Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2001 8:53:41 PM EDT
I just watched Special Report with Brit Hume and toward the end, he read a story about how sears will not allow their trucks and vans to display American flags or any other "patriotic" stickers or banners. and right after that he read how cnn will no longer refer to the TERRORISTS as terrorists, they are now called "ALLEGED HIGHJACKERS" !!!! cnn said they did this because these men have not been proven to be terrorists !!!
Well, there goes my sears account, and I won't darken their doorstep again.
as for cnn, I cant do anything about them cuz I dont watch em anyway !!!
SONS-O-BITCHES !!!!
[pissed] [-!-] [pissed]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
F them!

I don't have a stinkin' Sears card anymore.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
lets see..last time I bought something at sears... almost 2 years ago, when I bought one of their crappy routers (didn't know any better at the time).

I hope my brother stays a sears customer - he bought one of the sears craftsman tape measures years ago. Lifetime warranty. Thing is, when you install floors for a living, tape measures don't last very long at all. He goes back once or twice a month for a free replacement. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Too bad sears doesn't sell firearms. I would MAX out my credit line and then not pay the bill!! I won't shop there again and will certainly spread the word. As for cnn, e-mail those liberal idiots and let them know how  WE feel. Liberal Traitor Bastards!!!
[grenade]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I think they signed a confession when they killed 10,000 people!  I will never set foot in a sears again.  I don't have a reason to they only sell sh!t.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
About a month ago, I bought something in a Sears tool department for the first time in about 15 years.  They now sell other brands of tools!  While the sales people were very attentive, they didn't know much about tools.  I got dumb looks when I asked for roll pin punches and hollow-ground screwdriver bits, which they had neither.  I got an even dumber look when I asked for shotgun shells.  They don't sell guns or ammo any longer.  I've been several places where they were the only place in town, besides maybe a grocery store or gas station, where you could buy shells.  I couldn't believe their prices on tools.  All of the tools seem to cost 5x as much as I thought they should.  The (large) wrench I needed was $28!  I bought one at a hardware store for only $4.  I won't have any trouble not shopping at Sears.z
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Sears....  What a bunch of a$$es.  Remember their old motto:

"Sears, Where America Shops!"

I guess not anymore.

As for CNN, I wouldn't expect anything different from the left channel.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I can believe this stuff about some dinky FL corporation or some stupid university flunkie, but SEARS?  WTF?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#8]
So what was Sear's reasoning behind the lack of patriotism?  Okay, what was their public reasons for their lack of patriotism.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Here we go!  Let us be heard at Sears!!

[url]http://www.sears.com/sr/framework/home.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0671041189.1001655913@@@@&BV_EngineID=edadccdikhhmmbggcmgclchm.0&targetPage=%2fmisc%2fsears%2fcustserv%2fse_custserv.jsp&vertical=SEARS[/url]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I have also stopped referring to CNN as a News Network.  The substitute will be "Alleged News Wastebasket".
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#11]
They don't call CNN - the Communist News Network for nothing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Sears.  Where America gets cornholed.  Don't believe me?  Take your car there for repair.  Also, go ahead, pay them 3 or 4 times the going rate to have a roof installed.  One poor old lady did just that, paid Sears over $7500 for a $2500 roof job.  Because after all, it was Sears and she could trust them, right?  WRONG!  They refused to pay the sub, which led to a lein being placed on the little old lady's house.
Why the hell would I shop there?  I'd do just as well to deal with the Travelers.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:44:38 AM EDT
[#13]
surely they've got an 800 number even one for mail-orders would work if a massive calling campaign was launched against them, I'm thinking like chain letters and cross-posting on ass-web. but think of it even if it's some little 6 dollar an hour college girl taking orders with thousands of calls the message will get back to the right people, plus an 800 number will charge them money for every call taken on it, even if you just call up and say "commie pricks" or "infidel dogs" and hang up. on second thought don't say infidel dogs, you'll be visited by the FB.........AYiiiII.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I sent a email to both sears and cnn, not that they will respond or it will matter though.
BUT I did call sears corporate and climbed the phone ladder a few wrungs !!! I bitched at that person then asked to be passed to their superior and so on....
They all said the same thing "we understand your concern, but this was done for the SAFETY of our drivers" WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT !!!!!
[-!-]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I think it may hit them pretty good to get a list of names of people that will refuse to visit Sears as long as they have this unpatriotic "No Flags" policy.  [pissed]

No Flags = No Customers!
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#20]
I will also cancel my sears account and want buy anything else. I emailed them just a few minutes ago and told them what I think.

Moose
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Actually:

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/30/terrorist/index.html[/url]

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I just emailed them on their UNAMERICAN behavior.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#23]
no suprise coming from the Clinton News Network
probley found out one of the terrorist front companys was a major sponser and then decicied to goingg back to being a corp whore...
sad yes..
will it stop ... unlikley... people will still shop there if some thing is .05 cents lower than a company proudly displaying the colors...

[-!-] sears
and
[-!-!-][-!-!-][-!-!-][-!-!-][-!-!-][-!-!-] CNN  

who needs a news channel when you can have ar15.com [;)]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Guys, did you READ what I just said?  The CNN thing is a RUMOR.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#25]
READ!! of cousre not, am an american i just read a few lines and make up the rest as I see fit....

so now when to we riot ,,,, I need a new living room set... [flame][flame]
[flame][flame]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#26]
besides I saw on the internet so it must be true...
[:D]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#27]
What I saw on Fox was that Sears had asked their drivers not to display waving flags on their antennae due to visibility problems.  The company then bought LARGE US Flag stickers for their entire fleet of vans.

Tate
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#28]
So much for misinformation from the big networks, huh?   We all believe what we want to...  [:P]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:43:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:47:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
READ!! of cousre not, am an american i just read a few lines and make up the rest as I see fit....

so now when to we riot ,,,, I need a new living room set... [flame][flame]
[flame][flame]
View Quote

LOL

Let's get Turner's heart on a stick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top