Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 3:16:07 PM EDT
Mega Gator multi cal lower.
DPMS LPK installed.

Mega Flat top upper w/ feedramps
w/mega charging handle, fwd assist, door installed.

The Barrel will be a chrome lined 14.5 inch with 1:9 twist.

I figure a Bushy or RRA bolt and bolt carrier oughta work, anything I need to know about them, pros or cons?

[noob alert] The 4 prong flash hiders I keep seeing look badass I dunno the name of them, what are their pros, cons, etc?

I will be sending out funds for an Eotech Thursday morning.

What's a good gasblock/bayo lug set up that'll work fine for my buis?

There is an insane amount of BUIS set ups around, pros and cons of various brands?

6 pos collapsible stock. (Whatever I find on the EE or my old gun guys shop thursday cheap)

Questions. How do I order the gas tube to be the correct length for the barrel?

What is the best combination of price and quality on a 4 rail handguard stock?

Are the Tango Down VFG's worth the extra price over a generic VFG?

(stupid noob alert) How do you not get in trouble for having all the parts to build an AR, and the barrel only be 14.5 when it's shipped to you before you attach the flash hider? Or do I need to order it already attached or what?

I see different handguard lengths on different length barrels, how much length do I need for a stock bayonet to work? Or will a bayonet even work with the flash hider I want?

Counting the Eotech, Upper, and lower I've dropped about 7 bills,  I'd like to bring everything else in for under $500.  Possible? Stupid to even think it or what?  Thusday I'll be ordering everything I don't buy in person at the gunshop. So I'd like it finalized by then.

Also, on mags, USGI mags are the best money/quality combo right?

Am I forgetting anything?  Go easy on me, I came here for the pistol stuff, but got bit by the bug and had to have one.  Looked for awhile but couldn't find one set up like I want so decided to build my own.  Thanks ya'll.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I know this is a GUN board, so maybe asking help building a GUN is to much to ask.  I dunno.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You are asking a question about ARs in GD.

Check out the Build it yourself Forum.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1. Don't worry, it happens. Build sheet looks alright to me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I've been all over, thought I posted it there lol.  Guess I do spend to much time here.  Move incoming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top