Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2001 11:01:05 AM EDT
Well I had an interesting day. I come home to change, and suddenly the cats come flying by my door. I then here all this yelling and screaming from some women.
So I think "hehe, this will be interesting." Thought it was just some little argument. I look out the peep hole of my door(I live in an apartment complex), and see this one hispanic lady holding onto the shirt of another hispanic lady. I look in her and and there is a 8" or more knife!
She's screaming at some guy out side of the apartment complex's door, who I saw leave quickly  with a kid in his arms. The other lady is screaming "What do you think you're doing!?!" to the knife lady, and pulling her back with all of her might.
I'm like "Holy Sh!t", so I run and grab my AR(was loaded with full 30rd clip, but the bolt was open and there was no round in the chamber) and my cell phone. I didn't want to actually confront her, pretty much because I didn't want to lose my AR if I pointed it at her(ie the cops take it for evidence). Plus, the guy was out of her reach, and the other lady was holder her back and trying to calm her down.
So I dialed 911, and kept an eye out in case anything serious should happen. Finally the cops come. By this time she had put the knife down and gone back into her appartment. So they go in(there was 3 of them). Another cop comes to just to check up I guess.
I learn that she has 3 or so kids with this guy, this isn't even her place, and the last time he showed up, he slammed her against the wall. But he didn't do anything this time, the cops said, and he had a kid in his arms. That was definitely and no-no.
I had to go leave for class by then, so I didn't see if they took her in or not(they probably did). But when I get out there is a total of 5 cops, and 5 cop cars out there. What a sight! And what a day!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a healthy environment for those kids to grow up in.  Geez.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
We had a home invasion across the way from me a couple of years ago (family owned an ethnic restaurant {no I won't say what country} and a couple of employees thought they were rich). I spent the evening with a cell phone, binoculars and a 12ga. Saw one of the invaders run through a plate glass window, a cop fire a warning shot at another of them. It was weird, felt more like TV or a movie than real life.

BTW, all three invaders got caught, got low bail from a leftist judge, and promptly skipped out of the country. What a surprise.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]

I'm like "Holy Sh!t", so I run and grab my AR(was loaded with full 30rd clip, but the bolt was open and there was no round in the chamber) and my cell phone. I didn't want to actually confront her, pretty much because I didn't want to lose my AR if I pointed it at her(ie the cops take it for evidence). Plus, the guy was out of her reach, and the other lady was holder her back and trying to calm her down.
View Quote

What are you thinking?  Grab your AR?  Just stay inside your door and call the cops!....Advice from our good old Imbrog|io.

He! He! He!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top