Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 8:41:28 PM EDT
This is not emergency quality (IMHO).

I have had hemhorroids for 15+ years.  Real PITA.  So I was myself with hot water when I shower (you know where).

Well tonight as I was doing this I got the suprise of my freakin' life.  There is a lump the size of a pea on the exterior of the rectum anus and it is sensitive, just a little.  Since it popped up so fast I am thinking it is:

1)  Large hemhorroid and she's gonna blow (and this is gonna HURT!).
2)  Perirectal abcess and she's gonna blow (and this is gonna HURT LIKE HELL!).  
3)  Colorectal cancer and I am up the creek with no paddle.

Can anyone out there calm my fears or inform me of what else might be going on?

DR visit is going to be planned for the morning.

Edited for medical clarity.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have bright red blood in your stool and as you described a lump on your rectum it could be colon cancer, however if its just a hemi you should be fine

My girlfriend is an RN
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you have bright red blood in your stool and as you described a lump on your rectum it could be colon cancer, however if its just a hemi you should be fine

My girlfriend is an RN

Currently no blood.  A while back it was common (when defecating) to turn the water red.  Like I said, though, hemhorroids for a very long time and that kind of thing is not that upsetting.  

Other than being rectal bleeding, of course.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF dude?

If I ever shit blood I'd be at the doc getting it unfucked ASAP.  Had a great uncle that had the 'roids pretty bad.  He died of colon cancer.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Get checked for colon cancer, just to be safe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]

So I was myself with hot water when I shower (you know where).

What in the hell does this mean?? You were yourself?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Just make sure both the docs hands aren't on your shoulders when he's giving you your examination
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#7]
My dad just had a bout with his hemhorroids, had them for a while, but finally got bad enough he had them cut out last week. He had to walk around with a walker for the first day afterwards, but said he is glad that he is done with them. Oh  his were about the size of a brazil nut, so it could be worse.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So I was washing myself with hot water when I shower (you know where).

What in the hell does this mean?? You were yourself?

Sorry.  Is that better and more understandable?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My dad just had a bout with his hemhorroids, had them for a while, but finally got bad enough he had them cut out last week. He had to walk around with a walker for the first day afterwards, but said he is glad that he is done with them. Oh  his were about the size of a brazil nut, so it could be worse.

Out of a possible 10
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Anal tissue is uber sensitive.  Hot water applied to the anus will sometimes create a roid.  Go to the doc.  Roids left untreated will turn into cancer.  Open sores and feces sliding over them just is trouble beggin to happen.  Ask my father.  He just had his colon removed and shits in a bag now.  Had the same thing and never went to the doc until he had to wear maxi pads and throw away his underwear every day.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Out of a possible 10

Yeah they were bad, the first doc he went too cut a blood clot out of one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
WTF dude?

If I ever shit blood I'd be at the doc getting it unfucked ASAP.  Had a great uncle that had the 'roids pretty bad.  He died of colon cancer.  

For real. I have shit blood AND pissed blood and both times I was like "CALL THE DOCTOR RIGHT NOW AND GET ME SEEN ASAP!!!!!"

GR
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Go to the fucking doc dude.

I had a small one, a bit of blood when I wiped, and I was one paranoid sonofabitch.

I'm no doctor but if I remember correctly, if something like that ruptures it could be life threatening.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
What ever you do, make sure you ask for two fingers...
~Dg84
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
~Dg84

Should I even ask what that means?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
~Dg84

I decided not to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
~Dg84

NO...

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, I am going to bed.

I'll check back in the morning and see if anyone else chimed in and then I am going to the DR's.

And I was going to go to the Zoo with my daughter tomorrow, too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I hope it turns out to be nothing major. I also would just like to personally thank you for not adding a photo.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just make sure both the docs hands aren't on your shoulders when he's giving you your examination

Beware of the three handed Protologist...  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:30:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its short for hemhorroid
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes, it was a hemhorroid.

I will be going to the DR on Tuesday to have it evacuated.  Hopefully I will be able to walk aftwards.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#26]

"You using the whole fist, Doc?"

movie kills me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top