Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 3:13:29 PM EDT
and the 'report' button is not working…
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
agntsa
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If too many people get alarmed over it they'll just push back the implementation date by 5 or 10 years and pile on the "But it's for your own good" propaganda.

The next generation will be properly programmed to accept the chips by that time and the descent into utter submission will be damn near complete.

So many of our RIGHTS and freedoms have been eroded by this methodology that it makes me

The older I get the more convinced I am that Orwell was a time traveler.  He just came back to warn us and not enough people got the message soon enough.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]
If a British book was to become the model for our next society i would have prefered the Discworld by terry Pratchett rather than 1984...
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been watching quite a bit of British TV lately and that is like another planet over there.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
If a British book was to become the model for our next society i would have prefered the Discworld by terry Pratchett rather than 1984...
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The older I get the more convinced I am that Orwell was a time traveler.  He just came back to warn us and not enough people got the message soon enough.  

Even in his wildest dreams George Orewell could never have imagined the depth and breath of surveilance technology available to a Quasi-Fascistic State in 2006…

And the thing YOU guys should be worried about?

Most of the technology and software the British .Gov in investing in is being developed by, or in co-operation with US companies… It's almost as if  Britain is being used as a test bed for this 'new society'…

ANdy
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
This won't happen in America, nothing for me to worry about. Why make such brash claims? Simple, we can shoot back.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]

The report, drawn up by a team of respected academics, claims that Britain is a world-leader in the use of surveillance technology and its citizens the most spied-upon in the free world.

I'll ask again:

Can Brittan still consider itself a member of the free world?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The report, drawn up by a team of respected academics, claims that Britain is a world-leader in the use of surveillance technology and its citizens the most spied-upon in the free world.

I'll ask again:

Can Brittan still consider itself a member of the free world?

Read the second link I posted… I think that will answer your question.

ANdy
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Sad and scary at the same time...I'll never accept a chip and the Lord will see to it I'm believing.

HH
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#10]
George Orwell and Enoch Powell had some scary prophecies that have come to fruition...I fear for the future of the UK more than ever in my past...and that includes service through the cold war growing up in Maggies Britain and so on...I feel fortunate to have been half Irish to clain a green card in the lottery
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#12]

"This England, which was wont to conquer others,
Hath made a shameful conquest of itself."

Somewhwat different context, and 600+ years ago, but equally applicable words.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#13]
request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top