[#1]
Maury Povich.

'nuff said
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Insert a Poll.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
That's pretty extreme...how about a compromise?

Birth control injections in order to receive public assistance.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, we need a license to procreate.  And a marriage license would be a pre-requisite.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Now thats an idea.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now thats an idea.

wasn't it michagan that tried to require drug tests to receive welfare, i believe it was shot down immediately...
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#7]
License, background check, intelligence test, psychological profile, drug test, and a tax.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
License, background check, intelligence test, psychological profile, drug test, and a tax.

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:54:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Too many stupid sheeple are having children and making more fucking stupid Sheeple.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I love it when the "master planners" out themselves freedom is double edged sword isn't it
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I love it when the "master planners" out themselves freedom is double edged sword isn't it

As long as I'm not paying the bills.

But I am...and you are too (if you're a taxpayer and I assume you are rather than being a recipient).
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now thats an idea.

wasn't it michagan that tried to require drug tests to receive welfare, i believe it was shot down immediately...

That is FUCKING Stupid. I worked some time at a Grocery store, and you should have seen all the Meth heads & Crack Heads with food stamp cards. Sorry, but my money shouldn't go to some loser that spends all of her/his cash on Drugs and the food stamp money on pure junk food (I swear to God there was never a healthy Item in the basket).

I have been saying for a long time that Drug Tests should be mandatory. They should be tested randomly also.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I am...and you are too (if you're a taxpayer and I assume you are rather than being a recipient).

Yes I have a lot of kids and pay the AMT and put my kids in private or home school, Yet I have no desire to have the government be involved in the most basic right of all. Axe 80% of public aid fine by me, get rid of gov schools fine by me, try and impose a permit to "breed" that is a call to arms
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Sheeple out number everyone else. So who would have control of a licence to reproduce, the sheeple. Congratulations, you have just come up with a idea to wipe out out all non-sheeple on the planet.  Not a good idea.

Really the problems being complained about mostly come from a seriously messed up education system and a messed up media.  Fix that problem.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

How about that same policy on firearms... I love how many closet tyrants we have here

Fine company you keep:

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I have a lot of kids and pay the AMT and put my kids in private or home school, Yet I have no desire to have the government be involved in the most basic right of all. Axe 80% of public aid fine by me, get rid of gov schools fine by me, try and impose a permit to "breed" that is a call to arms

I agree.  I prefer the birth control injection to receive the public assistance.  Or no public assistance.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MOLON BABE!

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
That sounds like a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It did to Hitler and Sanger as well

The psychologist  was Stalin's best friend

ETA: Please add a poll

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I think there ought to be a license to breath.

If you cannot afford the license, they wrap a plastic bag around your face until you can.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It did to Hitler and Sanger as well

The psychologist  was Stalin's best friend

ETA: Please add a poll

We have enough FUCKING Taxes!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Take away illegal immigrants and this wouldn't be an issue.

What is it about poverty that makes people feel the need to bring more kids into bad circumstances?

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I hate the excessive numbers of welfare rats just as much as the next guy, but regulating people's lives further is definitely not what we need.

IAMLEGEND suggested mandatory birth control for welfare recipients, while that is still a slide down a slippery slope, not quite as bad.

I would personally do away with all public assistance for adults if I had that power.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#24]
just poison the illegal drugs.  jeesh, do I have to think of everything?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
just poison the illegal drugs.  jeesh, do I have to think of everything?

Apparently.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:27:13 AM EDT
[#26]
You could mandate that a person needs a license to reproduce but it would only affect law abiding reproducers.  

Seriously, it wouldn't work any way.  You need a license to drive a car but I wonder how many are on the road right now with no license or a revoked one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Having kids and getting married should be as painful as child support and a divorce.

Less would do it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Amen.

And, getting pregnant while on welfare should be a crime.  You lose welfare, and since you now can't take care of your existiong kids, you lose them, too.  You go to jail, have the new baby in jail, and immediately lose it to adoption.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

+1000000
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Oooh!  I like this idea.  My only concern when I hear about this kind of stuff though is it's just one more government intrusion into our lives...
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about that same policy on firearms... I love how many closet tyrants we have here

Fine company you keep:
www.eugenics-watch.com/aeugensoc/ameug.gif
impiousdigest.com/hitler-and-sanger.jpg

But hey, we're all still free if we can have our guns!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#32]
So who here has seen the movie Fortress?

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

YAY ... go off public aid for a month ... get knocked up, go back on it with a little extra for the bun in the oven ...

next idea....
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#34]

So the excuse for a license is not to have to pay welfare. If your against welfare then be against welfare. A   license is not getting rid of welfare, its we have welfare and licenses to.  Maybe this is just a push for the Chinese one child policy system here.
I can just see that here, only the illigal immigrants get a licence to reproduce. I live by a small town that prides itself on being prejudice biggots. They have done such a good job pressurring all those they deem unworthy not to have children that very few whites have kids. Just about everyone didn't fit there guidelines to reproduce. The illegal aliens had kids anyway, the school is full of brown kids. Ban illegals from having kids, now thats funny. Its already illegal for them to be here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted: From time to time I feel that way. anyone else?
That depends. Is she hot and can she cook?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YAY ... go off public aid for a month ... get knocked up, go back on it with a little extra for the bun in the oven ...

next idea....

The injection would be one that is effective for 6 months.

ETA: Or more.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

sounds good to me.

Did you know 18,000 children die worldwide each day from starvation. For those against birth control and abortion you make me sick with your wanting to see children stave to death.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

As a teacher, I totally agree.  Show me a problem child, and I'll show you a dipshit for a parent.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted: Did you know 18,000 children die worldwide each day from starvation. For those against birth control and abortion you make me sick with your wanting to see children stave to death.
Did you know that the vast majority of them are not Americans? They aren't subject to our laws and they sure aren't our kids. So I see no link between why their deaths somehow make abortion more palatable to current and potential American parents.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted: License, background check, intelligence test, psychological profile, drug test, and a tax.
+1
As a teacher, I totally agree.  Show me a problem child, and I'll show you a dipshit for a parent.
Maybe we should shoot the parents and take the kids and train them to be assassins!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Freedom is a difficult concept for some to swallow.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The other side of freedom is responsibility and accountability.  Unfettered access to reproduction puts babies in the hands of too many irresponsible, no-account people.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

How true and with freedom comes responibility to take care of yourself and all the risk that go along with that, if by your choices and actions you end up dying in a ditch it is not the job of the government to take care of you or feed your kids. ALL charity should be private.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

yep, thats the ticket.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep, thats the ticket.

I forgot "proof of financial responsibility".

We require liability insurance to get a driver's license.  People who want to go mixing live sperm and eggs should carry health insurance so their costs don't end up getting dumped on everyone else's back.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted: Did you know 18,000 children die worldwide each day from starvation. For those against birth control and abortion you make me sick with your wanting to see children stave to death.
Did you know that the vast majority of them are not Americans? They aren't subject to our laws and they sure aren't our kids. So I see no link between why their deaths somehow make abortion more palatable to current and potential American parents.

Oh, I guess its okay then.

Didnt know this was an America only topic.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#47]

By phantomghost

Did you know 18,000 children die worldwide each day from starvation. For those against birth control and abortion you make me sick with your wanting to see children stave to death."

Interesting, so we back in the 1950's before abortion there was massive famines in America. Lets see, nope America was doing great. Lets see, 1890's, still no famines.   Congratulations phantom ghost you have just proved the old accustation from decades ago that there were pro-abortion types that wouldn't stop at just abortion. Next they would want a license.  The whole slippery slope theory. Well since you have just proven the most paranoid accusations against the abortion movement. whats next after licenses on the slippery slope?  Lets see whats the paranoid accusation next on the slippery slope, "A licence to live". That is taking population control a bit to far.

By the way about the bad parent angle, ever though that how that bad parent was educated should be under scrutiny?
How about taking this to the logical step. Should there be a licence to have sex? You see theres always the chance with all these people running around having sex that some babies might result. Its like having guns legal but banning shooting, not very effective. So who is for there needing to be license for sex? I am sure not. Of course there is even worse, remeber the "Demolition man" movie, they banned sex altogeather.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#48]
wow so taxing is not enough?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes you should need one.  If you choose to procreate without one your child wouldn't get a SSN, only a TIN or some other limiting crap.  It's up to you whether you want to screw your child's life up by not getting a license.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I see there are several people here that need to be denied the right to reproduce!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top