Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 10:07:06 AM EDT
I started a new job a month and a half ago.  I try and keep the gun stuff on the downlow, but there are some ex-military here and there are hardly any anti gun people.

I found out one person had a Sig 220.  I started talking guns. Someone overheard and started asking questions about guns. He is thinking about getting one.  It spread like wildfire. Then I was showing some pictures and someone screamed out YOU GOT SILENCERS! Oh crap. Now half the office wants to go to the range.  A couple people are asking about CCW laws and are thinking about getting permits and a couple are thinking about getting their first guns.

And today I saw my boss get out of his truck and he has an NRA sticker on the back.  He is a Marine.

I am working on getting a whole flock of about to be new gun owners to the range to teach safety, laws, and fun!

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweeeeeet!

Nice to be cozy in the work place.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Good on ya
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Dayum.  Jackpot!

Out of curiosity, what do you do?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dayum.  Jackpot!

Software testing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a sweet place.

Congrats

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dayum.  Jackpot!

Software testing.

For some reason computer people love guns.
It is inexplicable, but everyone of them I run into loves guns, even if they don't own any.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dayum.  Jackpot!

Software testing.

It is inexplicable, but everyone of them I run into loves guns, even if they don't own any.

Really?  That's interesting.  I would have figured computer  people would be more there with teachers and such, not ones to be on our side.  Learn something new every day.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's because we love to shoot computers!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dayum.  Jackpot!

Software testing.

+100........ i'm a computer geek and sit in front of one all day.......and i love guns..... how many do I have ??  Um, just a couple.

And my buddy, who is also a member here, is a computer geek too.... and he's a major gun lover.........

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's because we play Counterstrike.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Good on ya

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am prolly the only computer geek that doesn't play games....  go ahead, call me lame..... just don't like them
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Same thing happened with me here at school.  I took a british guy and a german guy to the range (german was ex military and the british guy had never even held a gun) and now I have people asking me at least twice a week when Im going to the range next.  British guy REALLY wants to rent the uzi smg they have lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually enjoy CS:CZ.  I suck at it, but I like it.  I'm even a member of a CZ discussion board, LOL.

But I don't know dick about computers.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dayum.  Jackpot!

Software testing.

Computer/Network guy here.  I can confirm most technology oriented people are gun friendly.  At my last place of employment our satellite office had a trap shooting team and we shot every Wed. and Sun.  Couple of CCWers as well as EBR owners.  

x156
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I know that feeling.  I kept and still keep fairly quiet bout my addiction.  However, in past year, I have had MANY people come up and ask to go shooting, asked about specific firearms, one asked if i knew where to obtain a firing pin for a mossy 500, discussions on firearms laws and hunting etc.  Since last year, I have handed out many FOID applications to coworkers, especially after the Tank Johnson crap.....oh I forgot to mention, I teach in a public school....
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dayum.  Jackpot!

Software testing.

It's the intelligence level, as it goes up so does the appreciation of our individual rights.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dayum.  Jackpot!

Software testing.

It's the intelligence level, as it goes up so does the appreciation of our individual rights.

No, it's because computers suck horribly and any chance to throw lead down range at one will bring tears of joy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1337
PC LOAD LETTER ... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top