Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2001 11:27:14 AM EDT
I made a deal with a member here to buy some merchandise from him.  On August 14, I paid him via paypal.  I sent him an email asking him if he received my payment.  He said that he did and that he would ship out my stuff the next day.  It is now Sept 8 and I have not received my stuff.  (Shipped from Alaska to S. Florida)  If shipped via ground, how long would one expect the delivery to take?  Prior to me sending out my money, this guy answered all my emails in a timely manner.  Since I sent him my money, he has failed to reply to the 3 emails I've sent him thus far.  By doing a search on this guy, he appeared to be on the up and up and made several deals with people here.  Should I sit back and wait any longer for my stuff to arrive or should I try to recover my money?  Thanks  
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
UPS shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Even the slowest method of ground shipping would have reached you by now.  Its a tough one, when do you decide that someone is a piece of sh*t?  Over how long a time frame has he not answered your emails?  ie, did you send him 3 yesterday that he hasn't answered yet or has he not ansered 3 emails sent over the course of a week?  That part would worry me the most.  

I would say that if you don't hear from this person soon, contact pay pal and tell them what happened.  Maybe they will do something.  You can also call your credit card company and let them know what happened.  And, send a final "this is your last chance" email to the person letting him know you're next phone call is to the police.

And, if things turn out bad for you, don't forget to warn all of us here about the person!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Treelo,

I bought something from someone on this board and it took over three months to get it. I emailed him several times and was put off. I was patience about it and I finally got it. The guy told me he was sorry because a lot of things had happen including one of his family members being operated on. Not only did I get what I ordered he also sent me 4 like new 30 rd. ar-15 mags. I would do business with him again. I just wanted to share my story. I hope everything works out for you.

Moose
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Bushie upper from a member last year. Sent him the MO, got my upper 4 days later, beautifully packed and cleaned and oiled. Most folks here are straight shooters. Hope it works out for ya.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Just Call ATF and tell them that you rec'd an email from this asshole claiming that he was a US MARSHALL.    Let ATF Burn the fucker! HA!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought some mags. from a member in AK. and it only took 10 days to get to the EAST. Very happy with the deal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Treelo, many Alaskans work in remote area's, sometimes for weeks or months at a time maybe there is a shipping problem and he doesn't know it yet.
Good Luck,  Rabon...
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I made a deal with a member here to buy some merchandise from him.  On August 14, I paid him via paypal.  I sent him an email asking him if he received my payment.  He said that he did and that he would ship out my stuff the next day.  It is now Sept 8 and I have not received my stuff.  (Shipped from Alaska to S. Florida)  If shipped via ground, how long would one expect the delivery to take?  Prior to me sending out my money, this guy answered all my emails in a timely manner.  Since I sent him my money, he has failed to reply to the 3 emails I've sent him thus far.  By doing a search on this guy, he appeared to be on the up and up and made several deals with people here.  Should I sit back and wait any longer for my stuff to arrive or should I try to recover my money?  Thanks  
View Quote

Who was the member?
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Uh... I know there is no ground shipping to Alaska.  Is there ground shipping out?
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Just to update.  I received my stuff today in the mail.  The seller sent them out exactly when he said he would.  I guess USPS just took a lot longer than I expected.  All is well and I can't fault the seller at all for the delay.  Thanks to those who responded.  :)
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a Canadian issue detacheable rear sight and a cover from a Canadian member of this forum.  Took him over 2 months to send me the sight itself, still waiting for the cover.  Guy is pretty bad with e-mail too.  Crossing my fingers that I see the cover sometime soon....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top