Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 12:20:21 PM EDT
There are several openings at my current job (various positions) and for what ever reason my wife informs me today that she has applied for several of them.  Her current job now is great (I think, unless there is something I don't know about), she has been there 9 yrs (fully vested) and she's an Executive Assistant to a couple higher ups. (Plus our Cruising benefits are awesome, if that gives you any idea).  Its not that I couldn't work with her, we would get along fine,  but Its great to come home from work and actually be excited to see each other after a long day.  Instead of going to work together and coming home together.  Would you get sick of it? The salary difference between the 2 jobs is comparable, but not by that much.

Do you Work with your spouse??
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I work at the same company as my fiance, so as of May I will work with my spouse.  Although I make enough I doubt she'll keep working very long after the wedding.

It has its goods and bads, but I met her here so I can't really bitch.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have actually had my wife as my boss.

It has it's goods and bads.  She would forget that I am the head of the house sometimes and vice versa so there were some sticking points.  OTOH, I got to nail the boss in her office.

We do work together on other stuff, but I think both of us working for an employer, that particular employer especially, was bad.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I worked at the same company but in different departments for 10 years. It was a good thing--we both understood the stresses the other was under, we carpooled daily, and it's nice to have lunch with your wife every day.

Come layoff times, it was a bit nerve wracking, but all in all a good experience.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife and I both work at the same place. We both work 11-12 hour shifts-her on afternoons,me on days. I see her at home for about a half hour at 4 am,and about an hour at work at 4 pm.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I have worked with husband / significant other in the past, and I must say, I will NEVER do that again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#6]
My parents worked together for almost 30 years, and they're fine.  Of course, the plant closed down, and they were BOTH suddenly out of a job.  That's a risk in working for the same company.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Well we're a little diffrent, we own the place, but ya I work with my wife. Nothing like bangen the boss, tho she says it's fun to have the "secritary" as a sex toy

LOL
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#8]
As much as I love my wife ... I'd rather be unemployed, living under a bridge, with radioactive land crabs eating my feet at night.  Get the idea ?

Stay safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top