Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/5/2001 11:57:28 AM EDT
I gess you don't need to know how to speel IQ to work at Wal-Mart!

I was at the Wal-Mart in N. Lakeland FL., I when to the Spoorting Goods dep. to buy some ammo.
There was a new guy that I have never seen.
I ask him for just one box of UMC 9mm fmj,no big deal right!?!?!
Well he looks and looks and looks but can't see it so I have to show him he is new no prob.
The guy is about 18-19 years old not much younger than me but much dumber, he asks me "is this hand gun ammo?" so I tell him that not really but thats what I will use it for.
Then he tells me he can't see hand gun ammo to me if I'm not a LEO!
At this point I'm about to smack the hell out for this guy cuz it's taking me 30mins to buy one damn box of ammo, then he siad in he gay lil. voice "sorry sir. it's just not save for ever one to have this"
I'm about to lose it but the other Spoorting Goods guy walks up and see what he is doing and sends him on a brake.

I gess the left is better than I knew at make people dumb.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No flame friend, but your first mistake is that you were in Wal-Mart for handgun ammunition.......or any type of ammunition for that matter.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll give you that I should know better.
So much for your one stop shopping.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Walmart SUCKS!!!!!!!
The kid who told you that he could not sell you the handgun ammo is mistaken.
I guess if Walmart would pay their slaves, Opps,employes a little better they could get some quality help.
A company the Size of Walmart should pay its employes a fair wage.
I guess since so many of the products that they sell are made by slaves in Asia they think Americans should work for nothing as well.
My .02 worth
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, Walmart's had some good deals on 9mm ammo recently...

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#5]
"I guess since so many of the products that they sell are made by slaves in Asia"

Dude thats a really good point.
What's up with that hole "America first" thing?
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I know Wal-mart is a joke, but would you'll rather by sh*t at K-mart??????
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I always wanted to open a store called 'Guns, Liquor and Baby Needs' ( If the names Sam & Max mean anything to you, you will know where I got that [:D] ) but come to find out, WalMart's in NH already have all three.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#8]
This thread has some truly atrocious spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]
You can't expect a kid making minimum wage to know the law.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I make minimum wage (not many jobs in Pensacola) and know more than those idiots. Maybe I should apply, but I'm probably overqualified. Simply put, most of the clerks at the Gun Counter at Wal-Mart are there because they are Jocks and know alot about sports (Football, etc.) Outside of that their brains are a barren wasteland.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll give you that I should know better.
So much for your one stop shopping.
View Quote

Actually, I had a similar experience about 3 mos ago that forever prevents me from purchasing ammo at Wal-Mart.

It involved an idiot crack-head but needless to say it took me about 25 min to purchase 100 rds of 40 auto.

They are total morons everywhere I suppose.

Now...............go support your Mom & Pop business if you have one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#13]
One more Wal-Mart experience...

Buddy from Wisconsin was in for the Ottawa, IL shoot. We stopped at Ottawa Wal-Mart for all of their UMC .223.

He goes to buy some and the kid asks: "Can I see a FOID?"

My friend was quite stunned, and tried to explain that WI does NOT have a FOID card, and all he needs is a valid DL to buy ammo. Kid didn't buy it. Kid then proclaimed that he needed a hunting permit since the ammo was "hunting ammo"!! Even whipped out the IL hunting "rule book", but could not find the law, claiming "It's in there somewhere!"

He finally called a manager, and was told that anyone with a valid DL from ANY state that borders IL could buy ANY type of ammo.

Damn kid didn't even apologize!

Avalon01

Edited because I can't spell and I don't want Garandman to mock me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

A good reason to cast your vote for me in the  Grammar Nazi election.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Edited because I can't spell and I don't want Garandman to mock me.
View Quote

What can I say??? I was an English minor in college. Its just a pet peeve of mine, not an indication of what I think of anyone personally.

re: mocking people -

In properly limited amounts, its actually kinda fun  [}:D]

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#16]
garandman-
 Yeah, I had a typo there. Left out the *u* ONE good thing I can say about you- at least your observative----------AnYtHiNg ElZ GaRanDmAn?????
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
garandman-
 Yeah, I had a typo there. Left out the *u* ONE good thing I can say about you- at least your observative----------AnYtHiNg ElZ GaRanDmAn?????
View Quote

Some people call me "observant" - others call me "anal."

[:D]

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
garandman-
View Quote

Some people call me "observant" - others call me "anal."

View Quote

[moon]  

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I whole-heartedly agree and I was not an English major or minor in college (engineering). Your communication skills will be one of the measures by which you will be judged or perceived. Doesn't matter if you're a nice guy, pro-RKBA, or whatever. When people read the things on which garandman has commented, they'll only think, "DUMMY!!" It's pretty bad when the international students in college, for whom English isn't the first language, can read, write, and punctuate better than American students.

Moving on, we have bitched and raised hell about what a bunch of sorry S.O.B.s Wal-Fart is for what seems like eons now. We'll probably continue to bitch until doomsday. For those that continue to shop there, why are you still bitching? That they are morons is a moot point.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Avalon01

Geez I was in that same Wal-mart for the Ottawa shoot with that same kid and he told me the same line of shit.

He even called the manager and then told me that nope, needed an hunting permit to buy ammo!!

That PO's me, gee maybee I will call and complain?
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#21]
tc6969,

Are you a Grammar Nazi, or a Nazi Grammarian?

Allow me to be your running mate . . .
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I,m glad that you said it!
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#23]
These are the same types of idiots that were FDCGHs.

I wents to Walmart to bought a microwaive poppcorn poper and the people in the line in front of me were tryeng to bought things with food stamps.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#24]
What is a "FDCGHs"?
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What can I say??? I was an English minor in college. Its just a pet peeve of mine, not an indication of what I think of anyone personally.

re: mocking people -

In properly limited amounts, its actually kinda fun  [}:D]
View Quote

Here are a couple of apostrophes - ('').  Now go back into that post and put them where they belong before giving anyone else grief about their punctuation.  If you can't figure it out I'll give you a clue.  [i]It's[/i] not that hard.  [thinking]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Welll Siad, Gnrandman

[[i]Edited for Speeling[/i]]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#27]
it aint just walmort i went to Seers yesterday to by a chanesaw an the lady pointed out that 1 modul said it had a automatic oiler so it wood be better than the others that didnt say on the box  thay had automatic oilers 2. and that you wood half to oil there chains ever 10 seconds or so she guessed. im not kidding.

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I had to get my friend's 4yr old to translate.
Man, if your going to insult someone's intelligence, at least correct your grammar and typo's.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#30]
"Edited because I can't spell and I don't want Garandman to mock me"

Man I know! That's ok I know I suck but if we had a history topic in here I would kick every ones butt[BD]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Eleven bucks will get you
a 100 round box
of loose packed
Win. USA 115 gr. FMJ.

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Those guys not wanting to sell you ammo is a new one on me. I live in TX and you almost can't find anyone in this state who won't sell you ammo. It's TX, nobody says no here, not even your little sister (sorry, couldn't resist).

Anyway, we shouldn't really bitch too much about the undertrained staff at Wal-Mart. They do have just about the cheapest prices anywhere. And for that, you don't get a well trained staff. You can go to a gun store and those guys usually know their $h)t but you gotta pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Eleven bucks will get you
a 100 round box
of loose packed
Win. USA 115 gr. FMJ.

View Quote

I bought 3 boxes. I would've bought more, but that's all they had.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Welll Siad, Gnrandman

[[i]Edited for Speeling[/i]]
View Quote

I actually could've quoted from many others...most notably Garandman himself...but my side is still aching...too much ROFLMAO!!!

However, no disrespect to original poster of this thread. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#35]
subjects
-----------
spelling      D
composition   C+
grammar       D-

conduct
-----------
obeys rules         F
respects authority  F
works & plays well
with others         D
shows effort        A   [:O]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#36]
The Wally World in West Pensacola makes buying ammo very uneventful...actually I entertained the sales guy a few weeks back when he looked in my cart and saw:

-A can of Catfood
-A Shovel
-Container of Round Up weed killer

...he handed me my 4 boxes of 9mm and wanted to know what the occasion was. "Occasion?".... "Yeah, all the stuff in your cart?" ....I casually explained that the cat is receiving it's last meal,shovel is to bury it after I shoot it, and the weed killer is well...to kill weeds!...he didn't laugh, but I thought it was fu@cking hilarious...guess you had to be there!
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Wally World in West Pensacola makes buying ammo very uneventful...actually I entertained the sales guy a few weeks back when he looked in my cart and saw:

-A can of Catfood
-A Shovel
-Container of Round Up weed killer

...he handed me my 4 boxes of 9mm and wanted to know what the occasion was. "Occasion?".... "Yeah, all the stuff in your cart?" ....I casually explained that the cat is receiving it's last meal,shovel is to bury it after I shoot it, and the weed killer is well...to kill weeds!...he didn't laugh, but I thought it was fu@cking hilarious...guess you had to be there!
View Quote

I thought it was funny!

medcop
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Chris, you need to go to the South Florida WalMart.  Never had a single problem buying ammo from their Sporting Good dept. I think the problem with the N 98 store is the clientele they are used to.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wents to Walmart to bought a microwaive poppcorn poper and the people in the line in front of me were tryeng to bought things with food stamps.
View Quote

Their not to blame, they were just they're to get food for there children.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Wal Mart?!?! Hell, don't make me tell you the [b]LEVER ACTION 10/22[b] story. [uzi]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#41]
All of the minimum wage service industry workers are a joke.  Down here in austin, if I walk into a McDonald's or Wendy's I get
"Bienvenido a McDonald's".  

There used to be a token english speaker on every shift.  Now I just point.

Oh and god forbid I order anything not on the value menu.  Jesus, those guys freak (when they finally understand what I am saying).  "What do you mean?  I have to think?"

I can see the beads of sweat on their foreheads.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
tc6969,

Are you a Grammar Nazi, or a Nazi Grammarian?

Allow me to be your running mate . . .
View Quote

There have been several volunteers for several positions but you are the first for Running mate. Welcome aboard! Now get busy! If you need technical assistance just contact Garandman.
        (Note, Spell check used!)
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
garandman-
View Quote

Observative-----That sounds like a George W. Bush word. Kind of like strategery.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Hi Rick, you are right about the clientele.
I told the guys at a shop I go to some times over in Tampa and he had an even better story.

Three weeks ago someone called the cops and said he had illegal AKs for sale.
All he had was 2 post-bans.

Turns out the lady thought all AKs are illegal.
People get more and more stupid by the day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry to disagree with some of you fellows. My wife is a dept. mgr. with nine years to her credit. Her hourly wage is now up to $15.64 an hour. Not bad for "just a Wal-Mart job", huh??? Great bennys, stock options, 401k, and three weeks vacation. Oh, yeah and 10% off too!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I would not talk about "IQ" when you cannot spell or proof read.  To top it all off, you have a spell check option.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#47]
[:O] I think someone works for Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Ok so if it's a kid and he's not much younger than you.  Maybe you are not 21 yet so legally you can not buy handgun ammunition.

Perhaps there is an exception for LEOs who are not yet 21 I do not know.

So perhaps he recognized you are not 21 and then defaulted to the LEOnly story.

Just an alternat possibility.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#49]
I bought 26 boxes of UMC .223 at my
local Super Wally World. And all in one
week! We all need to stock up for the
upcoming revolution.[whacko]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#50]
[?][:\][?] I gess I should not be mad at the Wal-Mart punck just cuz he pulled this crap and never asked me for ID or........maybe he was a dick weed
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top