Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 9:17:12 PM EDT
Hey guys I was thinking while driving home from work tonight and it just hit me.  Do you think maybe our Government is trying to mislead everybody right now?  I was thinking that maybe the primary target for our revenge will not be Bin Laden.  Think about it for a moment.

According to all the news this attack required and support of 100 or more individuals and 5 years or more of planning and staging.  These attackers needed good quality forged IDs, money, documented personal history, training, intelligence, etc.  All this requires more resources than even Bin Laden could provide.  That means it had to have support of a government.  Which leads to what government would provide such support.  

Obviously the first candidate is Afghanistan but I don’t think they would get involved in such attack at this time because they know US would retaliate and they can not afford that right now because the Northern Alliance would take advantage of the situation to fight back and Northern Alliance may get US help (intelligence and material).

Second candidate is Iran but IMO not likely as they are trying to behave these days so they can improve their relationship with the West.

Third is North Korea but not likely as they are having too much problems internally trying to feed themselves to get involved in such act.

Forth potential candidate is Libya but they have been behaving lately and I don’t think they hate us enough to get involved in such massive attack.

Other potential candidates include Sudan but they have no resources for such attack.

Final candidate and IMHO the most likely is Iraq.  They have the resources, hate us enough and just plain crazy enough to do it.    

So it is possible that our government is trying to make everybody think we are going to attack Ben Laden while the real battle plan is to attack Iraq with their pants down?  I have no doubt that we’ll take out Bin Laden and his supporters in Afghanistan but we would probably do it with a “surgical” strike while the real battle will take place against Iraq.          

Does it sound like a crazy idea put together by a tired and overworked fool?  What do you think?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't answer the door, its the CIA come to plug a leak...[kill]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Certainly is a possibility, especially considering that Hussein has been supporting terrorists for years (and the fact that he's basically one himself)
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
ICKSNAY ON THE IRAQNAY!!!!
"THEY" might be listening.   [stick]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is another log for the fire…

If we were simply going after Ben Laden in Afghanistan I don’t think we need so much military force that we would have to activate the reserve.  If we were to go after Iraq then we would need the reserve.

Oh, hold on guys someone is knocking on my front door.  Let me see if it’s the CI…..

[xx(]  
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#6]
By the way we are not just going after bin laden we are going after all terrorists and those who support them which is why the reserves have been activated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Yobo, they did discuss the possiblity that the focus on Osama is a feint on the news.  I have heard other possible targets include Libya and the UAE besides Kabul.  I dont know how credible that report was.  I also thought the UAE was pro-American.  I think, we should invade Iraq take it over completely.  Drill oil wells with the horizontal holes and suck the all the other countries oil reserves in the area!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
LMAO! What- we're trying to "fake out" Iraq??? Come on dude, even when Iraq's military was it's strongest, we stomped their asses all over their own country. Now, their military isnt half of what it was. Plus, they have first hand experience of what we can do to them. Diversion? No, but it was something I havent thought of before.

Bin Laden is the guilty party. BOTTOM LINE. Afganistan has supported him throughout the whole deal, but only because they think they can deny all knowledge and get away with it. They were wrong.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
While I don't doubt that Iraq is extreamly happy about this recent event I do not believe they were directly involved in it.  The reason why is because with all the planes, intelligence personnel and other crap we have over there it would be nearly impossible for Iraq to do/say/plan anything without us finding out about it.

Iraq may have provided some support in a small way, but that's it.  I do believe that Afganistan is behind it as the terrorist needed a governmets help.  And even if they aren't I say bomb them any way for past actions.

sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top