Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2001 4:10:10 PM EDT
.223 boxes from $4.50 to $9.00.
I walked out; A friend is calling other stores as i write this, starting with the question: "I heard some stores are taking advantage of this situation, increasing prices enormously; You guys haven't done that have you?"
Thank goodness there is the power of the consumer to walk out, but it sends a negative message, not only to the consumer as far as an indicator of what may happen, but also to the store which looks incapapble of being able to restrain itself from taking advantage of a terrible event.  Is this happening elsewhere?  BTW, the name of the store is Guns by Samm.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Do they have a website?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]

There are some good recommendations in the "ammunition" section of the board.

Local shops here sold out of everything except wolf.

I ordered from sportsman guide. They have not raised their prices.

_Fs
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got another case via UPS today from SportsmansGuide.  They have been great to deal with thus far, and I hope they continue to take care of thier customers by not trying to get too deep in our wallets!

[beer]

Oh, and by the way, I would let the owner the store who doubled his ammo prices to go pound sand up his ass!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Report him to your state's Attorney General office.  Price gouging in a crime.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I would never by an F'n thing from them again. And I would also make sure everyone knew what they were up to.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#8]
My local dealer hasn't raised his prices yet, but he has always been sky high. But the only other choices I have are Wallyworld and K/mart or a combination drug store/sporting goods store that has publicly stated he doesn't care if he never sells another gun or bullet, so he hasn't sold me any in a long time. I drive 2 hrs. to OK. City to buy most of mine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to my dealer today to see if the selling has stepped up for her. She said gun sales are normal. But for the ammo....I bought the last three 20rd boxes of 7.63x39($2.50) they had today and got a couple of boxes of Wolf 9mm 50rd boxes($5.50) to boot. Prices were the same. She was not thinking of the importation of ammo being slow to none due to the war. But she said if and when she gets it in she will sell at normal prices. God bless her.

They sold out of all 7.62x39 and .308 in a few days.

I guess for the guns here in KY we have what we need already.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Become a 100% non-customer of this gouger.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]
My local store sold $30,000 of ammo since wed.  He is bringing in $15,000 more tomorrow.  No price increase for now.  If he happened to raise prices (more then express shipping costs tacked on), I would be the first to tell him he lost a customer for good.  I would first ask him to explain the increase however. I think he is upstanding and will keep good relations and make a fair profit.

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Price gougers suck. Whether it's ammo or fuel, doesnt matter, it still sucks.

What I am having difficulty understanding is why many are running out emptying the shelves of ammo. You all have emergency stores already dont you? Are we expecting the enemy to come door to door? Do they have sufficient numbers to even make it through one entire state door to door in the U.S.? Not likely. Is there some kind of expected ammo shortage due to operations being undertaken overseas? Or, is there only a shortage because many were not prepared in the first place? Is there a reason why I may not be able to pick up a couple cases of 223 for plinking when the mood strikes?

Not a flame to any of my bro's here, just wondering out loud. Any thoughts?    
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Buying ammo just makes you feel safer and prepared for anything, so get off your butt and buy ammo![:D]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I had ammo befor this tragic event, and I ordered another case the day of. Im not short on ammo by any means, befor or after my last order.

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I went to the OGCA Cleveland gun show Sat. and I fully expected the worse. I was surprised that things seemed really normal to me. I've seen shows where guys practically ran out of the shows with cases of ammo due to panics and such. I saw some really decent prices and not too much gouging. Of course, I have found that these shows are much different from the normal Beannie Baby/Jerky/Junk shows I'm used to.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#17]
well, i have some for the SHTF, but ammo is like coca~cola, if your next to a machine and you know you have a buck burning a hole, you figure, "yeah, im a little thirsty" and buy it.  its like that with ammo, i have some money today, theres the store, get a little, get surprised as hell when the price is double and walk out!  didnt need a coke that bad right!
it just sucks, it was a local shop.  it just sucks.  oh, btw, no other shops in the valley of sun are doing it, as far as i can tell.
asta
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#18]
oh, kalifornia, i dont think theres a websight, its just a small family operation.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:18:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I went to my ammo supplier yesterday, and picked up 1200 rds of .223, and he mentioned that they were getting somewhat low, but he had another order coming in that should be there today.  He did not think that they were going to increase prices, just may have to increase the incoming shipments.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:53:57 AM EDT
[#20]
My local shop isn't doing any gouging, he will ship for whatever the UPS shipping cost is, and his prices are good.
Doesn't have a shopping cart site, but his site is [url]www.mattsshootingsupplies.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:00:24 AM EDT
[#21]
A local shop that had gone out of buisness 6 months ago just started up again. I went by last night and out of the 6 rifles and 2 pistols he had in his inventory, same amount as before the WTC disaster. He had 1 colt post ban for $1800.00, I laughed all the way out of the store!!

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I went to the OGCA Cleveland gun show Sat. and...I have found that these shows are much different from the normal Beannie Baby/Jerky/Junk shows I'm used to.
View Quote

I thought that was just the shows I frequent in VA!!

Seriously, I went to the VGCA show last weekend and from conversations with my regular dealers they reported no change in spending or buying compared with the pre-9/11 show. One did mention that he has noticed less walk-ins trying to sell.

Personally, I was hoping to sell my 896 rounds of British RG/88 SS109 but no interest. BTW if this stuff works for some of you I'm letting it go at a very reasonable price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top