Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 7:56:12 PM EDT
Their stock has been doing really well lately, today had some strong moves up on heavy volume  Anybody know what's going on?

Anybody know if they're going to get another military contract?

FYI, I'm long on RGR.

finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=RGR&t=3m&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd bet it's something other than FA's that has to do with their investment casting.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd bet it's something other than FA's that has to do with their investment casting.

+1 big golf club contract or something
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or government contract?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
THis just in:  Army replacing M-16 rifles with Mini-14's and is also adopting the P-89 as the official sidearm.

Ruger denies that they are resuming production of 30 round mags, since "No legitimate need exists..."
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

or government contract?

Just found this:

WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld on Tuesday endorsed a proposal to spend at least $1 billion to expand the size and accelerate the training and equipping of Iraqi security forces.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061101/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_iraq

The Iraqis have already gotten some Rugers...
glocktalk.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=7054770

Maybe they're gonna get some more?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
THis just in:  Army replacing M-16 rifles with Mini-14's and is also adopting the P-89 as the official sidearm.

Ruger denies that they are resuming production of 30 round mags, since "No legitimate need exists..."

Well can you imagine?  It would be like a giant A-Team with milions of men, nobody could touch them.

BTW, the Ruger family has largely sold out from the biz, new management is taking over.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
www.nssf.org/BP2/current/index.cfm?AoI=generic (about half way down the page)

RUGER FIREARMS SALES UP 19 PERCENT . . . Sturm, Ruger & Co. reported firearms sales increased 19 percent to $34.3 million in the third quarter, compared to $29 million in the same period in 2005. Shipments of 10/22 rifles and single-action revolvers, especially Ruger New Vaqueros, increased significantly from prior year periods, the company said. Ruger, which also operates a castings business, reported net sales of $41.6 million during the quarter, compared to $35.1 million the previous year. Net income was up $1 million, or 4 cents per share, during the quarter. Ruger is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol RGR

edit: I bought a 10/22 in the 3rd Q maybe thats why
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Read recent SEC filings.
Here and here.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Bill Ruger Jr. retired about 6 months ago. He was a character... very friendly guy.

Ruger is also building/implementing a large new titanium foundry which promises to substantially increase US titanium production. I smelled .gov contracts as soon as I heard about it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Bill Ruger Jr. retired about 6 months ago. He was a character... very friendly guy.

Ruger is also building/implementing a large new titanium foundry which promises to substantially increase US titanium production. I smelled .gov contracts as soon as I heard about it.

Titanium .480 Super Redhawks?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I heard they will be selling rifle/pistol sets as a SHTF kit.
A 10/22 and a SP101 in .38 Spl.

Afterall, isn't that all you need?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Titanium .480 Super Redhawks?

OW!  My hand hurt just reading that.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Titanium .480s! Wonder how much one of those would cost!

No, they have a subsidiary company right next door to the Newport, NH plant called Pine Tree Castings. They do more than just firearms.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]
My company buys pipe castings from Ruger. Diversification is the key.

Maybe since the Rugers are gone, they will start selling good OEM hi-cap magazines for the Ruger Mini-14. And make accurate barrels?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll take a Ti .454 Alaskan. Yeah Baby!

But I won't be shooting it much...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My company buys pipe castings from Ruger. Diversification is the key.

Maybe since the Rugers are gone, they will start selling good OEM hi-cap magazines for the Ruger Mini-14. And make accurate barrels?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top