BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:54:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, damn good. Some excellent facts too!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I was in tears by time I got done with it.  Well done Ted!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#3]
at the top of the article a link to - " Let's lay down our right to bear arms "

WTF

Nugent article is more than I would expect to find on CNN -
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent article.

Sometimes Ted can be over the top, but that was well done.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Read the "opposing view" article linked near the top of the Nugent one...IF YOU WANT YOUR HEAD TO EXPLODE!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Go Nuge!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#7]
That's one of the best letters I've ever read.  Great job, Ted!

HH
-------------------------------------

Nugent: Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster

POSTED: 11:25 a.m. EDT, April 20, 2007

By Ted Nugent

Special to CNN

Editor's note: Rock guitarist Ted Nugent has sold more than 30 million albums. He's also a gun rights activist and serves on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association. His program, "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild," can be seen on the Outdoor Channel.

Read an opposing take on gun control from journalist Tom Plate: Let's lay down our right to bear arms

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what the evil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in illegal possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun law. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Not bad

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#9]
What I've noticed about Ted in the last 15 years...

- A little more religion
- A little less wango tango
- A lot easier to digest

I for one am am glad he's ours.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who...

That's good. Real Good.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Attaboy Ted!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#12]

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Go Nuge!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Read the "opposing view" article linked near the top of the Nugent one...IF YOU WANT YOUR HEAD TO EXPLODE!  

+1 (-1?  What do you say about the "get rid of the 2nd Amendment" lunacy?  It made my head want to implode.  The lack of logical argument in that drivel made my brain want to run away screaming to get away from the crap that was coming in through my eyes.)
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone have the direct link to Ted's message board?

Thanks,

HH
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Catsclaw is going to love this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1 I knew I shouldn't have read that, but I did anyway.  

Gee...wonder what would happen if you had a gun and someone tried to mug you???
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I would say  that he was dead on with being over the top. Needs to be more articles like this.      Good article.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Right on Ted.

Of course, the liberals and their media "helpers" will paint him as some wacko, hunting/meat eating/gun freak (Aren't they they same people always preaching "Diversity"?).

Like the thread about Fred Thompson's comments, way too much common sense.  Example 356343 of how Political Correctness, and its liberal sponsors, is/has destroyed this country.

Right on Ted.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#19]
   WOW!

Here is the rebuttal.  Fucking sad if you ask me.

By Tom Plate
Special to CNN

Adjust font size:
Editor's note: Tom Plate, former editor of the editorial pages of the Los Angeles Times, is a professor of communication and policy studies at UCLA. He is author of a new book, "Confessions of an American Media Man."

Read an opposing take on gun control from Ted Nugent: Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster

LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- Most days, it is not at all hard to feel proud to be an American. But on days such as this, it is very difficult.

The pain that the parents of the slain students feel hits deep into everyone's hearts. At the University of California, Los Angeles, students are talking about little else. It is not that they feel especially vulnerable because they are students at a major university, as is Virginia Tech, but because they are (to be blunt) citizens of High Noon America.

"High Noon" is a famous film. The 1952 Western told the story of a town marshal (played by the superstar actor Gary Cooper) who is forced to eliminate a gang of killers by himself. They are eventually gunned down.

The use of guns is often the American technique of choice for all kinds of conflict resolution. Our famous Constitution, about which many of us are generally so proud, enshrines -- along with the right to freedom of speech, press, religion and assembly -- the right to own guns. That's an apples and oranges list if there ever was one.

Not all of us are so proud and triumphant about the gun-guarantee clause. The right to free speech, press, religion and assembly and so on seem to be working well, but the gun part, not so much.

Let me explain. Some misguided people will focus on the fact that the 23-year-old student who killed his classmates and others at Virginia Tech was ethnically Korean. This is one of those observations that's 99.99 percent irrelevant. What are we to make of the fact that he is Korean? Ban Ki-moon is also Korean! Our brilliant new United Nations secretary general has not only never fired a gun, it looks like he may have just put together a peace formula for civil war-wracked Sudan -- a formula that escaped his predecessor.

So let's just disregard all the hoopla about the race of the student responsible for the slayings. These students were not killed by a Korean, they were killed by a 9 mm handgun and a .22-caliber handgun.

In the nineties, the Los Angeles Times courageously endorsed an all-but-complete ban on privately owned guns, in an effort to greatly reduce their availability. By the time the series of editorials had concluded, the newspaper had received more angry letters and fiery faxes from the well-armed U.S. gun lobby than on any other issue during my privileged six-year tenure as the newspaper's editorial page editor.

But the paper, by the way, also received more supportive letters than on any other issue about which it editorialized during that era. The common sense of ordinary citizens told them that whatever Americans were and are good for, carrying around guns like costume jewelry was not on our Mature List of Notable Cultural Accomplishments.

"Guns don't kill people," goes the gun lobby's absurd mantra. Far fewer guns in America would logically result in far fewer deaths from people pulling the trigger. The probability of the Virginia Tech gun massacre happening would have been greatly reduced if guns weren't so easily available to ordinary citizens.

Foreigners sometimes believe that celebrities in America are more often the targets of gun violence than the rest of us. Not true. Celebrity shootings just make better news stories, so perhaps they seem common. They're not. All of us are targets because with so many guns swishing around our culture, no one is immune -- not even us non-celebrities.

When the great pop composer and legendary member of the Beatles John Lennon was shot in 1980 in New York, many in the foreign press tabbed it a war on celebrities. Now, some in the media will declare a war on students or some-such. This is all misplaced. The correct target of our concern needs to be guns. America has more than it can possibly handle. How many can our society handle? My opinion is: as close to zero as possible.

Last month, I was robbed at 10 in the evening in the alley behind my home. As I was carrying groceries inside, a man with a gun approached me where my car was parked. The gun he carried featured one of those red-dot laser beams, which he pointed right at my head.

Because I'm anything but a James Bond type, I quickly complied with all of his requests. Perhaps because of my rapid response (it is called surrender), he chose not to shoot me; but he just as easily could have. What was to stop him?

This occurred in Beverly Hills, a low-crime area dotted with upscale boutiques, restaurants and businesses -- a city best known perhaps for its glamour and celebrity sightings.

Oh, and police tell me the armed robber definitely was not Korean. Not that I would have known one way or the other: Basically the only thing I saw or can remember was the gun, with the red dot, pointed right at my head.

A near-death experience does focus the mind. We need to get rid of our guns.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#20]
The thing I like most about Ted is he's unafraid to call people stupid or/and Evil
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

AHHH, yes, I loved reading that op-ed from that Anti...My, what a man-bitch of a liberal he is. I mean, his arguments are such drivel, how was he ever an editor, oh wait, it was in the LA TIMES.
He even asserts how he was robbed in Beverly Hills and did nothing to save himself but comply with the robbers demands and was elated that the robber decided not to kill him because all he did was stare at the laser aiming device...I hope he crapped his pants something fierce.

This guy is one of the many shitstains of America. He says about the VT killings, "A Korean didn't murder the VT students, a 9mm handgun and a .22 handgun killed them"
Guess those two handguns should be labeled as smart weapons now, that these 2 guns got up on their own, levitated somehow, aimed and fired themselves at the students and faculty...

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Amen brother Ted!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Go Nuge!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Very well written.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Catsclaw is going to love this.

YES!!!!  I DO love this!!!!  But in all honesty, this is what Ted has been saying for years!!!!  Yes, I know, there are those among us who will say Ted has expressed himself in a very colorful fashion in the past, but know this...he is right, he is up front and out there, and he is on our side!!!!

STAND!!!!

Carry on!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#27]
'Gun-Free Zones'

By DAVID B. KOPEL

April 18, 2007; Page A17; The Wall Street Journal
The bucolic campus of Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg, Va., would seem to have little in common with the Trolley Square shopping mall in Salt Lake City.  Yet both share an important characteristic, common to the site of almost every other notorious mass murder in recent years: They are "gun-free zones."

Forty American states now have "shall issue" or similar laws, by which officials issue a pistol carry permit upon request to any adult who passes a background check and (in most states) a safety class. Research by Carlisle Moody of the College of William and Mary, and others, suggests that these laws provide law-abiding citizens some protection against violent crime. But in many states there are certain places, especially schools, set aside as off-limits for guns. In Virginia, universities aren't "gun-free zones" by statute, but college officials are allowed to impose anti-gun rules. The result is that mass murderers know where they can commit their crimes.

Private property owners also have the right to prohibit lawful gun possession. And some shopping malls have adopted anti-gun rules. Trolley Square was one, as announced by an unequivocal sign, "No weapons allowed on Trolley Square property."

In February of this year a young man walked past the sign prohibiting him from carrying a gun on the premises and began shooting people who moments earlier were leisurely shopping at Trolley Square. He killed five.

Fortunately, someone else -- off-duty Ogden, Utah, police officer Kenneth Hammond -- also did not comply with the mall's rules. After hearing "popping" sounds, Mr. Hammond investigated and immediately opened fire on the gunman. With his aggressive response, Mr. Hammond prevented other innocent bystanders from getting hurt. He bought time for the local police to respond, while stopping the gunman from hunting down other victims.

At Virginia Tech's sprawling campus in southwestern Va., the local police arrived at the engineering building a few minutes after the start of the murder spree, and after a few critical minutes, broke through the doors that Cho Seung-Hui had apparently chained shut. >From what we know now, Cho committed suicide when he realized he'd soon be confronted by the police.  But by then, 30 people had been murdered.

But let's take a step back in time. Last year the Virginia legislature defeated a bill that would have ended the "gun-free zones" in Virginia's public universities. At the time, a Virginia Tech associate vice president praised the General Assembly's action "because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus." In an August 2006 editorial for the Roanoke Times, he declared: "Guns don't belong in classrooms. They never will. Virginia Tech has a very sound policy preventing same."

Actually, Virginia Tech's policy only made the killer safer, for it was only the law-abiding victims, and not the criminal, who were prevented from having guns. Virginia Tech's policy bans all guns on campus (except for police and the university's own security guards); even faculty members are prohibited from keeping guns in their cars.

Virginia Tech thus went out of its way to prevent what happened at a Pearl, Miss., high school in 1997, where assistant principal Joel Myrick retrieved a handgun from his car and apprehended a school shooter. Or what happened at Appalachian Law School, in Grundy, Va., in 2002, when a mass murder was stopped by two students with law-enforcement experience, one of whom retrieved his own gun from his vehicle. Or in Edinboro, Pa., a few days after the Pearl event, when a school attack ended after a nearby merchant used a shotgun to force the attacker to desist. Law-abiding citizens routinely defend themselves with firearms. Annually, Americans drive-off home invaders a half-million times, according to a 1997 study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In Utah, there is no "gun-free schools" exception to the licensed carry law. In K-12 schools and in universities, teachers and other adults can and do legally carry concealed guns. In Utah, there has never been a Columbine-style attack on a school. Nor has there been any of the incidents predicted by self-defense opponents -- such as a teacher drawing a gun on a disrespectful student, or a student stealing a teacher's gun.

Israel uses armed teachers as part of a successful program to deter terrorist attacks on schools. Buddhist teachers in southern Thailand are following the Israeli example, because of Islamist terrorism.

After the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S., long-time gun control advocates agreed that making airplane cockpits into "gun-free zones" had made airplanes much more dangerous for everyone except hijackers. Corrective legislation, supported by large bipartisan majorities in both houses of Congress, allowed pilots to carry firearms, while imposing rigorous gun-safety training on pilots who want to carry.

In many states, "gun-free schools" legislation was enacted hastily in the late 1980s or early 1990s due to concerns about juvenile crime. Aimed at juvenile gangsters, the poorly written and overbroad statutes had the disastrous consequence of rendering teachers unable to protect their students.

Reasonable advocates of gun control can still press for a wide variety of items on their agenda, while helping to reform the "gun-free zones" that have become attractive havens for mass killers. If legislators or administrators want to require extensive additional training for armed faculty and other adults, that's fine. Better that some victims be armed than none at all.

The founder of the University of Virginia, Thomas Jefferson, understood the harms resulting from the type of policy created at Virginia Tech. In his "Commonplace Book," Jefferson copied a passage from Cesare Beccaria, the founder of criminology, which was as true on Monday as it always has been: "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Mr. Kopel is research director of the Independence Institute in Golden, Colo., and co-author of the law school textbook, "Gun Control and Gun Rights" (NYU Press).

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#28]
tag
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yeah, I love his methodology: "It's called surrender." Perhaps he should move to France and publish there!

/TCP
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

This occurred in Beverly Hills, where only famous people can get CCW perimts and criminals know their victims are easy pickings, Virginia Tech-like helpless victims in a low-crime area dotted with upscale boutiques, restaurants and businesses -- a city best known perhaps for its glamour and celebrity sightings.

Oh, and police tell me the armed robber definitely was not Korean. Not that I would have known one way or the other: Basically the only thing I saw or can remember was the gun, with the red dot, pointed right at my head.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Does anyone have the direct link to Ted's message board?

Thanks,

HH

I posted a link to this thread.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Excellent article.    

Hard to believe, in light of all the nice commets, this the same board that slammed Ted for befriending Zumbo.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Our brilliant new United Nations secretary general has not only never fired a gun, it looks like he may have just put together a peace formula for civil war-wracked Sudan

A little excerpt from the "other opinion". That should save you some reading....
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#34]
That is a good read.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#35]
I think his plan would work great -  if you're 100% sure you could get every single last firearm off the street.   I don't think it would be too hard to find every single firearm owned by a criminal in the U.S.    Whatever.

P.S. If you look, here's a link at the bottom of the guy's article for viewer comments.  I thought maybe some of you would like to provide some feedback.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Although I find Ted to be a bit over-the-top most of the time, he hit the nail on the head with that article.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm utterly amazed the "journalist" graduated from Highschool.

How is that rambling incoherent screed a "rebuttal"? He goes on a non sequituur about race and the illegal use of guns as though the murderers' race EVER had ANYTHING to do with the key fact that he alone was armed and all his victims were UNARMED.

He then accepts the surrender is the only option line of thinking with respect to his own robbery - how is it 'rational' to tell "ordinary citizens" that they shall henceforth be unarmed and thus potential victims to thuggery without end when the simple solution to his own robbery could have been the Detroit two-step (step one, drop your wallet at the mugger's feet. Step two, shoot him as he bends down to grab the money)?

Just as making drugs illegal does nothing to limit criminal access to them, how does making guns illegal "to the ordinary citizen" make us all "safer" from guns which are produced all over the world and can be more easily smuggled in to the US than drugs can?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Ted is teh r0xx0rz!!11!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#40]
The liberal response article is horrible and stupid.  Small point: How did Dufus know the laser was aimed at his head? You can't see your own forehead. An obvious lie. Also, he makes his own point by the fact that he was robbed, predators prey on the weak. The guys has the reasoning skills of a ten year old.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Excellent article.

Sometimes Ted can be over the top, but that was well done.

I don't think 'over-the-top' is a plausible position anymore concerning guns and anti-self defense.

ANY gun control is tyranny = DEATH!! PERIOD!  

It's a fact, it's historical--screw compromise.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
What I've noticed about Ted in the last 15 years...

- A little more religion
- A little less wango tango
- A lot easier to digest

I for one am am glad he's ours.

Things sometime improve with age.

AB
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Way to go Ted.

I sent an email in support of Ted's position to CNN...doubt it'll be read, but what the hell.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Amen Ted! Well written.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Way to go Ted !
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#46]
The Nuge is the MAN!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Possibly the most well-reasoned thing Ted has ever written.

Definitely a gazillion times better than his Zumbo performance.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#48]

Joe Russo, Staten Island, New York
Ted Nugent really has a twisted way of looking at the violence that seems to regularly plague us. As a hunter and gun owner, I do believe in our right to bear arms. However, that right should not include hand guns and assualt weapons.  

Now this a-hole, I would love to punch him in the fucking bread basket.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
at the top of the article a link to - " Let's lay down our right to bear arms "

WTF

Nugent article is more than I would expect to find on CNN -

I read the other article.  OMG what a load of crap!!  Typical libtard response...I'm guessing the guy's a lifelong pacifist as well, but he'll hide behind his 1st amendment rights as a "journalist" and say he's still fighting the good fight!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
   WOW!

Here is the rebuttal.  Fucking sad if you ask me.

By Tom Plate
Special to CNN
Last month, I was robbed at 10 in the evening in the alley behind my home. As I was carrying groceries inside, a man with a gun approached me where my car was parked. The gun he carried featured one of those red-dot laser beams, which he pointed right at my head.

Because I'm anything but a James Bond type, I quickly complied with all of his requests. Perhaps because of my rapid response (it is called surrender), he chose not to shoot me; but he just as easily could have. What was to stop him?

This occurred in Beverly Hills, a low-crime area dotted with upscale boutiques, restaurants and businesses -- a city best known perhaps for its glamour and celebrity sightings.

sad indeed. What a world view difference - while most people in that situation might say to themselves "that's not going to happen to me again", take individual responsibility and arm themselves, people like Mr. Plate go running like little girls to the nanny state for protection it cannot possibly provide, screwing over the rest of us in the process.

By the way, somehow I suspect that "we" and "our" in the last sentence is complete BS..

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top