Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2007 5:15:04 AM EDT
Just a little statement taken out MSN's headline , just nice to see someone is spreading the truth about the bill.  

"HR 1022, which stands almost no chance of passage, is a fund-raising bill, a marketing tool, designed to exploit a wedge issue for the benefit of politicians who need to raise money for the next election. It's designed to get Congress off the hook for debating laws that would show national leadership and make a real difference in restricting violent peoples' access to guns.

The law we need doesn't address a narrow class of guns, and it relies on the principles of a law we already have: the Brady Law. Brady mandates a federal background check before the sale of a gun by any seller who holds a federal firearms license"

http://www.slate.com/id/2164373/

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
That makes me feel a lil betterhinking.gif
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That makes me feel a lil better
ME TO
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm...
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Fund raising for both parties.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
No one really believes that passing a law will eliminate the type of insane murders committed at VA Tech.

If so, we could simply pass a law against killing people to stop it. Oh, yeah, we already have lots of those.

I say it's a horrible shame that gun ownership isn't mandated. One armed hero would have saved lots of lives.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah....I read that article too. I hope that it turns out to be true that the dems are not going to risk another irrational AWB just to please some fringe wackjob interest group that likes to make itself feel all warm and fuzzy  knowing that AWs can't get into the hands of law abiding citizens, most of which just put them in safes and dont even shoot them very often. (When in reality all the 94 AWB did was make new production AWs look stupid and prebans go up in price slightly.)

This should teach us all that sooner or later we have got to get together and start demanding better. The two party system is broken, both parties suck royally. We need a ralph nader thirdparty candidate, someone with real integrity who only cares about getting the job done, no agenda, no pandering, no ego, no corruption, just a guy who cares about his country and making things fair and good for all americans especially your average joe. I don't think ralph nader is very good on guns, i read on "on the issues" that he thought some guns should be banned or something. I agree with ralph on almost everything else, though!!!! But the beauty is that there are thousands of great leaders like ralph among us in that they have character and integrity and could do a 100,000% better job than the current two parties, we just have to finally wake up as a country and start demanding that they run and demanding the best, what we deserve. Stop voting for the lesser of two evilS!!!

Correct me if im wrong but didnt bush say he would sign an AWB into law if it reached his desk. He knew it never would reach his desk, but WTF does he go and say something like that for? It's just another of thousands of reasons why I hate bush. I hope you guys all realize that the republican party of today may talk tough and may put out soundbytes about personal responsibility, low taxes and other stuff that sounds good, but trust me they're all just whores like the dems with wierd selfish ideologies and corporate agendas. What little the republicans may give you in terms of needed lower taxes they will take away from you in terms of worker's rights, product liability safeguards, and clean air that doesnt cause your kids' asthma and global warming. What the dems may give you in terms of cleaner air they'll take away from you in terms of your freedoms and right to own a gun, not to mention your sense of dignity living in a country where infants are not killed in "partial birth" abortions.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]
One of the best quotes I heard recently was on glen beck's radio program, it was Ted Nugent.

He said something like "I didn't have to get a permit to choose which church I went to on sunday...I didnt have to get a permit to talk with you on the radio this morning, glen,,,and yet I have to get a permit to exercise my god given 2nd amendment right to defend myself and carry a firearm...."

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty much all the articles about gun control that I've read over teh past few days have shown numbers in our favor and a lot of dems not willing to press the issue.  In fact, a lot of dems that won seats in congress last November are pro-gun.  I've been following all the articles very carefully and the only idiots that have been pushing their crap are the usual ultra-left wing nutjobs: Fienstein, McCarthy, and a few dumbass editors writing opinion columns.  

By no means should we let our guard down, but we shouldn't be giving ourselves ulcers over legislation that will almost definately not pass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
jim webb seems like a good guy to me, at least from what i know of him. He was elected as pro gun Dem in VA.

It just about made me puke the way George Allen insulted the intelligence of all virginians by attempting to turn the fact that webb wrote some naughty sex scenes in his books into some kind of aspersion upon webb. Jim webb wrote very vividly and candidly about things he had personally witnessed during his time in the service because he recognizes and embraces reality in a thoughtful manner and doesnt pretend it doesnt exist like some pathetic catholic school nun or something. Pathetic catholic school nun whore = George allen. Glad he didn't get elected.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's the link to the Carolyn McCarthy site.  This gal is bound and determined to take guns away.  She authored the new AWB HB1022 that everyone is comfortable can't/won't pass.  She's not done yet guys stay tuned!!

carolynmccarthy.house.gov/?sectionid=18&parentid=1§iontree=18&itemid=80
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#12]

HR 2275, the People’s Right to Know Act, this bill would require firearms dealers to comply with the Freedom of Information Act by providing information about firearms purchases.

WTF?

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I found something a little interesting about our dear McCarthy. If you google or whikapedia Caralyn McCarthy you will find out that she has a total hard on for banning guns because her husband was killed and her sun wounded by a mad man with a gun on a train.

I suppose we should make a law that makes it manditory to keep our hands in our pockets while out in prublic. That way it will prevent anyone from being strangled or beatin to death.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
She authored the new AWB HB1022 that everyone is comfortable can't/won't pass.  

She is the chief sponsor but I seriously question as to whether or not she "authored" it.  After all, she has no clue what a "barrel shroud" is and it is in "her" bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top