Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2001 12:33:43 AM EDT
Hi,

I stumbled across this forum today researching an AR-15 purchase.  I find myself in need of one to rest a little easier at night these days.  I've had a couple over the years and sold them.  This one stays.  I did hold on to some mags though.

I called Bushmaster and they were not real helpful in finding one.  Any suggestions where I my find a Bushmaster carbine in Houston?  If not here, www sources and FFL holder for delivery?

I'd love to be able to get in in time to come out for the shoot.

Thanks,
Jim

Oderint Dum Metuant
(Let them hate us, so long as they fear us)
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:24:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I think there is a gun show in Pasadena this weekend. It is woarth the drive, the prices are lower in Pasadena,  and the grass is greener.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Falcon, having grown up in Houston, I believe it is the AIR, not the grass that is greener :d

The Stinkadena show is a good one, though

Don out
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Try the [b]AMMO DUMP[/b] on S.Post Oak, 713-723-8583, they will have Bushmasters or can order them. FYI I was at Carter's Country yesterday afternoon and [b]ALL[/b] their AR's were sold. My friend Roger (Cambell @ IH 10 store) said they been sellin 'em like hotcakes.

Mike
edited for punctuation
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
If you don't find one in Pasadena, check out the next show at the George R. Brown or Reliant Hall.  Thats where I got my Colt MT6530.  I thought the last Pasadena show was a little weak on guns sales.  Anyway, you'll most like find a better deal at a gun show if you look around a bit.  Good luck.

Guz
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Try the [b]AMMO DUMP[/b] on S.Post Oak, 713-723-8583, they will have Bushmasters or can order them. FYI I was at Carter's Country yesterday afternoon and [b]ALL[/b] their AR's were sold. My friend Roger (Cambell @ IH 10 store) said they been sellin 'em like hotcakes.

Mike
edited for punctuation
View Quote

Before you go to Ammo Dump, I suggest you do a search for their name on this and other gun-boards.  A lot of folks have had experiences with them that you might want to read about.

The [I]big-ass[/I]trohall show is coming up in November, I believe the 17th.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I have not had any experiences with the Ammo Dump folks, although I have heard a few stories along the lines of the guy's a jackass or his prices are inflated.  I really dig that guys wig though.
I have been to the Pasadena show many times without finding too many ar15's or parts/accessories.
High Caliber is putting on this show and I can't remember if his show normally has many AR's or not.
Maybe you will get lucky and find someone carrying one around.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help guys.  I found one at The Gun Store on Veteran's Memorial.

They are serveral still available if you know anyone looking.  I really wanted a Bushmaster flattop A3, Dissipator.  They only had a dissipator with an integrated carrying handle or a carbine one with no front sight in stock.  I put a depostit on an A3 flattop carbine which is supposed to be in by Thursday.  He said it may have a comp, which I dont really want (too loud), but considering the circumstances, I quite pleased with what I ended up with.  Beats the hell out of my Ruger 10/22!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad you find the Gun Store.  David will take good care of you.  He almost always has a swank selection of tactical hardware.  Good guy too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top