BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2001 4:48:49 PM EDT
A kimber Stainless Target fullsize in .40 S&W
http://www.kimberamerica.com/Custom_Custom_Target.htm

or a Springfield Tactical Response Pistol
http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-pstl-1911-trp.shtml

Based on your experience which is better made, more reliable, more accurate of the two. My choices were narrowed down to these two only.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
For once a clear-cut choice - at least for me.
The Springfield TRP.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My TRP is the best shooter of my 1911 Lot, you will not be unhappy with it, guaranteed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
the springfield. but what are you gonna use it for?

[pistol]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll use it for carry on and all around. My wife confiscated my brand new Ruger GP100 3" Stainless .357 Magnum and now I need a replacement.

I will NOT touch  any pistols not Stainless.
When I went today at 6 gunshops, all told me that Kimber is better than Springfield hands down.  So far you say that Springfiels is better. I,m confused now. Need better/more explanation.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
when i was shopping i rulled out .40 cuz i heard that it was a finikey round. True or not i decided to get a 1911 in .45. i was lookin at a springfield or a kimber. the way i see it, the TRP is way better than the kimber clasic custom i bought, but it cost about 2x as much. and since the kimber was a tighter fit and i knew it'd be more acurate than the springfield in my price range thats what i got. im gonna have to get some reliabilty work done on my kimber cuz the chamber is way tight and chokes every now and then, even w/ hardball. It's way more accurate than I am though. I read an article about the FBI tests they did looking for a new service pistol and the springfield entry (essentaly the TRP) was the only one that passed ALL the test. since you got the money get the springfield. hope i made sense, sorry if i didn't.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Any more oppinions please...
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
In that type of gun, I would deffinetly go with the 45 cal. As far as the choice of guns, I have a one of the fist Kimber customs that were made in Oregon, shoots like 2500 dollar gun never james 1" groups without trying. I purchased a loaded spingfield compact ltw. it shot 6" high at20 yards, the first time I cleaned it all the anodizing turned into a big goey mess like wet paint. I know Spingfield makes a good gun but that experiance soured me on them. I took it back and bought another Glock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I love my TRP, never had a malfuntion with it.

The only more accurate handgun I own is my P7M10.

Incidentally, I'm considering selling my, because I need the money.  If you are considering a slightly used SS model, drop me an email.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top