Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 8:03:09 AM EDT
All I need to do is tighten the tensioner one the serpentine belt so it can at least be driven to the mechanic. I can't find a service manual. It's a '95 stick. Anyone know how to adjust the tensioner on Saturns?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Tannerite!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it adjustable or is it one of those self-tensioning jobbies?

In before the Uranus jokes!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is it adjustable or is it one of those self-tensioning jobbies?

I don't know . I have to admit I know little about cars and this is a friend's Saturn. But I'll let her know to get it replaced. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#7]
just send the fucking thing to the landfill.

I had a 94 SC1 and it was the worst car I have ever owned. Needless to say I will never own another Saturn
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#9]
This is a very delicate problem with Saturns and requires a very specific fix.  I will lay it out step by step for you:

1.  Buy 3 quarts of Valvoline MaxLife 10W-40 oil. Don't cheap out and get the generic stuff, you will need those additives!

2.  Using a funnel pour the oil evenly over your genitals, dont skimp, use all three quarts.

3.  Using a blow torch, proceed to set your crotch afire.  You will know you are doing it right when your nuts are fully engulfed in flames.

4.  Get in the drivers seat of your saturn and start the ignition.

5.  Set the shift lever into the Drive position (D)

6.  Apply full throttle.

7.  Carefully steer vehicle to the nearest high explosives factory or depot.

8.  Apply no less than 10kg and no more than 87,000 kg of high explosives to the interior and exterior of your vehicle.

9.  Turn on your left blinker

10.  Apply a blasting cap or other booster charge to the H.E. surrounding your saturn.

11.  Check for proper fluid level in your brake resirvoir.  This is important!

12.  Detonate the blasting cap from step 10.

I am a certified Saturn expert.  What the saturn dealers dont tell you is that  H.E. fixes about any problem the car will have.

cheers!  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Oh, sorry.  You mean...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top