Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2001 4:33:20 PM EDT
The seller is quite unresponsive regarding the status of the purchase I made from him...such as not providing me with a tracking number in a timely fashion...I am getting impatient since I know the seller has received my USPS funds and ffl and was told it was being shipped yesterday and emailed this fella several times since then requesting tracking info but with no response. What to do...be a little more patient? When you are talking about spending 1200 bucks on something, I am not a patient man.

Scouts Out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Patience
I give em a week
cpermd
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I would give him a little more time. Maybe he did send your stuff out yesterday, but has been busy since then and hasn't got a chance to respond or maybe even read your emails. Patience is a virtue.

By the way, I've had $3800 laid out on a purchase since February. I should be getting the goods in the next couple of weeks, but yeah it sucks to wait.

Michael
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:16:52 AM EDT
[#3]
BTT! Still no tracking info! Give him a week to e-mail me tracking info?!?!? No way!

Scouts! Mount Up!
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't be a pain in the ass. It's likely the seller has other customers and other responsibilities, though you'd like to be number one. If you're going to get your drawers all in a knot over these types of transactions, then I would suggest that you do not get involved in any others. Life's too short.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I obviously must iterate that this is a private seller not a business and if I am told that a tracking number will be sent to me shortly and 48 hours later it has not...well...you do the math.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#6]
And I cannot overemphasize what I said- [b]DON'T BE A PAIN IN THE ASS.[/b] If you're too highstrung for these anonymous transactions, [b]THEN DON'T PARTICIPATE.[/b] Do the logic.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I obviously must iterate that this is a private seller not a business and if I am told that a tracking number will be sent to me shortly and 48 hours later it has not...well...you do the math.
View Quote

If you think you are "iterate" You might be.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
First let me say that I know Cavscout and he's not someone to be a " pain in the ass" as some here have suggested. when you send a seller $1,200.00 you expect to be informed in a timely manner of how/when it shipped and a tracking #.I know the few things I have sold over the net, the buyer was sent the tracking # as soon as I had one to give. I expect no less when I'm the buyer. mmk
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Tomorrow will be time to get the info to you.
I got a DSL last Wed and I still can't send emails.Can receive though.Stuff does happen.
Illness,job,vacation,computer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#10]
when you send a seller $1,200.00 you expect to be informed in a timely manner of how/when it shipped and a tracking #.
View Quote

It's really simple: [b]DON'T GET INVOLVED IN THESE TYPES OF TRANSACTIONS IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE PATIENCE.[/b] Tough concept, but that's how it goes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#11]
BTT so the guy who is apparently ripping me off can see this and understand that I know what my next move is if I do not have a rifle in my hands tomorrow. Can he spell LEGAL TROUBLE? I know you read this board Sam.

I also know you got the messages I left you, Sam. I also know you told me you shipped the rifle last week and would provide the tracking number, more than once. I also know you never provided a tracking number and cashed the US Postal Service money orders intended for this transaction. The next move is mine.

P.S.- If any of you give me any shit like "If you're going to get your drawers all in a knot over these types of transactions" then you are now on notice that you are just as much the problem as this guy apparently is...that rifle had BETTER show up immediately.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Why don't you smear a little Vagisil on that soar spot of yours and shut up.

You're 20 posts in to your new membership on this site and your barking at people like your the fuckin' man.

Get a grip on yourself.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#13]
This one is for you M4, get your facts straight. I was on this board before you knew what the Internet was...while you are at personalizing this...check into it...

Scouts out, Rambo
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Would you like some cheese with that [b]WHINE?[/b] I wish I had the time on my hands that you have so that I could engage in the inane and semi-useless bitching that you have.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome, guys.  Whine about someone whining.

I don't think a tracking number is too much to ask for in this situation.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Patience is a virtue.

I'm on the other side of a similar transaction right now.  The buyer is convinced his ffl/funds arrived monday, but I'm still waiting on them.  Got his receiver and parts kit packed up and next to the front door, ready to run it down to the shipping office, but nothing in the mail yet.  :(

USPS is usually pretty reliable, but it isn't written in concrete.  If you really wanna be sure, splurge on a fedex letter with a tracking number.  

Thats what I do when spending more than a few hundred.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why don't you smear a little Vagisil on that soar spot of yours and shut up.

You're 20 posts in to your new membership on this site and your barking at people like your the fuckin' man.

Get a grip on yourself.
View Quote

[b]Now that's funny![/b]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This one is for you M4, get your facts straight. I was on this board before you knew what the Internet was...while you are at personalizing this...check into it...

Scouts out, Rambo
View Quote

Holy Shit! - It's Al Gore "I invented the Internet."  I will second the "Shut the Fuck up!" theme.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#19]
OK,
now it is time to say something.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted: I'm on the other side of a similar transaction right now.  The buyer is convinced his ffl/funds arrived monday, but I'm still waiting on them.  Got his receiver and parts kit packed up and next to the front door, ready to run it down to the shipping office, but nothing in the mail yet.  :(
View Quote

But I'll be you haven't told the guy you've shipped already, have you?

That being said, this is getting way out of hand.  CavScout is probably a little too worked up. But then again, there's even more people who are bitching ABOUT someone bitching.  Shush.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#21]
With internet shoppers I want my stuff now is not quick enough.  Some people don't die if they don't get around to checking thier e-mails every 15 min.  You sent money now just sit back and wait for your stuff.

I put you in my pest catagory. For $1200 you can't afford to do shit. You can't fly down there and get your stuff. You can't get a lawyer, you can't do shit for such a small amount of money. If you don't trust the guy don't do the deal in the first place. The guy has a job and maybe just can't take off work and make it to UPS which are never in a convinient side of town to drop ship your package.

You desirve to get your stuff of course, but give it a more reasonable amount of time before you start yelling rip-off. Give the guy a phone call. Playing e-mail tag can be a real pain in the butt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey CavScout,

When you get your stuff... I suppose you will post it here?  

These things dont always work out the way we plan....  sometimes things happen.  As said before, relax... not everyone checks their emails, and sometimes they need a few days to get down to the post office.  

Every time I got ants in my pants like this, the crap arrived shortly after... and I came off looking like... yeah... you guessed it... a pain in the ass.

Now I just chill, and give it time.  Haven't gotten burned yet.

You did get his home phone number before doing the transaction, right?  You did call him to discuss and verify the number, right?  I always do this before speding any decent amount of money.  I even have been known to verify it with a reverse lookup on the web.

Since I am sure you took these precautions, give him a call... see what's up.

Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:26:10 AM EDT
[#23]
I got my tracking number and of course I will post pics when I get the rifle...thanks for your support guys. I would support you in this same situation regardless. What comes around:...
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:06:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm with Cav on this one.  So what if he's impatient?  

When I sell something I always try to keep the buyer informed.  I'll email when I get their payment to let them know I got it and to let them know when to expect the next email which will bear their tracking number.  If for some reason the item isn't shipped out as planned I email to let them know that also.  

There's no reason to let someone hang...  Not everyone checks their email every day, true.  But, if you're involved in a transaction with someone it's common courtesy to keep them informed and to also do what you say you will do.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:08:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Ditto that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top