Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 3:15:44 PM EDT
The FAA said that the Plane hit the Penatgon had the Transponder turned off. (the identifier that planes have)

From the radar screens headed straight to the White House and then Turned to the right and at high speed dropped below radar and hit the pentagon.

They speculate that the terrorists must have had at least one trained flyboy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Some are saying they may have been actual pilots from these airlines, sympathetic to whatever organization perpetrated this, just waiting for the day they are call upon to do this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The FAA said that the Plane hit the Penatgon had the Transponder turned off. (the identifier that planes have)

From the radar screens headed straight to the White House and then Turned to the right and at high speed dropped below radar and hit the pentagon.

They speculate that the terrorists must have had at least one trained flyboy.
View Quote

i wouldn't be surprised if every one of those planes had a terrorist "behind the wheel".  after all, if it is muslim-related, martyrdom is the ultimate way to go.  the highest rewards await thee.

i also heard (take with a grain of salt, flyboys, maybe you can confirm or deny this) that the 757s and 767s were almost identical in that if you could fly one, you could most definitely fly the other.  makes it easier to train a pilot that way.  

another point, the research and planning was really put into this:  plane types, flight plans, targets, timing (rescue workers allowed to get in for higher casualty rates and media film already rolling for the second tower hit).

of course, it's only speculation as to why this was done, i think for some it would probably be enough for them to have said that they killed americans.  regarless, this was some serious planning going on.

i'll be waiting to hear how much inkling we really had that something was up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd bet any half dozen of us from this board could figure out how to do all that within a weeks time. it took neither smarts nor balls.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Well shit, with a Yoke and Rudder pedals attached to a computer running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 you could probably learn enough to fly a plane that already off the ground.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#5]
You know that NO American would allow his plane to be used like that if they had even one breath left!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You know that NO American would allow his plane to be used like that if they had even one breath left!
View Quote

Amen. I know if I was on there... and the towelheads where armed only with edged weapons... I would have done whatever it took to stomp thier f&cking guts out no matter what happens. They would have never taken control, even if it meant losing my own life.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
How about arming the flight crew?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been thinking that the Penn. crash, that pilot may of intentionally put the plane into the dirt.

Instead of following the terrorists demands, and crashing it into a populated area.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't imagine a commercial airline pilot that would fly a plane into a building, even with a pistol to his head.

Cell phone calls from one plane had the flight crew herded to the back.

My guess is the hijackers had at least one pilot and at least one guy to watch his back. Four planes hijacked, so probably at least eight people involved.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I think theses cowards knew how to fly theses planes so they didnt need the pilots anyways. I don't think ANY pilot would fly into a building willing. I mean... he knows he will die anyways, I'd point it twards the ground and say "come on fucker, shoot me, haha!"
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen. I know if I was on there... and the towelheads where armed only with edged weapons... I would have done whatever it took to stomp thier f&cking guts out no matter what happens. They would have never taken control, even if it meant losing my own life.
View Quote

None of you bad asses know what you would do. You weren't there! Most of you would probably piss your pants and start begging for your life!

Flame me all you want! Its true and deep down you know it!
Its easy to talk tough when your belly is full and you are on the couch with the air conditioner  humming. Those pilots might have been tough as nails and fought like wild men, I dont know! And neither do you! Armchair quarterbacking is the easiest thing in the world, thats why there are so many of you! Excuse me while I go puke!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#13]
THese planes are almost simpel to fly, now don't get me wrong, landing them and taking off take skill, but these are fly-by-wire jets, computers won't allow you to do anything stupid (well, they will allow you to crash into buildings).  But once you are taken off, it is easy enough for someone with even rudimentary training to navigate one to a certain destination, they don't have to know how to land you know.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have been thinking that the Penn. crash, that pilot may of intentionally put the plane into the dirt.

Instead of following the terrorists demands, and crashing it into a populated area.

View Quote

I was thinking about that also. If that is what happened, that pilot is a hero, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#16]
[heavy]
I wonder what the pilots would have given for a good pistol in those last moments?!? It pisses me off that so many have died because of a "cardboard cutter"!!! We need some pistol packin' pilots!!! I'm thinking of forfeiting my "frequent flyer miles" to Janet Reno, or maybe Rosie. (she would be restricted to the wide body planes though...)
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

None of you bad asses know what you would do. You weren't there! Most of you would probably piss your pants and start begging for your life!

View Quote

How dare you insinuate that ANY Commercial Airlines Pilot would knowingly crash his jet into a large building!
I would probably piss my pants as I jammed my fist into someone's adam's apple.
As someone who has almost beat a M.F. to death already, I know what I did and what I would do!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#18]
My money says that the PA crash was the result of somebody with sack forcing the plane down. Whether it was flight crew that knew death was inevitable or passengers assaulting the cabin( how many people can you fight off with a boxcutter in the cramped aisle of a plane?)The other planes had people making cell phone calls. My life is in danger and I'm on the goddam phone. Welcome to the spirit of America in the new century.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

How dare you insinuate that ANY Commercial Airlines Pilot would knowingly crash his jet into a large building!
I would probably piss my pants as I jammed my fist into someone's adam's apple.
As someone who has almost beat a M.F. to death already, I know what I did and what I would do!
View Quote

I didn't insinuate anything! Those pilots did the best they could, and played the cards that were dealt to them. All I said was you don't know how heroically you would have behaved, because you weren't there! You were on the couch talking tough! Actually I wish you HAD been there. You could have beat the MF's almost to death and saved the day! Oh BTW(that means by the way) How do you know they were as you put it "towelheads" Are you psychic also?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#20]
If your choice is "we kill you" or die and take alot of other people with you, there is no question.  I saw an interview with one pilots brother, and I really don't think he would cooperate with the terrorists.

One of my uncles is a small craft pilot, and I have flown with him.  The hard part is taking off and landing.  If the highjackers knew how to fly a small plane, I'll bet they could manage an automated jumbo jet.  It would not be hard to find the WTC with a handheld GPS.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top