Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 1:53:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Would be willing to bet that might be what happened in Pennsylvania with that crash.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Never give up, to give up is to die.  How many of us could they have cut up before the rest dismembered them?

I for one do not want to monday morning quaterback anyone here, but I would rather die fighting.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Act! I don't think I'm sme big bad guy but you have to try,it's all you have.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the problem the passengers has is that they probably didn't know the hijacker's intent. maybe they believed they were just going to be used as leverage to get some of their compatriots released. The knife to the throat of a stewardess is a threat to keep you in your seat when you don't think you're all going to die.

If you believe you're going to be used as a flying bomb, everybody storm the SOB hijacker and toss him out the plane.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Better to fight and die as a Lion than sit and die like a sheep.

Drop the Bomb.
Kill them All.
(Apocalypse Now)
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
TRY to take the plane back over.
My mom (who lives outside of DC in VA) said that theri House Rep came on T.V. and said that the aircraft in PA was shot down. Haven't heard anything in the news down here in NC, but it's possible.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought the same...... Now, given these circumstances you would have to fight.  It is the logical conclusion.  

If the hijackers were only trying to make a statement, like in the past, trying to resist would just get more people killed.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
knives and cardboard cutters!!!  You got to be kidding. Has this country gotten so lazy that no one will defend themselves. What was everyone thinking " No need to worry the goverment will save me".
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]
PBR Street Gang, this is Almighty, over...

[chainsaw]

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK, you asshole!

QS
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I would think that I would react and try to overcome them. Though, I don't like to second guess anyone.

The passengers probably didn't know what they were planning and figured it was going to be a long day!

May God take the gentle souls that passed this day, into his care!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#13]
None of us have any idea what happened on these flights- they may have had or caused people to think- they had bombs- so who knows- a friend of mine was in a bank in Pittsfield, MA, a few years back when there was an armed robbery- he got a gun stuck in his face and his legs buckled under him- he didn't want it to happen, but it did anyway. then he wet himself. (Go ahead- laugh, if it makes you feel good...:^( ) He felt humiliated, and powerless. (Yes, he was, and is, anti-gun, BTW.)

Who knows how any of us in a similar, esp. disarmed, condition, might react?

We have no idea what happened- and we probably never will.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Explosions in Kabul - Afghanistan.
Planes flying over the city.
From CNN.

Free World's turn to play with planes?

AA firing back.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The flight in DC was short, but the one from Boston to NYC was in the air for over 30 minutes after they had known it was hijacked.

View Quote

But most likely the passengers didn't know the intent of the highjackers. And who knows, a few "roudy" passengers may have been subdued by other passengers who figured, "if we just give them what we want . . ."
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I fly a few times a month and I would die trying.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#18]
"A life lived in fear is wasted."

I would die trying.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Just a thought...

The removable seat cushion on your airline seat would make for a good defense against a knife.  You could fend off the knife and drive those skinny suckers to the ground..
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I would pray, then fight.

This board is full of people that frankly don't take shit like this, none of us believe in "if we do what they say....", we know better than that. 99% of us carry some sort of weapon, be it gun, small knife, pepper spray.... we consciously and unconsciously look for trouble, its in our nature, we are not one of the sheep, we see trouble coming and we stomp it, plain and simple.

I cannot sit back and play monday morning quarterback in a situation like this, but that being said if the opportunity presented itself I would take that chance. God blesses those who give their life for another.

Remember that Gunowners are fighters, unlike 90% of the world.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#22]
There were at least 3 incidents in just the few years where a suicidal hijacker was overcome by crew and/or passengers.  Unfortunately, the victims here did not know the intent of the hijackers until it was too late.
It is all too easy to tell yourself that everything will be all right if you just wait.
The terrorists know this and are trained in intimidation and control techniques.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I would hope that what you MAY have done if on one of todays hijackings is different than what you KNOW you must do if you are on tomorrows.

They may have inadvertently woken the sheep.

No one on a hijacked plane will ever again believe that 'everything is OK and we will be landing in a few minutes.'

It's YOUR life...give it up or FIGHT FOR IT!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#24]
It would be an easy choice even if they were armed with guns if you knew their intentions. My guess is no one knew that they were on a suicide mission (with the possible exception of the officers).
However all of the planes officers should be required to be armed and trained. Most of these guys are ex military anyway. They already have the power to kill everyone on board if they wish anyway.  But our wimpy gun phobic legislature is really the real reason it is possible to hijack a plane with a sewing needle, but you will never hear that on the news. Next week you won't be able to carry your keys on a plane, more stupid laws to come, with major public support. I can gaurantee our government will give us a good screwin in the process with this great oppertunity.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I would like to think I would ACT! Thank God for the life I had, kiss my wife and son bye and Die trying.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
4 planes, 1 of them didnt make their target destination... 1 out of 4 people stands up to this shit to do what's right.
View Quote

First off, you don't know what happened on the Pennsylvania plane.  Second off, it's a lot fewer than one-in-four -- each plane had eighty to a hundred-some passengers, after all.

Cooper, in his story "Survivor" (part of [u]Another Country[/u]) wrote of a friend's experience in a Russian POW camp after WWII.  The man tried to find other German POWs to take over the camp and escape.  They got only ten or so out of several thousand prisoners, and these were German veterans who pretty well knew that the Russians were going to starve them to death.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#28]
GB,
If I were there... Well I,d secure the Tango's
and then collect the phone numbers of the beautiful flight attendants (Female). Except if .. there were a bunch of tango's. I am ready to call every one on all of the planes a hero.

Remember when there was a hi-jacking of a plane and the Tangos found and executed a Navy 2nd class Petty Officer, SeaBee and Diver.I do! He was a fellow Bee and BUD. I was on duty. 36 hours with Delta boys. He was shot in the head and dumped on the tarmac. I STILL WANT TO KILL SOMEONE FOR THAT. It hurts.
Sorry. BTDT.
Good Luck.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't think we should second guess what was going on on those planes.  If the the passengers were told that they were simply being diverted somewhere, then a knife to the throat of a stewardess would be sufficient to hold them at bay.  On the other hand, if they KNEW or figured out what the terrorists had in mind, then they would fight to the death.  My guess is that's what happened on UA93.  Remember that it went down AFTER the word went out about the other planes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#30]
If it's apparent that I'm going to die, I'm doing it my way, on my terms, not theirs!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#31]
My concern is that if recent history shows anything, the more vocal of the population - the, "what's the government doing to protect us?" group - will just want more "security". I seriously have my doubts that more Americans will now see that it's no longer "a matter for the police to handle".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top