Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2001 11:07:51 AM EDT
Here's the SITREP, my fiance is a social worker, she goes into a clients house and there are several riles/shotguns in a corner of the living room of the apartment, just leaning in the corner. These people have little kids running around, leave their apartment unlocked, and have neighbors/other people wandering in at all hours even when they aren't there.

We are worried that with little kids/strangers around and the ridiculously easy access to these guns, they at the least need trigger locks. These people would probably use them but wont go to the trouble or expense to get them themselves. Aren't there places where they can get them for free, like 3 or 4??? I dont want another statistic to happen that will work against all of us.

Brenlover
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not 100% sure of this, but I believe Mossberg has some type of program for their cable locks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Many local police depts have weekend gun lock give aways.  Ask the PD.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Will look into both of those, thanks guys.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]
The only people who favor trigger locks are politicians and rapists.

Responsibility works wonders.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Even irresponsible people have the 2nd ammendment to protect them. Better for them to get help from those who will help than for an accident or theft to happen.

These people have little kids and others wandering in and out of their place all day, you dont want them to have trigger locks??? To "help" them be responsible lets just tell them to turn the guns in or narc on them. If they live like they do politicians or rapists are probably the least of their cares.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a future darwin awards winner.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah your probably right, I just dont want them to win it via a gun. They win ,we lose.
BrenLover
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top