Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2001 7:09:25 PM EDT
At the fun show today I saw a dealer selling an ak, listed as a 'maadi with pre-ban features' for $480.

Isn't this a little low for a pre-ban ak? Or maybe this guy is full of it. I don't know enough about maadi's to identify them in any detail.

Any info would be appreciated.

PS: My breasts would [b]not[/b] be too large to preclude me from operating this rifle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Schnacke,

What the dealer was selling was a post ban MAADI with enough US parts (hopefully) to have the pistol grip (the "pre-ban feature").  Unless the MAADI says "Imported by Steyr, Secaucus, NJ" it is a post ban gun.  There are the US parts MAADI and the thumbhole MAADI guns (which are not bad guns--the SAR's may be a little better, but are not up to the quality of a Yugo, Hungarian or Legend).  

SAR's--$270
MAADI's--$250

Pre-ban Guns--
Norinco $800
Legend $1000
Hungarian $1100
Steyr MAADI $1200
Yugo $1600

So, he was overcharging for the post ban MAADI (unless it did say Steyr, then you should be kicking yourself for not buying it and turning $800 profit).
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the giveaway would be the 'pre-ban features' phrase used by the dealer.

AKs are such a troublesome subject when it comes to determining whether a particular weapon is lawful or not. 'Course then so are ARs for that matter!

Pretty pointless laws, but if you get caught on the wrong side....

Eric The(Wary)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top