Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2001 7:59:59 AM EDT
Since there is corporal punishment in the US, why not have people on deathrow fight to the death on TV? I'm sure I would watch it everyday and it would make big bucks for the goverment instead of having these people drain on the fragile US economy. There could even be a pay per view special with Bin Laden!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Since there is corporal punishment in the US, why not have people on deathrow fight to the death on TV? I'm sure I would watch it everyday and it would make big bucks for the goverment instead of having these people drain on the fragile US economy. There could even be a pay per view special with Bin Laden!
View Quote

Since there's "corporal punishment" in the US...then I guess the TV show would be to watch all the inmates spank each other's bare bottoms.  Personally, I don't care to see that.  It might be popular in Seattle and San Francisco. [spank] [sex]

As for watching death beatings, it sounds like we're going back to the uncivilized practices the Romans used on Christians.  Essentially, a new "gladiator" type of scenario, or simply grotesque killings. [chainsawkill]

I DO think that SOME executions should be made public (not to contradict my last paragraph)...such as Timothy McVeigh, et al. Otherwise, capital punishment is less a deterrant as people don't seem to "grasp" what the punishment is. When the country is attacked by such evil people as this, we should show the results of their actions.  I would have to agree that Bin Laden would definitely fall into this category.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Read the book 'The Running Man' by Stephen King, the movie is an almost completely different story.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#4]
How about "Death Row Survivor"? You drop 100 DR inmates onto a decomissioned oil platform way off the coast. You give them enough food for 50 people. You just let them fight it out. There would have to be penned in sharks around the platform to keep anyone from jumping off. When they wise up to what's going on and calm down you would either tilt the platform or have spikes come out of the deck (ala Battlebots). The last one left gets a stay of execution but still has to do life. The taxpayers wouldn't have to pay for it because it would be sponsoered by Budweiser, AT&T, Microsoft, etc.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Bunghole, I take it you are a stickdeath fan? [:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top