Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2001 10:54:24 AM EDT
Well, I only put about 40 rounds through it, but boy does she purr like a kitten... a really BIG kitten!  The recoil reminded me a tad bit of the recoil on my benelli when shooting slugs!!! Imagine that!  It was a great awakening to the world of the .308...

Anyway, I was really happy with the way it handled.  I ws a bit worried that perhaps I should have gone with the FAL, but after today, I'm very happy with my decision to go with the M1A...

Now, If only I can get that darn op rod off when I go to clean it!!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of M1A is it?? How'd she group?

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Its "only" the standard model, and I'm not a precision shooter, nor do I want to be really... I'm the practical type of shooter... If I can hit the target, then I can hit a man's chest, and whether its dead center or a bit to the left, it won't make too much of a difference with a .308 round...

But with a scope 6x40 scope mounted I suppose my groups were somewhere between 1-2 MOA... definitely closer to 2...
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Lougotzz... just out of curiosity, what happens if the the piston gets lubed???
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sell that sucker and buy a FAL.  

Just kidding, congratulations on the new gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
wet/lubed pistons cause from several to 10 or 12 rounds to impact away from the normal dry point of impact.  this can be several inches at 100 yards but each rifle is different
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
They are wonderful aren't they. Surprised the heck out of me too when I got my first M1A. Before that I thought that the FAL's were "it". Now I never shoot them anymore..I only shoot my M1A's and Lee Enfields.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Contratulations.  I picked one up Friday, but have not had a chance to shoot it yet.  I sold my FAL after firing a friends M1A.  They are sweet.  If only the mags were cheaper.

Luke
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Nailed some sweet deals on guns america and auctionarms. About $28 a mag. Keep lookin' I saw some guy pick one (New USGI) off one of the boards, here? for $20!!! Now that's a bargain.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Try some of that Argentine surplus .308 that everyone has been selling lately. It is supposed to be VERY accurate ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top