Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2001 7:32:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats man, I made the jump about five years ago.  No stinkin' landlord and a dedicated "gun room."  What more could one ask?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Congrats man, I made the jump about five years ago.  No stinkin' landlord and a dedicated "gun room."  What more could one ask?
View Quote

A second house so you don't have to keep all your guns in one gun room? [:)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
nice porch. what is that blue shag carpet[whacko]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Wish I could afford a house.
Damn guns are eating up all
the funds.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#6]
There is never enough money to go around.  I am trying to buy a CMP garand, but I have to keep dipping into my garand fund to pay for stuff that keeps breaking.  

I decided to buy the garand after reading all the posts about them on here.  Easy I thought, I'll just quit playing paintball for a few months and use the spare money for the garand.  So I joined a club and all hell broke loose.  

I was driving to school and felt a bounce in my car, it was also pulling to the left.  I took it to my dad who used to be a mechanic and he said the front end needed to be aligned and I have a bad tire.  $50 for the alignment and about $150 for the 2, yes 2 bad tires I had.  Now I have to get the tires put on $52 labor!  This on top of rising gas prices and a commute to school and I am in the hole.  To top it off my IRS letter came and I am getting back a grand total of 0 big ones from uncle sam.

Ahhhh...I feel better.

Please make donation checks payable to...[:)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats Man!

One piece of advice: Don't, DON'T get a Home Depot (or whatever there is in your area) credit card.  You will start wanting to fix things and by the time you're done you won't be able to buy anymore guns for a long time.

This is from experience.  Of course I did it right before the second Cali AW ban.  How many did I get to buy before the deadline? Um, 0.

Congrats again!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]
The joy of owning your own home.  Just that you have to set aside Sat or Sun mornings to mow the grass and trim the hedges.  Make sure the propterty taxes, insurances, and utilites get paid.  But the best part is which room to put your gun safe.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 5:23:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, baby!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Home ownership be da bomb!!!!!!!!

Seriously, man. I'm happy fer ya.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 5:57:59 AM EDT
[#11]

nice porch. what is that blue shag carpet
View Quote

I like blue shag carpet! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:33:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the world of property taxes. [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top