiled us.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I hate it when you get recommend or see people talking about an anime you're interested in, you look forward to watching it, and then you discover it's a brand new show with like 2 or 3 episodes out and you'd have to wait a week for each new episode.

Binge watching really has spoiled us.
View Quote

Eh, it kinda gives me an hour or so of something to look forward to on a friday or saturday night of this groundhog day existence we have going on right now.
Page / 743
Who watches Anime? (Page 338 of 743)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top