Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2001 7:39:28 AM EDT
This past weekend, I purchased my first AR15 -- a NIB Bushmaster Shorty.  I purchased it from my local dealer.  This morning I obtained the date of manufacture for this particular rifle from BM.  It was made on 12/29/1999.

Is it unusual for the period of time between the date of manufacture and the date of sale to be this long?  Two years seems like a long time to me for gun to be sitting in a warehouse.

Have others who have checked their guns date of manufacture noticed a similar lag time?

Is there anything to be suspicious of here?

Thanks,
OzMan
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Whose to say the whole gun was setting, that's just the date the lower receiver was made (minus all the internal parts).

Mike
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a good point, Mike.

If the serial # is stamped on the lower at the time it is forged, then the lower could conceivably sit in BM's factory for a period of time before it is assembled into a complete rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top