Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 8:34:56 PM EDT
know your enemy
[url]www.handguncontrol.com[/url]

[url]http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/issuebriefs/assault.asp[/url]

Assault weapons are not just "ugly guns." Semi-automatic hunting rifles are designed to be fired from the shoulder and depend on the accurate shooting of one bullet at a time. Semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the hip and are designed to maximize death and injury from a very rapid rate of fire.
View Quote

military people, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the military teach firing from the shoulder even with full auto,
no one actually fires from the hip except hollywood fools right? (unless you're "having fun" at the range)

, and although semiautomatic assault weapons are useless for recreational activities,
View Quote

so shooting cans and bottles of water isn't recreational?

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I'm gonna be sick!
[puke]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://sarahbradycenter.org[/url]

Know your friends, too [:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to use my punching bag for a while after reading that. I couldn't handle most of that site

Quoted:
I think I'm gonna be sick!
[puke]
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Sick isn't the word.

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#5]
So, exactly how does one "spray-fire" a semi-auto weapon?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Whenever this comes up they parade the Tec-9, MAC10/11 and UZI's as though thoese were assault rifles.  Bait and switch politics.  there own arguements eventually contradict each other after a while

I am sure I don't have to point out that they are actually SMG style weapons and fire pistol calibers.

Sick.  But not surprised anymore.

Zaz
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#7]
How's about puking your guts out.  They are beyond sick.  They are a disease.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait.....

so you mean the stock and those really cool sights are only there for decoration?????????

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:42:11 AM EDT
[#9]
You are correct that the military teaches firing from the shoulder, even when firing full auto.  I know my drills would have beat the crap out of you for even suggesting firing from the hip.

I thought about e-mailing them some helpful advise (such as ignorance on your subject matter is no way to impress your opponents) but what do you know?  No e-mail address.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:05:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
military people, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the military teach firing from the shoulder even with full auto,
no one actually fires from the hip except hollywood fools right? (unless you're "having fun" at the range)
View Quote

Full auto is for a couple things, mostly getting out of Dodge in a hurry when you need to keep the bad guys heads down.  And even then, you're usually working with controlled busts with coordinated fire and movement techniques.  There is no hip shooting and mowing down trees.  Guys in my unit mostly go semi for everything.  Far more controlled that way.  It's nice to see that HCI has such a good grasp on how the military (that defends their freedom) operates.

HCI is nothing more than a bunch of uneducated fools that think hollyweird movies = reality.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#11]
It's best to leave their [b]stupid[/b] comments alone so everyone can read them.  I need a good laugh in the morning.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Fight HCI... Join the NRA.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the hip and are designed to maximize death and injury from a very rapid rate of fire.
View Quote

And the problem with this is???

[heavy]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#14]
We may be laughing at them, but the sheeple and the fence chickens believe this BS.
"Its on the Internet it MUST be true!"
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#15]
As always it's "Hanoi Jane Fonda's" fault !!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like an ideal weapon for making terrorists stay still until the plane lands.  Which might explain why the entity formerly known as HCI just laid off 20% of their staff.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fight HCI... Join the NRA.
View Quote

Oh, yeah- sure, like the NRA is REALLY working overtime to ensure our right to keep and bear semi-automatic military style arms. Riiiiiight....

Do what I did- call up the NRA, and ask them what they are doing RIGHT NOW to ensure you can keep, buy, own, sell, use, etc. an AK or AR-15.

Answer: zilch. Nada. Nichts. Bupkis.

The lady on the other end at the NRA offices told me that our guns have been basically written off, because "there is no constituency for them".

Join the NRA? Riiiiight....
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Why can't Sarah just crawl out into the woods and let her affliction do its work? Die already, BITCH!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#20]
 [b]In 1994, a leading law enforcement executive characterized semi-automatic assault weapons as nothing more than "cop-killer guns." At the time, all assault weapons accounted for more than 17% of fatal shootings of police.[/b]

Hmm, 17% of fatal shootings involved "assault weapons", yet they are considered "cop-killer guns".  Is it just me or does that paragraph seem like a big contradiction in terms?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I dont know who I hate more....the Osama bin ladan's who attack us, or the Sarah Brady's that disarms us so that the bin ladan's [b]can[/b] attack us.  [pissed]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
 [b]In 1994, a leading law enforcement executive characterized semi-automatic assault weapons as nothing more than "cop-killer guns." At the time, all assault weapons accounted for more than 17% of fatal shootings of police.[/b]
View Quote

Uh, how are they defining "assault weapons"?

Per the data I've seen (i.e., the FBI Uniform Crime Report), semi-automatic rifles are used in about 1% of law enforcement fatalities. That is, 4 dead police officiers out of a total of some 420 (unsure on this number, but it is at least this high) killed during 1990, 91, and 92. A total of 20 were killed by rifle fire, 21 were killed by "friendly fire" from other police, and 38 were killed by their own gun.

I have not seen any actual data on weapons defined as "AWs" per federal law.

My guess is the large number (17%) was obtained by counting [b]all[/b] semi auto [b]pistols[/b] as "AWs". They have pulled this trick in the past.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#23]
[b]The upsurge in gun violence relating to gang and drug activity that began in the late ‘80's created an enormous demand for these weapons, which fire up to 6 bullets a second[/b]

6 bullets in a second from a semi auto in one second? i gotta find that gun.

[b]I thought about e-mailing them some helpful advise (such as ignorance on your subject matter is no way to impress your opponents) but what do you know? No e-mail address. [/b]

Oh they have an email address  just look under "contact us" on their main screen

or you can use this link
http://www.bradycampaign.org/about/contact/index.asp
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[b]The upsurge in gun violence relating to gang and drug activity that began in the late ‘80's created an enormous demand for these weapons, which fire up to 6 bullets a second[/b]

6 bullets in a second from a semi auto in one second? i gotta find that gun.
View Quote

must be one hell of a light trigger
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I always liked the one,
65,000,000 American gun owners did not murder anyone today.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm suprised she isn't calling for diarming the police considering this

a total of some 420 (unsure on this number, but it is at least this high) killed during 1990, 91, and 92. A total of 20 were killed by rifle fire, 21 were killed by "friendly fire" from other police, and 38 were killed by their own gun.
View Quote

Note that 14% of Police were either killed by Friendly Fire or their own guns. That breaks down to 5% by Friendly Fire and 9% by their own guns. And these are the people we should expect to protect us ??????? [rolleyes] Subsequently only 4.7% were killed by Rifle Fire. People that is less than killed by Friendly Fire or worse yet their own damned guns. That means if 23.7% were killed by other than Handgun fire, then guess what killed 76.3% of them ? It sure as hell wasn't an Assault Rifle.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#27]
received the following in an email from a member who has been having technical difficulties with posting

Sarah Brady says that these so called "assault weapons" are designed to be
"spray fired from the hip."  Now all of these firearms are designed with
sights on them, right?  Tell me, when you look at your hip do you an eyeball
staring up at you like some freak of nature or do you just see flesh and skin
like most of the world's population?  Now, if these firearms are designed
with sights as an intricate part and sights are designed to be used by
nothing other than the human eye, how can anyone with an IQ greater than 3
possibly believe that these firearms were designed to be fired from the hip
like Sarah Brady claims.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#28]
The cowards don't have an email up!
I gess they feel safe now ha ha ha ha[}:D]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#29]
AH Yes the politically correct.  I listened to this friggin freak asshole from California talk about all of us bad people with the
"SEMI-AUTOMATIC MACHINEGUNS".  I cannot tolerate stupid people when it comes to this.[puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top