Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2007 11:24:00 AM EDT
I have an avi movie on my computer that is like 700MB. I was going to burn it on a cd but all I have is 650MB cds. Is there any way to cut some of it so it will fit?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have Windows Movie Maker on your computer?  If you do, you can edit it from there.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
AVI isn't really a format. Think of "avi" as more of a "container", if you will. An AVI file can be anything.

How long is the movie? Encoding it using DivX is a popular way to knock the size down while maintaining the quality (to a degree).
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]
You need editing type software like Ulead or Adobe Premiere. Trim it down and re-export with no compression.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top