Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 2:37:12 PM EDT
I was driving from Harrison, AR to Fayetteville, AR today, and had some idiot blonde behind me about 6" from my bumper trying to pass me on a double yellow - with a line of cars in front of me.  She almost hit some minivan head-on, so I called the highway patrol on my cell.  

Since I can still see her further up the line, the cop en route calls me to give updates of where we are so they can intercept.  This is not the funny part, however.

We come up on this 1 - 1.5 mile straight downhill stretch (Huntsville, if you're around here), and I see two patrol cars sitting on top of the next hill, waiting.  Just about that time, a car full of Mexicans* comes screaming past me, on a double yellow, doing 75+ mph.  As I look to my left in absolute amazement, I see the driver is drinking from a 40 in a brown paper sack.  I can hear the cop on my cell going "Is the white car there hers.... Whoa!" and hung up. :)  Both patrol cars goes after this guy, who pulls over immediately thankfully.  As my line of cars past, everyone I saw either honked or gave the cops a thumbs up.  

Kinda makes up for them missing the idiot blonde :)  My wife and I laughed all the way to our destination!

*I say Mexican, not latino, as they had a Mexican flag on their back window.  This is not a racist remark, only an observation.  *dons flame suit*
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#1]
good work!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Good Job, bro! You just took a bunch of Mexicans off the streets; them "eses" could've gotten somebody killed by driving like they did; then when they get involved, then the victim gets the short end of the stick, because I guarantee you, they'll jump back to Mexico to avoid prosecution if they kill someone while driving drunk.

Pisses me off sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
damn i need to move to alabama.

Here in texas i have called 911 SEVERAL times on very drunk drivers that were in two to three lanes of the highway at once and i have not once ever seen an officer actually respond and catch the suspect.

A few weeks ago i followed a pickup truck down about 10 miles of highway and down a 30 mph city road with stop signs and lights and the whole time the guy in the truck was driving over the center median curb and bushes and even though we went through at least two or three jurisdictions and i was on the phone for about 15 minutes, they never stopped the guy.

Finally he realized that i was following him and tried to run through a neighborhood (this was around 7:30 am on a saturday) so i just decided to leave him alone instead of pushing him into a drunken frenzy and causing him to crash into somebodys car or house.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
damn i need to move to alabama.

Here in texas i have called 911 SEVERAL times on very drunk drivers that were in two to three lanes of the highway at once and i have not once ever seen an officer actually respond and catch the suspect.

Yup, same here.  I saw one guy trashed, drinking from a fifth while he was driving and weaving through 2-3 lanes on the Interstate.  I called, gave a description, direction of travel, milepost number etc..

I followed him for 25 miles and they never got him.  I did see two people pulled over for speeding tickets though.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
That's Huntsville, Arkansas.

The State Police is decent, county level and below varies, and the Highway Patrol is VERY responsive.  I drive a lot around the state, and have them on speeddial, I often report road hazards and drunks out at night.
Top Top