User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You want honest?

As soon as you fire one shot they scatter like cockroaches.

Cowards.

Ding Ding Ding! Winner!

With that being said...shoot the obvious loudmouth of the group or their "ho" first.

While that's very likely to be true, I will not rely on that. I still have the thread saved where the GlockTalker from Memphis mozambiqued the 'banger with the pistola, and his partner, in full view of the shooter, bent down and tried to pick up his fallen comrades weapon to continue the fight.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Inappropriate weaponry for the scenario given, for non-military or LE personnel..

Did you not see the Glcok .22?  Very similar to the Glcok 20 that I carry everyday of my life.

You wont have a FA on you while walking down a street with family members..

If the Zombies are attacking, I would have the M16 or the SMG

Why can't you retreat on a public street?

It may be tactically beneficial to hold your ground or push the threats back and away form the other folks in your party.  It would give them extra time to put distance between themselves and the threat.

If you've shot to slide lock, itself a tactical error

Yes, true enough.  However, I only have 1 10rd mag for my .22.

Truth is, Its a practice issue for me and you are absolutely right.  I would probably shoot dry in any situation becasue thatis what I have been doing with the 10rd mag.

Therfore, that is bad training on my part.

you should be practicing moving to whatever cover is available. Don't be caught in the open with an empty firearm.

Again, right on target aqnd I am in complete agreement with you.

You are also taking your eyes off the threat while changing mags. You should be able to do so without taking eyes off the target.

Again total agreement with this comment.  The video shows ots of training issues that I will have to address in teh future.

You've never shot your weapon with iron sights? Amazing. Too much reliance on technology.

That's my SMG.  Normally has an OKO on top of it and I'm not planning on shooting bad guys with it for obvious reasons.

Of course, you can see why it has iron sights.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did you not see the Glcok .22?  Very similar to the Glcok 20 that I carry everyday of my life.

Yes, and you also were using the FA under the heading of dealing with gang members

Off topic

Shopping list time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and you also were using the FA under the heading of dealing with gang members

Off topic

Shopping list time.

Well, we would all like to use an M-60 when confronted with gangbangers.  

Seriously though, its not bad practice and it shows how effective a SMG can be in similar situations.

If your commenting that my time would be better served by practicing with my glock, I also would be in agreement on that issue.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Seriously though, its not bad practice and it shows how effective a SMG can be in similar situations.

If thats true and in response to that comment, where are all of the people who normally post that FA weapons don't belong in the hands of LEOs After all, we deal with criminals far more often than most of you will. Even walking down the street with our families.

But really...I wouldn't want to use one in the scenario you presented.That was the only reason I commented on the video. To each their own. Practice is always good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#6]
high capacity pistol

(2) reloads

use cover

front sight on target
front sight on target
front sight on target

squeeze repeat
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting video SC-Texas!  Thanks for posting it!

I thought you did pretty well overall.

video is awesome for training purposes for ID'ing issues.    

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
just to note: would you be having either the M-11 or the suppressed glock (or other supieror firepower) to break the ambush directly?

Glock 20 most likely with an extra 17 rd mag.

Or the 17 rd mag in the gun with an extra 15rd on the side.

If I know there are Zombies about, then the M16, suppressor and beta mag . . . of course.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lord, this site gets ludricous and exhausting sometimes.

What?

You don't walk around town with your wife and girlfriend and baby while carrying a suppressed submachine gun?

Well if I try to walk around town with my wife AND with my girlfriend and baby, it's not the gangstas I need to be afraid of.

In any case I pull out my concealed Ma Deuce and use it as a blackjack.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Do Not shoot and move forward unless you are very trained.  The last thing you want to do is make yourself a bigger and easier target to hit for the gangstas.

Do Not shoot while backing up.  You will often trip on your own feet, or fall from a dent in the road or a curb or something you couldnt see.

Unholster weapon and instruct your family to run backwards and find the best cover possible. The car is not a great cover.  As they run back take out the closest threat to you and then work to the next farthest thats a high threat.  Make sure you are either shooting, reloading, or moving to cover.  Do nothing besides those three.  Use ammo wisely depending on how much you have. Take down those threats and move.  This isnt paintball where you wait behind a cover and shoot back and forth.  Take threats, then retreat.

Remember your main objective is to get out of there bullet free.  Your objective is not to kill the bad guys.  You objective is instead to take get out of there by means of taking down threats that will lead to your saftey.

Access the situation, take down the threats needed to escape from danger, then reunite with your family and into cover.

PS:  Have your family trained on moving to cover.  Instruct them what makes good and bad cover.  Also make sure you all know if they are supposed to wait for you in a situation like this, or if they should leave the area no matter what.  This way when you leave the area you arent lost looking for them if thats not the plan.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Do Not shoot and move forward unless you are very trained.  The last thing you want to do is make yourself a bigger and easier target to hit for the gangstas.

Do Not shoot while backing up.  You will often trip on your own feet, or fall from a dent in the road or a curb or something you couldnt see.

Unholster weapon and instruct your family to run backwards and find the best cover possible. The car is not a great cover.  As they run back take out the closest threat to you and then work to the next farthest thats a high threat.  Make sure you are either shooting, reloading, or moving to cover.  Do nothing besides those three.  Use ammo wisely depending on how much you have. Take down those threats and move.  This isnt paintball where you wait behind a cover and shoot back and forth.  Take threats, then retreat.

Remember your main objective is to get out of there bullet free.  Your objective is not to kill the bad guys.  You objective is instead to take get out of there by means of taking down threats that will lead to your saftey.

Access the situation, take down the threats needed to escape from danger, then reunite with your family and into cover.

PS:  Have your family trained on moving to cover.  Instruct them what makes good and bad cover.  Also make sure you all know if they are supposed to wait for you in a situation like this, or if they should leave the area no matter what.  This way when you leave the area you arent lost looking for them if thats not the plan.

Im young and so is my girlfriend. when we discussed this i told her to LEAVE me behind  during a shoot out and seek cover until its safe and if at all possible to leave the situation entirely including, if necessary, taking my vechicle and leaving me on foot.

Shes a young attractive woman and will easily be able to replace me if i get full of holes. Theres no point to taking me with her to the grave in a gunfight.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For even more fun start the practice stage pushing a baby stroller. When the bad guys appear pull out your suppressed MAC-11 from the bottom rack of the baby stroller (doesn’t everyone keep one there?) and fire one handed while continuing to push the baby stroller. Extra points for pulling it behind you, giving baby some cover with your body. At the first major obstacle you reload, retrieve baby in one arm, and continue the advance firing one handed. When you get to the mini van place baby in car seat and dump one more mag (retrieved from diaper bag in van) at the bad guys before jumping in the drivers seat, thus ending the baby stroller mini-van stage.

Now this is the kind of training parents should get!  Screw that lamaz class!  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top